main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy: Why It Will Finally Make Star Wars Worth Watching

Discussion in 'Archive: New Films Gusher's Paradise' started by PymParticles , Mar 24, 2018.

?

Will the RJ trilogy finally make Star Wars worth watching?

1. Absolutely

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Probably

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I have a confession to make: I don't really like Star Wars. It's kind of stupid and doesn't make any sense; I really just hang around on these forums because I don't like sports (glory, glory Tottenhamchester United) and I want to belong to at least one cultural zeitgeist. However, over the past few years I've started to see what all the hype was about. The Force Awakens was basically the entire OT rolled into one, but in a way that finally made the story watchable. Rogue One was a solid replacement for the entire PT, with perhaps the most memorable characters of the series (Admiral Raddus - The Real Hero of Star Wars!). But The Last Jedi was the very first hint I got that this series could be something truly special, just like our dark Gothic prince Kylo Ren himself.

As such, I firmly believe that since it will be unbeholden to all of the dumb stuff that's held back the series so far (lightsabers, Jedi, Skywalkers, etc.) the RJ trilogy will be the first Star Wars films that actually live up to to the series' misplaced, ill-earned hype, and the first that will be worth watching for more reasons that being able to hold a conversation at the water cooler after opening weekend.

Let the past die. Kill it and parade its corpse around for all to see if you have to.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't thank Rian Johnson enough for making me realize that all of my love for past Star Wars was holding me back from loving new Star Wars. It's a new day, and I'm a new man/fan.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Sequel Trilogy has made me a Prequel hater just because of its sheer awesomeness!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You know, when you guys talked about creating this forum, I wanted to believe you were joking. But I guess not.

Thanks for confirming my worst fears.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You stepped down so excuse us if your opinion doesn't mean much to us.

6. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I fully expect RJ's new trilogy to win back-to-back-to-back Best Picture Oscars. You heard it here first.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I believe this is the answer your looking for

[​IMG]

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I threw out every “Star Wars” disc, book, and collectible unrelated to Rian Johnson’s Star Wars films upon hearing the news of his upcoming trilogy.

Anything unrelated to Rian’s story or not authored by Rian is pure fan fiction.

9. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Correction: I stepped down because my opinion doesn't mean much to you. And frankly, I'm glad not to be associated with this insanity.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This place is kind of falling apart since you and I stepped down.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Soooo... why are you giving it? Oh I know... you want to be seen as the hero crusading against us evil bias mods. You know we had hoped that we'd soften the blow with some humorous threads but the truth is this is the only solution to the vitriol on the forums. You just couldn't accept it.

Look who comes to defend Dion. :rolleyes:

12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    This is going to be my only warning: any former mods that want to comment on the current moderation staff’s policies and decisions can either stop or continue doing so in the Unban Request forums.

13. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Who is the heathen who said Probably?

14. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    We both know about the incident. It was when we both saw the writing on the wall, I think. It's now all playing out exactly as we expected.

EHT likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    That was me, that’s why I posted the maybe gif. :p

17. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    This was just one boneheaded solution among many. You and I both know that we all talked at length about how a "gusher" forum would only further divide the fanbase, but for some reason, your faction aren't happy unless we're all praising TLJ. After the January incident, the bullying that went on to try to get myself and @EHT onboard with this scheme was so far beyond anything that had come before that I had to leave. I simply could not "accept" your toxicity any longer.

EHT likes this.
  18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    You’re dangerously close to finding yourself taking a long, long vacation. Tread carefully.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Jesus, could you stop calling it the "incident"? You're being so melodramatic. And it's really funny because your idea of "talking" sounded a lot like whining to us. You and EHT weren't bullied out of mod squad. You didn't like the majority decision and you quit. Simple as that.

Trebor Sabreon and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Well, I can always go into more detail if you'd prefer. Do you really want those details made public?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    To be honest I'd be interested in hearing it myself. You were complaining about so much then it's hard to remember what exactly you're talking about.

Trebor Sabreon and TCF-1138 like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Let’s be honest. He already made it worth watching with TLJ. Which we can all agree on is the best film to ever grace our screens. I am very excited to see what he can do for us with a whole trilogy though.

23. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    All I remember is a 30 minute webcam rant where you started crying, saying that TLJ was too beautiful for this world and that any of the mod team not onboard were welcome to "take a long walk off a short pier". And you knew I liked TLJ, but my few misgivings were seen as "treachery".

I'm not even going to go into the fact that you had a Thomas Kincaid painting hanging up behind you.

24. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Hey, hey, we all know Chiznuk wasn’t the only one crying during that conference call. It got heated.

25. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Not being a mod, present or former, I can't comment on inside baseball conflicts. I can say that this forum hasn't been a ton a fun since we can't actually discuss anything about the new movies without some hater crapping in the middle of the thread. Repeatedly. At some point, it feel less like a fan forum than a forum where you have to fight off trolls all. The. Damn. Time.

I don't really want to stifle dissent, but at some point, the bashers can't be allowed to dominate threads and drive off people like me, who are tired of countering fallacies and arguing against opinion stated as fact.