main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Reorganization of WNU- We changed our Mind - Question inside, please, reply

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats what I thought.

2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Really? LOL..... I half-way WISHED it was real (not really, but ya know), but it was obvious it was a joke... at least to me..

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If they had started it later I would have figured it out on my own.

AzureAngel2, Strongbow and Pensivia like this.
  4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Yep, same here. On Saturday I realized what it was. Starting the joke on the 26th certainly makes it more likely to be effective (though it is technically kind of "cheating," isn't it?:p)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    LOL... they were trying to be clever. But the seal on the letter was the obviously fake airing of dirty laundry between mods and ex-mods.... That acting made Epi II look good! ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh that was obvious, but it was fun to read. :p

AzureAngel2 and Strongbow like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hmm... I don't think we were that bad. ;)

AzureAngel2, Bazinga'd and EHT like this.
  8. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    For the record:p, I knew the New Films forum stuff (Gusher's Paradise, etc.) was a joke from the first I saw of it (which wasn't until April 1st itself). It was just this WNU "reorganization" thread that got me...until about March 31st8-}

AzureAngel2 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm really glad that we got some! Happy belated April fouls day! [:D]

@Pensivia, if you be careful about a month before the 1rst of April, we'll start a year before it. :p

New plan: To ban all who use the quoting button too extensive. *looks at posts above* [face_not_talking] ;)

But honestly, I've got a question due to this prank...

When we planned this prank, we thought that a lot of you would argue against the re-organisation. We, and especially me, was more than surprised that it didn't went as we thought. Why didn't the discussion happen? Do you really think a re-organisation of WNU is needed? Or is the use of our various threads not clear enough? Or is there any kind of "don't argue with mods, you'll get punished"-atmosphere in here? Or does it simply not matter what happens to WNU?

As you can see, I'm really wondering and I really hope that a few points don't hit the nail on the head. It would make me sad, if there's some kind of fear or worry to speak to us mods (or to me in this case) or if it doesn't matter. I'm shocked, because I know that in earlier times all WNUbies would have stood up and had a hard fight against such a re-organisation. We had a great community, always standing together. I know that the time changed it, but that much? What happened? Or is it me doing anything wrong?

Please, tell me what is your personal reason! Really! If you don't want to post it in public, you are more than welcome to send me a PM. In case, you don't want to tell me, write to Bazinga'd or any other mod you trust. So they can forward the content but not the name who send it. I really want to know!

Thanks for your support! [:D]

@Bazinga'd

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not that I’m afraid to speak to the mods, it’s more that if a decision is made by the mod team, I am not going to argue against it. No matter what I think I will try to accept that decision.

AzureAngel2 and Skiara like this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    We will never stifle the ability of a user to express an opinion, even an unpopular one. However, there are ways to disagree with a a mod, and there are ways not to. Obviously, openly arguing with a mod in-thread or going on a rant (even if its in a PM or the unban request forum) is not the most productive way of doing. But, discussing a topic in a PM in a reasoned manner will be far more productive. Especially if you give alternative options or suggestions to whatever it is you have an issue with. Having said that, once a mod or mod squad in general has made a decision (after considering all available facts and circumstances), arguing the point after you have been told that a decision has been made is counterproductive.

12. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    @Skiara

Well, my reason for not questioning it at all was mainly that I haven't been around WNU regularly for a long time, so I didn't feel like I had a sense of how WNU is doing as a community or if such a "reorganization" would be a good, bad, or neutral development. So I felt that since I am not really a regular presence here, I shouldn't try to try to assert an opinion either way. :) Other reasons would be that it did seem that decisions had already been made, so I was sort of thinking of what Baz posted above ("once a decision has been made..." etc.). I think if I had seen a thread here or in Comms that was announcing _possible_ changes, if I had a particular opinion on the proposed changes, I would have expressed them there.

A last reason was that by March 31st (especially rereading Baz's reply to Dandelo in which he bolded the phrase at this time), I realized it was an AF joke:p

Hope that helps!

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You know after all these years I figured you lot out and told people, just wait.......as I was suspicious!!

14. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014

well, I like to keep the peace and figure it's not worth the headache in arguing these days whatever administration decide. I just think "oh ok, fair enough" and go back to the social threads and lurk the discussion threads :p

well played BTW, you fooled me :p

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    First, I was suspicious, but played along because I didn’t want to spoil the prank if it was one. :p

Second, I’m quite comfortable coming to you guys. Both of you are friendly and attentive, and always willing to answer even the dumbest questions. [face_laugh]

I didn’t think there needed to be a reorganization, but I did offer up suggestions just in case you were seriously closing specific threads. (I wouldn’t fight against shutting down those pesky Jedi ;) if you are inclined.)

You were clever starting up prior to 4/1 and that’s what kept me wondering.

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for your feedback! It helps a lot. [:D]

I read that the main reason was "being suspicious". Also a bit "all in all it fits and it doesn't help to discuss it". The last point might be seen wrong. Of course, there are decisions that can't be changed and those changes we make it clear. But some changes or actions might need further explaining or we (mods) could have missed a point. Then it's helpful to get to know other views. That's why I like to engourage you to bring up your opinion. We really like to know what you think as a user. We, mods, are working for you and to keep this forum the best one possible. Of course, those opinions shall be raised in a good manner. It doesn't help to get offending or getting into a too heated discussion or discuss things again and again and again. But that's logical, isn't it? In case, you are not sure, if it's good for public eyes, don't hesitate to send us a PM. We - as a board - can't live without knowing your wishes and views!

This said: Is there anything you'd like to see changed? :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    AzureAngel2, Sarge, Pensivia and 4 others like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I view you both from my lofty heights :p ;) [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Bazinga'd like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So is that where all the mods go after they “retire”? :p

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes, a mountain, where we gaze down upon the mere mortals below living in luxury only the Gods dream off from our amazingly huge retirement payout................

[face_rofl]

AzureAngel2, Pensivia and Skiara like this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hate to break it to you, but we're discussing cutting the former mod pensions too as we speak.

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I didnt know we could inform them of that just yet?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You're right, I'm sure to get docked in my next mod paycheck.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You guys.....[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If a new user saw this thread, they might actually think you guys get paid. :p

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I find it funny you think we don't!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.