main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2018 FanFic Awards Ceremony **Day 8 - Authors**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Congratulations to @Findswoman, @Raissa Baiard and @divapilot. :) I still offer to build shelves, because I once accidentally built a shelf.

Congratulations to @AzureAngel2, I know that 2017 sucked for you as it did for me...so happy to see you win something as well. :)

[​IMG]

Thank you, everybody who nominated and voted Darth Maladi. She is grateful and she will make sure that your death is quick and painless. The rest? I dare not think.

Wait, wait, WAIT. STOP EVERYTHING. Make that "the rest of US". I didn't vote for myself. I had cavities when I had nominated and voted. Just kidding, I still have them. Guess who's irresponsible? Guess who wants superpowers? Guess who'd like to store some gold yellow cake for bad days to come? Perhaps Urani-yum saves me from Maladi's wrath. Perhaps not. :redsaber:

This NSWFF one is making my head hurt, so do all these BIG HUGE ties. I hope I get it right... congrats @mavjade, @Tarsier, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Mira_Jade! :)

I sense major, major trouble here. Ziva, go read some Hux stories. There's one where I die.

...wait, so do we all, you're an Earthling, too. Never mind. Go for it. It's not like it will make a difference... :p

Who kills us...Maladi or Hux, at the end of the day? [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

DISCLAIMER: I'm talking random nonsense, which has nothing to do with anything. I call it "absurd humour" and I think my bird might be the only being that finds it funny. That means sentients DO NOT. Maaan, I really need to see what they put in our tap water. O_O

gizkaspice, Kahara, pronker and 4 others like this.
  2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Rinoa and Squall accept the award for NSWFF Best Relationship.

Offstage, Squall tugs at the collar of his SeeD uniform. “Just go without me.”

Rinoa rolls her eyes. “It’s a relationship award! I can’t accept it alone!”

“So take Zell with you.”

“I’m not in a relationship with Zell!”

“Just let Tidus and Yuna go.”

“They weren’t the ones nominated. It has to be us.”

“I just don’t understand. How is our relationship anyone else’s business?”

“I don’t really understand it either, but it’s an award, we have to be gracious.” Rinoa wraps her arm around Squall’s elbow and drags him on stage. She stops behind the mic.

“Um.” The color drains from Rinoa’s face as she looks out at the audience. “I, I…” she turns toward Squall, her grip tightening on his arm.

Squall shifts over so he is in front of the mic. “So, uh, thanks?” He glances at Rinoa, who has relaxed against him.

“It’s really great to get this, uh…terrified moogle…thing. It’s really…gold.”

Squall looks to Rinoa again. She lifts the Golden Porg statuette. “Thanks everyone!”

Squall nods to the audience, then lifts his hand, palm towards himself, in a brief salute. Still arm in arm, they walk off stage.

Backstage, Tidus pats Rinoa on the back. “That was so clever! Pretending to freeze up there so Squall would have to say something! You really are a great couple.”

Rinoa smiles awkwardly. “Right! Pretending!”

-----------------------------

Just to be clear – to the extent the characters may seem ungrateful, that is just me trying to keep them in character, and not a reflection of my feelings. I am in fact incredibly grateful, extremely honored, and super excited to have been nominated! And I am beyond thrilled to have won! Thanks so, so much to everyone involved in the process!!!!

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So much on which to catch up; I continued to be floored by the wonderful wins! Bravi a tutti! =D=

For the genre wins on day 5, congratulations to @Mistress_Renata for the engaging and suspenseful story of Ambri's serum run and a compelling tale of love and loss post-Alderaan (very impressive and versatile to place in both Action and Drama!), @Briannakin for that heart-tugging view of Alderaan's last days, @Raissa Baiard for such a sweet, sho'-nuff love story between two Space!Parents, and @Mira_Jade for a truly magnificent "Star Peace" AU. =D= @};-

For the day 6 character wins, congratulations to Raissa for giving amazing life and depth to one of Rebels's most compelling but underused characters ( :zeb: = [face_love] —he's sure getting a lot of awards!), to @Ewok Poet for her delightfully snarky portrayal of KOTOR's incomparable space!nerd!teen (which touches me personally, since that story was a ficgift to me), and @divapilot for a very outside-the-box Jedi and his journey to find himself in the Force. @mavjade and @Lazy K, I'm afraid I don't know those particular fandoms well at all—but I have no doubt you wins were very well deserved, too, and it has been great seeing NSWFF in the mix this year. =D= @};-

For day 7's character and relationship wins, congratulations to Ewok Poet again, this time for a profoundly, compellingly evil portrayal of a villain from a lesser-known era of the SW saga; to Raissa Baiard for the warm, snarky collegiality of three Force-sensitive teens and the Ghost crew and for introducing us to The Phenomenon That Is ZEBSPRESSO (another instance of impressive versatility); divapilot for a delightful "mismatched friendship" between two very familiar members of Talon Karrde's crew; and @AzureAngel2 for the beautifully complicated devotion of an Imperial scientist and his sometime kindergarten teacher (I hope I have that right). And again, even though I don't know their fandoms well, I congratulate @Tarsier, Mira_Jade, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, and mavjade on a very impressive NSWFF tie! =D= @};-

Well, I have to say, the young Tatooine girl is nothing short of flabbergasted at all the little golden hamster-bird statuettes she seems to be amassing, as am I—so glad that my version of her story seems to have resonated with so many! As to flabbergasted, I would guess that word described the feelings of many in the auditorium when, upon announcement of the winner for Best Non-Human, no one could be seen walking down the aisle—but instead a huge wind blew up, ruffling the hair of all those that had it and lifting one of the golden statuettes high into the air.

Perhaps, too, "flabbergasted" describes the reaction to the unexpected duo who approached the stage for Best Humor (that's how I felt, anyway, since I honestly didn't think I had a snowball's chance on Mustafar of winning this one, given all the other amazing nominees): the doughty Lasat warrior who has been racking up one award after another, accompanied by... a meter-tall, blue-furred Squib in a white lab coat. [face_hypnotized] One young man in the audience, a tousle-headed, dark-haired fellow in an orange leather coat, cheered particularly loudly at this juncture, and I could swear he was holding up and waving... a little plastoid jar? I just don't understand some people.[face_dunno]

Let me say, too, that I feel extremely honored even to just have been nominated in some of the categories of the last few days—many that I truly didn't expect! It means so much to me to see my meager efforts appreciated in any form—so I thank you all once again. ^:)^

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    THE HORROR, THE HORROR. PLEASE, MOTHER GOAT, THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL, LET ME UNSEE THIS!

[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Same here - goes for each time Maladi wished we were all dead and that weird skit I wrote a couple of days ago. :) The rest is surrealist/absurd humour.

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, I never said there was anything in the pastoid jar! It was just... a plastoid jar, that's all. :p

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    THANK YOU IN BLUSHING CAPSLOCK [:D] [:D]

Oh, @Tarsier & @Mira_Jade & @AzureAngel2 =D= =D= chuffed as can be for your wins.

And for the other marvy winners, bravisima too. @};-

=D=

Mira_Jade , mavjade , Kahara and 6 others like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Orson Krennic accepts one of the awards for Best Relationship. In memoriam Nagina.

The Director of the Advanced Weapons Research division storms the podium, not looking left or right. His white cape is a rather flamboyant sight.

Gleefully, a convor hovers above him like his personal nemesis. The avian life form is ready to barf pellets on him at any time.

“Come on, birdie!” he barks. “We are doing this for Ina, right?”

[​IMG]

The convor, her name is Bathsheba and she is a guardian of the Whills, settles down on his left shoulder and hoots.

“Let us make this short, feather ball. Ina meant the universe to me. To me she was more than the babysitter from next door. She was like the older sister that I never had. And, make no mistake, I will find out how killed her. Saw Gerrera...”

In the back of the award hall a hooded figure jumps up and calls, “Lies! Deceptions!” A fist is shaken against Orson Krennic. “Every day, more lies.”

“Saw Gerrera,” the director repeats with a thin smile, “Was not alone in this. The tracks lead straight to the Imperial Palace. And it was certainly NOT the Emperor but those close to him.”

A group of elderly gentlemen, who wear ridiculous hats and whose satin robes hurt every spectators eyes, looks miffed. Especially Sate Pestage.

A gaunt Imperial officer with a stern frown raises his voice, “Krennic, this award is not about your feelings. Your work exceeds all expectations, @Ewok-Poet, @Findswoman, @Raissa Baiard, @divapilot, @mavjade, @Tarsier, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Mira_Jade. Honour to whom honour is due. And this is certainly NOT this man here.”

“What ever, Wilhuff.” The director rolls his eyes. “I have a little girl to go home to anyway. No time for party business.”

“And where is my Jyn?” asks a desperate looking man with brown hair and a thick beard. “Why is your daughter safe and mine is not?”

“Shut up, Galen! We were on the verge of greatness before you took a hiatus on Lah'mu. Pah, farming!” In disgust Orson Krennic shakes his head, being reminded of his childhood on an Chandrilan apple farm. “You are not supposed to be here. Go back to your work.”

Suddenly, six Death troopers appear out of nowhere and arrest Galen Erso.

Before the director can give his men any new orders, his personal comlink goes on, “Hold on, this is Cassie! I have to take this.”

Bathseba makes a sad, mournful sound.

“Yes, darling,” Orson Krennic speaks into his com. “Daddy will be home in a minute or two. Just had to round up something for my old friend Nagina. Stay put!”

While he is about to descend the stage no other than Darth Vader, the dark lord, steps into his way. “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director Krennic,” he tells the man in white. “I happen to like these awards and look forward to them each year. There is much talent around, many fascinating stories to read. Leave while you can!”

Shaken to the core Orson Krennic takes flight, Bathseba zooming after him and producing cackling sounds.

At the entrance Maz Kanata shakes her head.

Hux snarls and says, “That proves once more that officers of the First Order are superior. Those old Imperial dinosaurs. Showing emotions in pubic, tsk!”

Kylo Ren, who stands nearby, muses, "And why adopting a child, when he could have used a clone...”

The orange alien kicks both men against their shins. “Once more, keep quiet, kids!”

And somewhere in the huge assembly hall an elderly gentleman, his face hidden under his large hood, asks himself aloud, “Why would Orson give his daughter my niece´s second name?” His withered hands move in his lap.

A sour looking youth by the name of Gallius Rax with way too much mascara leans over to him. “Because he is insolent, Sheev. Always was. Could we fetch some popcorn now?”

8. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    Congratulations, everyone, on your wins! Good job!

I have to say, these presentations have been a lot of fun to read. I'm glad I got to be a part of it, even in a small way. Congratulations to the participants, nominated and winners, both!

Ewok Poet, mavjade , Kahara and 5 others like this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Love how Maz Kanata plays mom to Hux (and I think Krennic?) They need a no nonsense mother figure to knock them down a peg or two.

And speaking of nonsense......
    Yes, your absurd humor makes zero sense and has little or nothing to do with anything. But it is still funny. Precisely because it is complete and utter nonsense.

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    All I have to say is this....sticking Tony and Ziva in there to present the non-Star Wars awards was sheer genius! =D= And Maz getting Hux in line...THAT was priceless! [face_laugh]

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    "TONY!!!"

There is a commotion in the audience, a dozen rows back, as a hysterical brunette in a black evening gown stands from her row seat and waves frantically, while the older-looking man beside her, gently tugs on her forearm.

"Come on now, Caitlin. Your DiNozzo friend's health was permanently compromised by that Y Pestes bug in Seasons One or Two; you'll probably give him a stroke if he sees you with your head intact."

Kate Todd looks down. "Tony is presenting fan fiction awards, Doctor. I think he'll be fine. TONY!"

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    =D=Congratulations to the winners. =D=

13. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Congratulations to all the winners. :bluesaber:

Ewok Poet, mavjade , pronker and 3 others like this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats everyone!

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations to all Winners, and Nominees, on all the days.

I am truly touched by the multiple nominations that my works received this year.

A lot of quality on show this year for SW, and over the three years allowed for the Non-SW writers.

16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    So many fantastic nominees and winners! [face_party] Congratulations to you all.

To @Findswoman again for Beautiful, Inexactly in the category of One-Shot as well as for lovely character portrayals of Shmi and the Force. =D=

To @Ewok Poet again for Doaba Ke’demii, which is well-deserving of its Epic title. [face_dancing]

To @Suzannah.Pearce for Lightforce, which I am thrilled to see get recognition this year too. Absolutely wonderful and riveting. :leia:

To @divapilot for the poignantly romantic Kash and Mirany series (and for Kash's award for OC! :D) @};-

To @Raissa Baiard for the hilarious and beautifully characterized Starcrossed series and all its many tales that have entertained us these last few years. :chopper:

To @divapilot again for Greater Than the Sum of His Parts, and yet again for the lovely characterization of Mara and Ghent's strengthening friendship. =D=

To @Volund Starfire for an intriguing look at the inner workings of the Rebellion and pilot life there. :xwing:

To @divapilot again for The Price of Hope. [face_party]

To @Mistress Renata again for The Wind that Shakes the Corley. =D= (And again for Drama!)

To @mavjade for a moving tribute to two phases of the Rebellion and the stories that they might never know bound them together. @};-

Also to @mavjade for the moving and thoughtful He’ll Know They Stood Up (It’s Time to Consider Yourself), which was a great intro to The West Wing. (And for Josh for NSWFF Canon Character.) =D=

To @Briannakin for a really interesting look at two characters that I didn't know well but was glad to meet in more detail in Canadians in the East Wing. [face_dancing]

Also to @Briannakin for a painful but always loving memory of Breha and Alderaan. @};-

To @Findswoman for the indignity of yearly checkups -- we've all sort of been there (admittedly maybe not QUITE as terrible, but), which is why we laugh at poor Zeb's ordeal! [face_rofl]

To @Raissa Baiard for the wonderful Kanera goodness in Date Night. [face_love]

To @Mira_Jade again for An Old Song Re-Sung -- definitely fits the description of Best All-Around. [face_dancing]

To @Ewok Poet again for the magnificent malevolence of Maladi. [face_devil]

To @Raissa Baiard again for the hidden depths and heart of Zeb in The Beginning of Honor. @};-

To @Ewok Poet for introducing me to Mission Vao and showing what a lovable bucket of snark she can be. [face_love]

To @Lazy K for poor long-suffering Buster. :p

To @Raissa Baiard for her amazing ensemble cast in Teenage Rebellion. (Yes, all of you -- squeeze into the holo frame and pretend you can all get along! [face_laugh])

Also to @Raissa Baiard for the number one caffeine pairing of all time! :zeb: [face_coffee]

To @AzureAngel2 for Nagina and Orson's complex and difficult friendship -- never easy but always fascinating and full of insights into both of their characters. @};-

For NSWFF relationships, I'll admit I just didn't have time to sample all the things -- but I know that all of you are great at writing likable characters and I look forward to diving into these fics at some point. Anyway, congrats to @Tarsier, @Mira_Jade, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, and @mavjade! [face_party]

17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Aw, what a cutiepie!! Wow, we get art, too! Well done ...

and well done to the word artists, also. "Characters and relationships" offer the best fanfic around, filling in gaps of missing moments and pairing lovers that we just know belong together ... =D= no matter what canon says.

18. The Golden Yoda

The Golden Yoda Game Host star 1 VIP - Game Host

Feb 23, 2017
    Great fanfare blares from the orchestra as glittering curtains are pulled back. We see our mods and award volunteers standing in the middle of the stage. They all look fabulous. Mavjade is in a deep blue gown, beaded and embellished. Briannakin is in a one shoulder champagne gown with a black lace overlay. Mira_Jade is dressed in flowing purple-wine fabric, draping off her shoulders. Raissa Baiard is in a sleek green gown and Findswoman is wearing a long, flowing red dress, with a red shawl over her shoulders.

MAV: Another awards season has come and gone. We would like to thank everyone who was a part of these awards - from those who nominated and voted, to our wonderful -

MIRA: - if a bit violently inclined at times -

MAV: - presenters. And most of all, our fellow awards volunteers.

BRI: Yeah! Give them - and us - a round of applause!

The audience goes wild.

MAV: We know we changed things up a lot this year, so thank you for your patience in our experiment. We felt it went very well.

BRI: Well? What about the incident with the PORGS! I nearly ran over like eight of them.

FINDS: And the judgemental fish nuns!

MIRA: And the Tribbles!

RAISSA: And Zeb’s smelly feet!

They all shudder.

MAV: I’m talking about the awards - not the ceremony.

MIRA: This year we included non-Star Wars fanfic and we are so happy to have recognized so many amazing stories and writers from all universes and fandoms. We all hope everyone had fun. Remember, nommed or not, bestowed with awards or not, we are all winners because we all do what we love and get to share it with friends.

FINDS: We had one final skit planned, but the kids are getting hungry, tired, and angry.

RAISSA: And by kids, we actually just mean Bri.

Bri shrugs and nods.

RAISSA: So without further ado, here are your BEST AUTHOR CATEGORIES! Best Author in Before:

Ewok Poet
    K’Tai qel Letta-Tanku
    leiamoody
    Mistress_Renata
    Whiskers

And the winner is … A TIE! Ewok Poet AND K’Tai qel Letta-Tanku

FINDS: It’s time for Best Author in Saga. The nominees are:

AzureAngel2
    DarthMarly
    Emperor Ferus
    Ewok Poet
    Mira_Jade
    Mistress_Renata
    Raissa Baiard
    Ridley Solo

And the winner is … Raissa Baiard

MIRA: Best Author in Beyond nominations are:
    Anedon
    Ceillean
    Galatic-vagabond422
    Kahara
    Mistress_Renata
    Onderon1
    Suzannah.Pearce
    Trieste

And the winner is … Mistress_Renata

MAV: And now it’s time to recognize our newest writers. Our nominees for Best New Author are:
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    gizkaspice
    GreyBard
    JarenJade
    Kaitan ISB021
    Mia Mesharad
    PlanetSmasher
    yahiko

And the winner is … A TIE! Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and gizkaspice

MAV: And the last Star Wars award is Most Versatile Author:
    Ewok Poet
    Mira_Jade
    Mistress_Renata
    Raissa Baiard

And the winner is … ANOTHER TIE! Ewok Poet AND Mistress_Renata

BRI: And finally, the nominees for Best Author in NSWFF:

Idrelle_Miocovani
    mavjade
    Mira_Jade
    pronker
    s_heffley
    Sith-I-5
    Tarsier
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

And the winner is… Mira_Jade

FINDS: We would like to thank everyone again for coming and participating in a wonderful awards season. Goodnight. And remember…

MIRA: Live long and prosper?

MAV: Okay.

BRI: Okay.

MAV: What’s Next?

RAISSA: May the Force be with you.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OH MY GOAT.

OH MY GOAT.

OH MY GOAT.

OH MY GOAT.

OH MY GOAT.

Disclaimer: Not scaffolding enough to touck to miss Payal yet. L9er.

He is clearly onto something, IF I understood the whole thing right.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    gizkaspice, Kahara, pronker and 5 others like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I think we need an award for the hardest username to type. [face_rofl] I often fail at it myself.

When it comes to characters, Finds takes the cake. This comes from somebody who named some Yuzzums...lemme check...Yertwwzzwg, Kiddft’wdfvu and Atywxwwha. [face_monkey]

So want to write something. But the birdy bird needs a clean cagey cage. :_|

22. Suzannah.Pearce

Suzannah.Pearce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 22, 2016
    Thanks so much for the award. I am honoured to share it with @EwokPoet. It's a pleasure to write for Legends and there is more to come. Watch this space

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good grief, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 , @Ewok Poet , @Mistress_Renata , and @Raissa Baiard , you guys are literally swimming in awards this year! I imagine all those Golden Ewoks as small coins that you can dive into like Scrooge McDuck!

It was an honor to be nominated for something as prestigious as Best Author, though some silly part of me feels a touch of disappointment...over not being able to write any funny acceptance speeches. :p

Congratulations to all the winners! =D= This board has more talent in one page than all of FanFiction.net! [:D]

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    WOW! Very pleased to see these Best Author results, and it's no exaggeration to say that I'm as happy about many of them as if I had gotten them myself. @};-

Congratulations to:
    • @Ewok Poet and @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku for their two very different but equally awesome approaches to one of the fandom's least explored eras;
    • @Raissa Baiard for the warm, wonderful, and life-affirming ways she has enhanced one of the fandom's central eras;
    • @Mistress_Renata for her inimitable humor, snark, and warmth in depicting the perils of Rogue gift-giving;
    • @gizkaspice and @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 for the fresh, new fun they have brought to these boards;
    • again to Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata for truly jawdropping adeptness across the entire gamut of fanfic, from the humorous to the serious and everything in between;
    • and to @Mira_Jade, for the beauty and lyricism she brings to such a variety of fandoms and universes.
    And much respect and elevation to all the worthy nominees! ^:)^ Some really tough choices here. I can only echo Mira's words in the skit above: "we are all winners because we all do what we love and get to share it with friends." @};-

Also, @Suzannah.Pearce, it's so great to see you back—congratulations once again! Looking forward to more from you; don't be a stranger. :)

25. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    Congratulations winners! You have done good work, and it was recognized by the folks who read your stuff! That's the bottom line. Keep up the great writing!