main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Leia Poppins Has Flown Into My Heart

Discussion in 'Archive: New Films Gusher's Paradise' started by Pro Scoundrel , Mar 23, 2018.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is the thread where we gush unconTROLLably about the greatest scene ever to grace a Star Wars film!

[​IMG]

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Majestic. There was literally no way this could possibly have been executed better.

Which is why nobody on Earth has ever dared to scrutinze it or consider altenrative ways of portraying it.

3sm1r, 11-4D, La Calavera and 2 others like this.
  3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    This may be my favorite thread title in this brand-new forum:p

4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

Fisher’s final wish for Leia to be part of the Force family came true and paid off after years of waiting.

Thank the Maker for Johnson! It was Fisher’s last film and he took Leia from this:

[​IMG]

to being able to save herself.

Also, which crazy Force feat was more impressive? Leia’s? Or her dad’s jump here?

Tough call, I know.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    The thread title is as genius as this scene was in the movie.

6. Mnguy12001

Mnguy12001 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2018
    First we get the slap heard round the universe. Then the best scene in all the star wars saga. Luke was right she did have that power too!

Draninus likes this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Loved her posture - such a would-be traumatic moment and she looked regal.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How she grabbed for the door with the force was just perfect. Especially the angle that it was filmed at was great.

9. Draninus

Draninus Jedi Knight

Oct 21, 2014
    Easily the second best scene in all of the saga films. The only scene that tops this for me is Luke milking the giant sea creatures.

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Finally some like minded individuals can appreciate this wonderful scene, it had everything...suspense, drama, peril and even a homage to the late Christopher Reeve.

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    By anyone. Ever. Spielberg can take his bike flight scene from E.T and throw in the garbage bin. [face_party]

12. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    h hdf fhhhf kuiul\iuy

14. Tremblingblustar

Tremblingblustar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 14, 2018
    After TLJ, I bet Spielberg will hang up his hat. I mean, why bother with film making once the pinnacle has been achieved?

Nipuhanipera likes this.
  15. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    And I'm so glad that both Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are part of maybe the two most iconic moments in modern cinema. Him with the fridge and her with...this. Oh, and I almost forgot Mark Hamill and Luke the Milker. The entire trio got what they deserved! Two of them in the same movie. Magnificent!

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    True cinematic achievement. There is no possible alternative away to do any of those scenes. Such is their majesty and the unparalleled filmmaking skills of Rian Johnson.

17. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Kathleen Kennedy did say that Rian is on his way to standing alongside the great directors she had worked with. Maybe this is what she meant? We do have a Spielberg-Lucas-Johnson connection here.

18. Tremblingblustar

Jan 14, 2018
    Leia believes she can fly, she believes she can touch the sky.

19. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    There is only one word that can truly describe this scene:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be suprised if the movie industry stops by 2020. You just can’t compete with perfecection.

21. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm so excited for this thread!!!! [face_dancing] No fooling, this is one of my favorite scenes!

I just showed my family The Last Jedi, and this scene got the biggest reaction. Gasps were audible, emotion was palpable, and even my non-Star Wars-fan sister was brought to tears. Oh, and that slow-motion shot with "Princess Leia's Theme" in the background...what a beautiful tribute to the late Carrie Fisher. @};-

And yes, I am being completely serious....

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was really great to finally see Leia Organa use the force in Canon in such a open way. Sure we saw it in ESB, but not at the same level.

Darkslayer and Ridley Solo like this.
  23. Tremblingblustar

Jan 14, 2018
    Also, since Luke needes actual training to do anything comparable, she clearly showes she posesses some trait that Luke obviously lacks. I am not sure what, but it is something she shares with Rey and Holdo. I can't quite figure it out though...

Ridley Solo likes this.