main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2018 FanFic Awards Ceremony **Day 8 - Authors**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What always amazes me about a platform as relatively small as ours is that, for not having the scope of larger fan fiction sites, there is such quality to be found in what's written. We have such a unique format, and it really results in some wonderful discourse between us and our fellow authors, and between readers and writers. To recognize all of those separate talents in the Awards is just the icing on the cake of what makes this community truly special. There were so many good stories represented here - it was an agonizing task to vote! For most of the categories it was beyond difficult to pick a favourite. So to the winners and nominees all: congratulations! Your accolades were well and truly deserved! =D==D=

Now, I can't wait to see how we top this next year. ;) [face_love][face_dancing]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I just want to say, I was totally shocked and incredibly honored to have been nominated for Best Author! And I am thrilled that @Mira_Jade won, she 100% deserves it! I so admire her work – the “beauty and lyricism”, as @Findswoman aptly put it. :)

Congrats to all the winners and nominees! =D= And a great big thank you to everyone, for making this such an amazing community. @};-

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Several days late to the party again, but I'm still heaping armfuls of congrats on all the nominees and winners =D=

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    OMG, guys! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It took me about five minutes to fully process that I'd won. And then I started concocting a little skit for y'all. Since @gizkaspice didn't share their gender, I just guessed and dressed them in something random and awesome. I hope they're okay with that.

----------------

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 was stunned. "I won?"

Rey reached over and squeezed her hand, smiling. "You won."

"I won. I won!"

As the realization fully hit her, she jumped out of her chair, her glittery emerald green gown swirling about her as she twirled in delight. https://pin.it/6o24ikjb5bsyn6
    She grabbed Rey and hugged her tightly. "I won!"

"I know. I know!.....You're squishing me."

"Sorry."

She released Rey from the hug and grabbed her hands instead, bouncing with excitement. Then, over Rey's shoulder, she saw a girl who looked equally excited, her ruffled orange gown reminiscent of a fire fairy. https://pin.it/cdihqkw3772uom

"That must be @gizkaspice," Cowgirl thought.

Dropping Rey's hands, she hurried over. " @gizkaspice ?"

The other girl turned. "Yeah?"

"Cowgir Jedi 1701."

"No way!"

"Yeah!"

"We won!"

"I know!"

Grabbing each other's hands, they jumped up and down, squealing with joy. "We won! We won!"

Cowgirl gasped. "We're expected onstage! Come on!"

Hand in hand, they ran up to the stage to accept their awards.

6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    To all the winners, and all the nominees, plus their hard-working beta's - congratulations with the well earned winnings. Indeed, feel appreciated for your efforts, and keep writing! =D=

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Terrific awards season!!=D= Huge congrats to all the nominees and winners!:) To all of the staff and helpers who make this all possible--Thank you!! ^:)^^:)^ You do an awesome job!

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Renata tried to keep her speech short, but it wasn't easy... there were so many people to acknowledge and congratulate...@K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku, @Raissa Baiard, @Mira_Jade, with a special call out to the new authors @gizkaspice and @Cowgirl Jedi 1701. And she had to give a special hug to her friend, @Ewok Poet, who crafted everything from crack!fic to romance to horror, with equal agility, and a warm congrats @Mira_Jade, who not only excelled at NSWFF but also gave fabulous reader reviews.

She went back to the table with her new awards, and looked at Kess, who was leaning forward. "That was a fun week! Can you help me carry these to my speeder?"

"No way," said Kess, "I'm not touching them!"

Renata rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you're being so superstitious! THEY...ARE...JUST...STATUES!"

"Mmhmm," said Kess. She pointed to the base of one of the statues. "And what, exactly, is that?" Renata peered at the round lump between the Porg's feet.

"Uh, I don't know..."

Kess smirked. "It's an egg."

"An EGG?"

"You're on your own, babe. I'm outta here!"

Congratulations again, to all of the winners and a huge, huge, (there isn't an auditorium big enough) round of applause to the hard workers who organized and ran this crazy shindig! @};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-

9. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017

Heh... Heh.... Heh....

Infiltration of porg agent, successful...

Heh... Heh... Heh...

10. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    :luke::leia::han::lando::yoda::chewie::vader::boba::r2: CONGRATULATIONS! :chopper::phasma::kylo::ahsoka::zeb::ezra::hera::kanan::sabine:

To all the nominees; you all did fantastic work!

To @Ewok Poet (twice!) for bringing us Ewoks, Dralls, Sith, mysterious narrators, angsty Human teens and more from all corners of Star Wars space and time to share tales that are often surprising and always rewarding.

To @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku for a beautifully re-imagined Old Republic with diverse Force traditions and endearing characters.

To @Raissa Baiard for making the Star Wars AU that we all want to move to. Seriously, let's just all go there and stay.

To @Mistress_Renata (twice!) for fantastic Rogue-ish humor as well as all the other genres that you tackle with so much imagination.

To @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 for your nifty TFA AU and other works, including some awesome drabbles. (Also, I'm always happy to see you show up in discussions because you always bring such a positive and funny outlook.)

To @gizkaspice for ensuring that I will never see Hux or Kylo Ren without thinking of the time they had to spend brushing cat hair off those intimidating uniforms. Millicent is the only First Order member that I would gladly cuddle, and I suspect that her takeover of the universe may go completely unopposed.

To @Mira_Jade for writing so many things so very well that I don't know what else to say!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your work with us here. [:D]

And a big thanks to everyone who helped put this together -- @Briannakin, @mavjade, @Mira_Jade, @Raissa Baiard, @Findswoman, @Ewok Poet, and @Chyntuck. @};-

11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I wanted to do something clever for my acceptance speech, but yesterday was another five and a half hour flight. I’m not entirely sure what time it is , so cleverness isn’t happening for me tonight (this afternoon? Today?) So instead I will just offer my most heartfelt thanks for being named Best Author in Saga. This is such a wonderful, supportive fan fiction community, with so many great authors who care about each other and share their advice and ideas freely [face_love] I’m so happy to be a part of it and have the opportunity to share my stories here. I’m honored by the award. Thank you so much!

And many, many congratulations to @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku, @Mistress_Renata @Mira_Jade, @gizkaspice, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701. and @Ewok Poet. Bravo to all of you!

12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you. I'm happy to show up. :D

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The master list of winners in the first post is complete.

I'm a bit behind on my congratulations. So let me just say a big congratulations to everyone!! =D=@};-
    Day 4
    divapilot x2, @Volund Starfire, Mistress_Renata and Bri

Day 5
    Mistress_Renata x2, Bri, Findswoman, Raissa Bauart and Mira_Jade

Day 6 & 7
    Findswoman x2, Raissa Baiard x3, Ewok Poet x2, divapilot and @LazyK, @AzureAngel2, @Tarsier, Mira_Jade, WarmNyota

Day 8
    Ewok Poet x2, @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku, Raissa Baiard, Mistress_Renata x2, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @gizkaspice, and Mira_Jade

I also want to once again say thank you to everyone who nominated or voted for my stories. I truly appreciate that you took the time to read my story(s) and think of them amongst all the others.

And thanks again to everyone who helped make the awards happen! [:D] We couldn't do it without you!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, @Kahara, @};- @};-
    This so is true about @Raissa Baiard but also of ff authors in general: [:D] =D=
    making the Star Wars AU that we all want to move to. Let's just all go there and stay.

^:)^ [face_dancing]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    AzureAngel2, Kahara, Tarsier and 3 others like this.
  15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Congratulations to all the winners. :)

AzureAngel2, Kahara, pronker and 4 others like this.
  16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    This was such darn fun!!

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Three humans, one Devaronian, one Nagai, one Wookiee, one Twi'lek and one Drall youngling march onto the stage, with "Yub Nub" playing in the background.

Darth Maladi is accompanied by her One Sith collaborator, Darth Nihl.

Mission Vao is accompanied by her lifelong friend, Zaalbar aka "the Big Z".

Doria Vorr is accompanied by her young neighbour on Sacorria and room mate on Roon, Ebe of R'vanye.

All three are wearing their usual clothes, so do their companions. OK, the Wookiee isn't wearing anything, but you knew that, either way. The Nagai, Wookiee and the Drall carry their friends' awards.

Ewok Poet joins the group, dragging a man with her and doing that despicable gesture with the index finger over her throat. "You OWE me this much...dude. Also, those two remaining Golden Porgs are NOT heavy, okay? Are you a man or a mouse? Yes, I'm here to crush your confidence!"

"I don't owe you anything, I don't owe anybody anything. But..."

"...yeah, blackmail, sweet, sweet blackmail. I'm going to tell the world EVERYTHING." EP turns to the camera and whispers. "There's nothing, I made it all up...but DON'T TELL HIM!"

The man prefers to stay in shadow. While EP is wearing a pair of chucks, black leggings, a skater dress with flowers and a wooden heart necklace, he seems to prefer big, huge spectacles, a sweater, slacks and white socks.

"What kind of folks forget to wear their shoes at award ceremonies?" A remark comes from Mission Vao. Big Z growls and reminds her that he's around as well. "Oh...yes...that's right. Okay, have it your way, stranger."

The man is terrified. "THIS IS AN AWARD CEREMONY!" He turns to EP, who strikes a pose with her arms crossed and nods. "Seriously, this is worse than the 2007 Grammys!"

"Do not drop my Porgs, okay. I have six Yodas and, err, two Palpatines that they will look good with, at least until my parrots crashes them to millions of little pieces."

"YOU *KEEP* AWARDS?"

"Why wouldn't I? It's okay to be appreciated by people, when are you going to realise that? Especially when they've been your friends for nearly four years now!"

Ebe's interest in the stranger increases. "What, there is ANOTHER Revan? Okay, this one might be, say, twenty years older. And short-haired. But yeah, some sort of a Revan that doesn't get out of his cave very much."

"They will be making tasteless jokes about him tomorrow, they also did at the same time last week. I wish we had Revan in our Galaxy instead." EP rolls her eyes. "Earthlings...Milky Way...long story..."

"Wait, you're not Vong who...shaped themselves to look like Humans?" The two Sith walk up to EP.

"Nah, we're not. But my mother would absolutely love you, Lady Maladi! She is a scientist...I mean, she studied to become a poisoner as well. We call it 'organic chemistry'."

Doria Vorr spots EP. She approaches her, looks at her with one eye closed, from all angles.

"Just when have I turned crazy...again? I don't want to look like you when I'm...whatever age you are!"

"Doria, you will always, always have better hair than me. And no dark circles. I made you that way. Other than that, yeah, you will probably look at this when you're twice as old as you are now. SoZ!"

"YOU ARE SO MEAN!" The teenager stomps her feet and is about to go for a full tirade, but Mission stops her.

EP concludes that Doria could use a mood stabiliser. They worked wonders for her, she hasn't had a meltdown since about December 2016...

...oh, wait. Never mind. Pothing is nerfect. Then again, with *him* around, she could've blown up by now and she didn't. Mood stabilisers for the win!

"So, hello, prog, goopa, et cetera. I'm here with my, err, reluctant date for the night and I'm very grateful to have received these seven awards. Our community is small, but strong. This is where the best writers are and it's a honour to be here. Not to mention that, after a year like 2017, getting back into the machine feels surreal in so many ways! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Mission, Dodo, Maladi...step up!"

The three women join EP, though Doria's repulsormic seems to be trolling her. EP signals to her to speak first.

"I'll pass, I already had a problem the other day. Plus, Mission didn't bring Carth Onasi along. Aunt Larax always liked that one!"

"Aunt Larax likes them all." Ebe remarks, sarcastically.

"Okay, I guess that's something. I would like to thank my mother Maris, my great aunt Larax, my Drall neighbours, Branna and Ebe, my friends Charon, Dede, Mungo, Auren and Nilz. Laoda, Sal, Kyp, Emy and the gang - if you can watch this in the Core Worlds, we're missing you. Gredda, I know you're out there somewhere. I know. Love you, always, my friend."

The Devaronian pushes Doria away.

"I am in a better mood today, I am not going to poison you all. Turns out that Lady Talon was the source of my irritation. She does not know about this last day of celebration, she is not aware of the afterparty and the cocktail either. Either way, I shall be brief - thank you all for appreciating the true rulers of the Galaxy, the One Sith and our master, Darth Krayt."

Maladi gracefully descends the stage to sit down next to EP's mother, intrigued by how they possibly poison sentients elsewhere. The red-haired woman shrugs and explains that the only true poisoner is one of EP's closest friends, with her buckwheat crepes that no sane person would ever eat. The Sith Lady, however, claims that life and death are both pain and she is willing to try those.

It's Mission Vao's turn.

"You can't imagine how happy Big Z and I are to be here...BECAUSE YER ALL STUPID." She giggles and then winks to her friend. "Just kidding, of course, why is everybody upset? But Bastila Shan is not, so I'm warning you to ignore her if you run into her backstage. That woman, she is quite a piece of work! But topato flatcakes should be on every person's menu!"

EP nods in agreement and takes the mic again. She spots some familiar faces at the VIP tables. :) Time to give them a shout-out!

"Hey, @gizkaspice. I guess we'll turn out to be quite stupid if you're not a woman after all. But seriously, WHERE ARE YOU? You have to join the party before the closing time, we're waiting for you! BRING THE CATS!"

She waves at gizkaspice, who is indeed sitting somewhere in the corner, trying to make Kylo Ren and Armitage Hux stop fighting, because they already do. She signals to the person next to her to get up, clears her throat and...

"Yo, this EP
    I drop rhymes, though I'm a lady,
    Now eat your heart, mr. Slim Shady!
    Raise your hands for my Cowgirl pal,
    She writes best haikus of them all.
    She too drops it like it's hot,
    And together, WE'RE A RIOT!"

Poor @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 wonders what was that thing about spice in tap water, but then remembers EP claiming that herself. EP continues.

"I'm extremely proud to share the most versatile writer award with you, @Mistress_Renata! Back in September, you told me that things were not going to change overnight and that was...that was strangely comforting! Thank you for all your support. I promise I'll...pilots...something. Thanks for un-zombifying me, too. I now sleep like normal people! AND YES, I OWE YOU THAT ROTJ STORY."

Renata is flattered. Or not. I dunno. :p This nutjob lives far away from her, thankfully!

The next woman looks like A SCIENTIST. And there is some dog hair on her outfit, just like on EP's black leggings.

"Wow, it's @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku! I'm a fangirl, though it will have taken me more than three years to fully understand your magnificent AU. Just wanted to tell you that T'lor can join the other awesome ladies of Star Wars, due to how badass she is! That, and say hello to your wonderful dog, and give him a kiss from me...I hope my dog will never find out about this."

EP looks around to see if she's missed anybody. The only two remaining award winners are among the mods and volunteers. She takes a leap and jumps into the hands of five terrified people who did not expect it. Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage dive, y0! She lands in the right place, miraclously enough, not breaking any utensils or spilling people's drinks on their pretty, long gowns. Now, THIS is why you wear leggings underneath your skater dresses. And this is why you need Maladi and Nihl to control your jump.

@Briannakin is still hungry and angry, but she can contain herself, plus EP's got to have some food with her, she's always hungry. And EP would, yes, totes share her trademark crescents with her, as long as Bri could teach her to sew pretty quilts.

@mavjade makes a mental note not to invite EP to her wedding, though that woman's singing could help at closing time. Or, well, somebody needs to babysit Admiral Ackbark, somebody who knows dogs...hmmm.

@Mira_Jade confusedly accepts both hands as EP congratulates her for that NSWFF victory.

@Raissa Baiard and @Findswoman, who have to put up with EP on NEARLY 247 BASIS accept her suffocating hugs and hysterical crying over Raissa's award, BECAUSE MARZRA. The three ponder going to Disneyland together. Perhaps the one in Paris? :)

Or perhaps everybody should be happy that EP is in the wildlands of Balkans? I mean, what the heck was that? Yikes!

Meanwhile, Maladi approaches the stranger who is still confused. "You look like you could use some Ixetal cilona." Nihl joins her, nodding in affirmation.

The stranger runs away, claiming that he is now not going to attend an award ceremony again.

"Next year, I'm bringing Stash Fioridispino from The Kolors along! He's younger, plus he's an actual...Italian Italian!" EP yells after him.

"Music industry sucks!"

"Bo-hoy, cry me a river. Cry me a river and play me the world's smallest violin." EP shakes her head and then gets into the camera one last time. "And he didn't even find out about Anjie Mencuri! Let's hope he never does."

TEH ENDZ

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  19. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    @Ewok Poet I AM HERE! I HAVE CATS. CATS FOR EVERYONE! AND PORGS THAT ARE GOLDEN.

Sorry, DRL has been really not nice lately--thank you so much for the support… this is such a welcoming and friendly community and I feel very privileged being a part of it. I am totally late to this party…but congrats to all the nominees and winners! Even though this is a small community, there is so much talent and diversity here that I think outmatches any other site. [:D]

Also, thank you so much for those who nominated me in 11 (11!?) categories-- I’m truly honored by this! This was my first fanfic I posted online in a long time and I am so glad I could make people smile. I’m also very happy and honored to share the Best New Author Award with someone as talented as @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 And yes I am gurl---thanks for the orange dress—Millicent would approve! Also, thank you for the wonderful skit--- it was wonderful!

Oh no, Ziva...watch out for Phasma if she heard that... [face_laugh]

And now....

A SUDDEN FIRST ORDER PROPAGANDA ALERT: Attention galactic citizens! Please don't forget to subscribe to Millicent's newsletters! The Resistance are nothing more than a bunch of cat haters who refuse to subscribe to her newsletters. Don't be like them! Show your support by wearing your orange cat earmuffs!

Once again, congrats to everyone and keep on writing! =D=

20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you. And the fact that you are a girl is filed for future reference.

AzureAngel2, Kahara, pronker and 4 others like this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    2019, people. Start buying lottery tickets (it's the only way we'll be able to afford this). TF.N FanFiction min-con!

Hux will be hosting The Golden Millicents!

22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_hypnotized] Colors!! I see colors everywhere, in signatures, in posts... [face_hypnotized]

23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    They're true colours. @};-@};-@};-

24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  25. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Congratulations to the winners and to all who write great reading fan fiction.
    Lynda V.