main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Adventures & SWA: Forces of Destiny comics (IDW)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    JAXXON!!!

EDIT: The tweet's not showing up for me on here, but I trust people can see it. If not, link's here for Jaxxon in all his amaiza-ing glory.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    spicer, Revanfan1, starfish and 6 others like this.
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Amaiza Foxtrain too?! [face_dancing] x 10! And still with her shoulder pom poms and red flower in her hair! Oh my gosh, I'm so pumped. Thank you for posting that, it made my day.

Revanfan1, Nom von Anor and Daneira like this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Michael's since corrected that the issue isn't out until the 18th, but even so.

JAXXON!!!

4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Jaxxon and Amaiza.

Wow.

And not little background Easter Eggs. Dialogue and character relationships and everything.

Unless the "no foolin" is a double bluff April Fool's Day thing...

I knew this would make me happy... perhaps self-consciously or even ironically happy... but... no... just really really happy. I fully want these two to go on to be regulars in the NEU and hang out with the big players in the era.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    So excited to see these two again!! Thankfully, Amaiza's outfit appears to be a little more functional than it was in her original Marvel appearances while still retaining her rather unique fashion sense.
    [​IMG]

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    No way kid-friendly IDW would’ve put Amaiza in her original outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Honestly, I can't see Marvel putting her back in the original outfit either.

On a different note, I just now - this moment - made the connection between the name "Amaiza" and the word "amazing." These characters have been around for, what, almost the entirety of Star Wars history? And I just caught that. Amazing.

8. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
    Isnt this an Abril 1st joke?

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    SWA writer Cavan Scott confirmed again today that this is very real. :)

10. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
  11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Holy ****. Forget Jaxxon and Amaiza, we have dramatically posed Sarkans featured very prominently on a comic cover. I would never have expected that in a thousand years. Keep up the good work, SWA creative team!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    AV-6R7 and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    As if this series wasn't ambiguously canon enough....:p

13. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Perhaps her red flower is a plon bloom?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm not sure why the presence of two Legends characters makes it "ambiguously canon".

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I just meant that this series has always been mentioned as being "sort of canon" so adding one of Legends most ridiculous characters isn't helping it's case in my opinion.

16. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I'd say Jaxxon's ridiculousness is as overstated as the awesomeness of any number of other later EU characters. He came around so early on that outside of ANH there was no barometer for SW "tone"; by the time of ESB he might have seemed an awkward fit but wouldn't have been too out of place in Jabba's palace... or much of subsequent SW including the Prequels and animated show, even the ST. I think that by now we should be able to see that frivolity and whimsy are much more a part of the SW genome than, say, broody Jedi flipping back and forth from dark to light, or some of the EU's more "badass" warrior races.

Jaxxon's also an easter egg in one of the Forces of Destiny shorts so he may now canonically be alive up until just before ROTJ at least! (Along with Skorr who used to be canonically dead by then.)

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    revan772 likes this.
  18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A giant antropomorphic hare in Star Wars is not any more ridiculous than giant antropomorphic pigs (gamorreans), squids (quarren and a few other in The Last Jedi), sharks (that evil CIS general in TCW), wolves (shistavanen, the wolf guy in Maz's castle...), spiders (Trench), lizards (trandoshans, barabels, chistori, etc.), rats (tintinna), otters (selonians), cats (trianii, togorians), instects (verpine, geonosians, kiliks, etc.) and there are others I'm sure. If one doesn't find most or all of the aforementioned out of place in Star Wars, I'm not sure why they'd have a problem with Jaxxon's appearance.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  19. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    The Clone Wars already canonized Jaxxons species though, right?

So Jaxxon was just a matter of time.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

revan772 likes this.
  20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Jaxxon has already appeared a lot of times since the canon reboot - besides the aforementioned Forces of Destiny and TCW episodes, he's been in three or four variant covers of several Marvel series, and is also in Maz's cantina in the TFA comic adaptation.

21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    What TCW episode had a Lepi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It was just an easter egg with their skeletal remains in a crashed spaceship (I think in the D-Squad arc?) What I love about this is that they're not just making jokes or cameos like the variant covers; they're just straight-up using Jaxxon as a character.

23. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I don't think the variant covers can count... the TCW skeleton is debatable (if it were definitively the right species (Lepi?) then the fact that it's wearing Jaxxon's near-exact costume means they have a thing for that spacesuit like Rodians do for orange vests, but cool). However... is there a screenshot of the TFA comic appearance? I don't think I knew about that one!

24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would say it counts.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Vizzy91 likes this.
  25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    [​IMG]