main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do any of you who have posted a culture/group/species here think that your culture/group/species or a part of it could be in a longer conflict with some other culture/group/species?

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, sure.

If the price is right.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [face_thinking] .... I don't think that's what I'm looking for, I had an idée about a diplomatic discussion between two enemy groups, and somebody that’s just doing it for money don’t feel right. [face_thinking]... But then again I could use a mercenary force as the backing for one of the groups.

Are we talking about S.P.A.G.E.T.T.I. here?

EDIT: 2 of the pics in your S.P.A.G.E.T.T.I. post have been disabeled

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well the Athenar have been at war with the Rakata for a very long time and would still consider themselves at war with them today. Though given the fact that the Rakata are probably extinct its unlikley these two races will ever clash again. Aside from that I could see them go to war with other similar evil/darksider races factions, especially should they threaten the Athenar or their allies. Also if other species/factions where to steal some important Athenar technology or relics of the celestials the Athenar would probably hunt them to the ends of the universe to get their stuff back and prevent it from being misused.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Why is there no H in that one? Curious.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Gamiel - Yeah, them.

You are probably right not to use them for your idea.

Cheers for the reminder about the pics. My internet being down for two weeks, has messed with my normal clockwork efficiency.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In the current challenge I have been given a out of the way system without any people. The two ideas I have are 1) that the planet have been chosen by two fighting fractions as a neutral ground for diplomatic talk; 2) the system has been chosen for treasure hunt contest for a rich man party/similar.

Now my problem is that I have no idea what other fanon to use for either of those ideas, do anybody have any suggestions?

Also, if anybody want to use the above plot ideas feel free

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @Gamiel Could Mausoleums and Mythosaurs work for the treasure hunt concept? Or, again for the treasure hunt concept, some of the Force abilities could make sense, especially the nastier ones if you make it a serial murder type of story where the players are killed one by one.

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  9. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    For the NuCanon, KOTOR 1 happened Revan never left to fight the Sith Emperor here and instead helped the Exile fight the Sith Triumvirate in an alternate version of KOTOR 2.

That version of KOTOR 2 led to a series of events where at Canderous' colony of Duxn, Revan would discover his first true apprentice as a Jedi Knight, a young Mandalorian boy by the name of Tarre...

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You're looking for a different thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/plot-bunny-donation-and-index-thread-v2-0.50029791/

11. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Hi all! I'm writing first to check in on how things are going for folks in the Fanon Planet Plus One Challenge, and secondly to ask what you would think of an extension to the deadline for that challenge, in order to avoid conflicts with the deadlines of other challenges. It's currently set at June 3, with two weeks for voting and voting results posted June 17; how about making June 17 the actual challenge deadline and July 1 the day for voting results? Let me know, and many thanks. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Although I have not formally pulled out of this challenge, no brain resources have been directed towards it.

I do agree with any action to help stagger the challenges.

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    's OK with me. :) I might have to ask for another number, though. Stuck.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Findswoman likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Same here

Findswoman likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I restored a picture to my SPAGETTI page.

I need to find a pic of a Bulwark-class cruiser, next.

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    An entry for Cultural Beliefs and Traditions (with a thank you to @Findswoman, for checking it out for me):

“I’ll See You in Hell!”—But Which One?
    A look at the Nine (or Seven) Corellian Hells

Corellians frequently reference Hell. It is not uncommon to tell someone to go there, to offer to see someone there, and sometimes, the word is a simple interjection. In ancient Corellian myth, there were nine Hells, each with a differing torment. Some traditions, however, recognize only seven Hells, particularly along the equatorial coast of Sasaichte and in the noble House of Baramor. As many of that clan settled on Drall, there are quite a few who swear by the Seven Hells on that planet as well.

Of course, if you were to walk up to the average Corellian on the streets of Coronet City and ask them to define the Nine Hells, you would get only a blank stare (if you are lucky), or possibly a vague response about fire or ice. In truth, the specific mythology of the Nine Hells ceased to be common belief well before the abdication of Berethon e Solo, and was relegated to discussion among scholars and theologians centuries ago. To the average person, it is an abstraction, a convenient expletive with no particular bearing on their day-to-day lives.

The First Hell: Hell on Earth
    The world that an individual is actually living in IS the First Hell. The argument is that day-to-day existence is so harsh, painful, and difficult that it is impossible that the average person is not already living in Hell. Those who believe in seven Hells reject this as blasphemous, on the grounds that life is a gift, and that in order to go to Hell, one must first be dead. The disbelief in the First Hell was the primary difference separating the Septimists from the general population.

The Second Hell: The Hell of Fog and Mist
    In this Hell, the individual wanders through a cool, heavy fog or mist, where sound and conversation are muffled. S/he can see other people moving about, but they do not respond or acknowledge the damned one, who is surrounded by people but eternally cut off from any social interaction. Some scholars speculate that it is a metaphor for clinical depression, while others wonder if it was perhaps a justification for a paranormal belief in ghosts; the ghost being the damned soul who could still see and move among the living without being able to contact them.

The Third Hell: The Hell of Utter Solitude
    This Hell is simply a dark, empty plain, featureless and void, where the individual wanders alone for eternity, without encountering another soul. Septimists generally felt that this particular hell was the same as the Hell of Fog and Mist, and conflated the two into one. With the rejection of Hell on Earth, this brought their internal belief system to Seven Hells. Nowadays, of course, the differentiation can only be heard by hearing someone invoke Seven Hells as opposed to Nine. In practice, most people would be hard-pressed to name one.

The Fourth Hell: The Hell of Burning Ice
    This Hell is similar to that of several belief systems, a cold and icy place of sharp ice crystals and a cold so harsh that it hurts to breathe. There is no shelter and no way to warm oneself.

The Fifth Hell: The Hell of Eternal Flame
    On this plane, the individual is in a pit of an eternally burning material, with their flesh being constantly burned without actually being consumed. This Hell is the one most common to belief among most of the galaxy, and is often cited as proof of a central common origin point for the human species, due to the widespread belief in flame as an eternal punishment in the afterlife

The Sixth Hell: The Hell of Consumption
    On this plane, the individual is paralyzed, helpless to do anything about self-defense as various demon birds eat their entrails. The sensation is agonizing, and unending. Yallis, in The Call of Draissa, describes them in her cry for revenge: “O, come, bloody convors, and feast upon him! Let his screams of torment echo throughout eternity!“

It is unlikely, though, that the demons described were originally convors. The Annals of Peremis mention, “…the demons who come to feast, spreading their wide black wings and shrieking a battle cry.” Convors weren’t introduced to Corellia until well into the reign of Queen Alassima, and most scholars believe that the original demons were giant versions of corven, who, with their black feathers and red eyes, are a better candidate for the demons of the Sixth Hell. Native to Corellia and natural carrion-eaters, they were often seen on battlefields after the battle and were rumored to carry the souls of dead warriors to the next world.

The Seventh Hell: The Hell of Unending Sound
    The most puzzling of the Hells described, on this plain there is simply loud, repetitive, unending sound. Some say it is like an incessant drumbeat, others have described it as screeching and wailing. There is very little reference material for this, save that all sources agree it drives the damned soul to madness.

The Eighth Hell: The Hell of Drowning
    Simplest to describe, the individual is constantly drowning in the depths of an ocean, gulping down icy salt water and gasping for breath without being able to catch it. A fragment from the Annals of Peremis describes it as “…a breath of cold water and calling for Death, but Death does not come for it has already occurred and refuses further release.

The Ninth Hell: The Hell of Absolute Truth
    The most intriguing to scholars and the subject of centuries of debate, on this plain, the individual is confronted with the truth of his or her life. The lies that an individual tells to themselves, all of the impact that their actions have had on other people for good or bad, is fully revealed.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Dante in GFFA? Oooh, boy, sign me up! :)

18. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Hello everyone! A few updates and announcements for March and April:

@Gamiel has added a fanon post on Nar Shaddaa (canon planet). This is actually his fanon post from February. (Yes, I am a slow-moving sock here, and I apologize! [face_blush] )

@Mistress_Renata has contributed a new post, titled “I’ll See You in Hell!”—But Which One? A Look at the Nine (or Seven) Corellian Hells.

Also, to keep the deadline of the Fanon Planet Plus One Challengefrom conflicting with those of challenges in the OTP and OC Revolution threads, I have pushed the deadline back to June 17, with voting results posted July 1.

Finally, I know a few of you (@Ewok Poet and @Gamiel, I think) expressed an interest in choosing a new number; if you're still interested in doing so, let me know. There are many options still open. :)

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I came across the following lists of Random Cultural Quirks and Family Customs in the Unknown Regions Sourcebook and thought they might be useful here. There are twenty of each, since it's assumed you'll be rolling a d20 for random characteristics; some are kind of silly, but others seem like they have potential.

Random Cultural Quirks
    1. Violence is forbidden and punishable by death
    2. Protocol droids are believed to be evil spirits
    3. Not wearing a weapon to a formal dinner is an insult to your host
    4. Official formal language, such as legal proclamations or business deals, is always sung
    5. Guests thank a host for a good meal by eating messily and chewing with their mouths open
    6. Droids are first-class citizens and organics are slaves
    7. An item common to the heroes is valuable, such as water, glow rods, or mesh tape
    8. Alliances and friendships are cemented by an exchange of hair clippings
    9. Ships are treated as sentient beings
    10. Passengers must remove their shoes before boarding ships
    11. All technology is barred from religious sites
    12. Pets are given as part of a military alliance; the alliance lasts only as long as the pet live
    13. There is no concept of ownership-anything anyone wants,he or she takes
    14. Off-worlders are required to wear a certain piece or type of clothing at all times
    15. A variation of Basic is spoken, such as speaking backward or adding a prefix to nouns/verbs
    16. Looking someone in the eye is an insult
    17. Any gift accepted must be refused three times first
    18. Males are not allowed to speak in public
    19. Off-world visitors are believed to be reincarnations of deceased relatives
    20. The leader of the planet must spend the winter as the guest of a randomly selected citizen
    Random Family Customs
    1. Only unmarried beings can carry weapons in public
    2. Even-numbered children can hold office; odd-numbered children are expected to raise families
    3. The groom and the best man fight a duel on the wedding day, and the winner marries the bride
    4. The elderly are granted a small ship upon retirement but are never allowed to return to the planet again
    5. Once a year, each family in a village exchanges one of its children with another family
    6. The family ancestral weapon is given as a token of betrothal
    7. If a wife dies, the husband must join a monastic order
    8. If a husband dies, the wife must leave her family and become a spacer
    9. If a both of a child's parents die, the child is taught the ways of mysticism and, possibly, the Force
    10. Marriages can be performed only by off-worlders
    11. The dead must be buried on the same spot where they are married, and unmarried beings are buried in space
    12. Children have their earlobes removed at birth
    13. At birth, every child is given a bottle of liquor that he or she must drink only before heading into battle
    14. A deceased relative is buried with the flowers of the last family bride, and a bride wears jewelry belonging to the last deceased relative
    15. The youngest sibling is raised by older brothers and sisters until he or she is replaced or reaches the age of maturity
    16. The status of eldest sibling is determined by an unarmed duel that can take place at any time and at any location
    17. The eldest daughter must return to her homeworld each year; if she cannot, she is not permitted to return to the planet again
    18. When a feud begins, both parties abstain from food and sleep; the first to pass out from exhaustion is considered to be the guilty party
    19. Starships are available only to married couples
    20. When a ship jumps to hyperspace, the cockpit lights are extinguished in remembrance of family members lost in space

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Some of these are awesome. But this one...[face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some more questions regarding Marfa: do there exist any native or imported animal that is use for riding? Any cultural minorities or emigrant minorities? Any organised crime? What happened to the agri-corps facilities after the Empire took over? What kind/s of ships are the most common?

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Deeply Religious are, given that the band members were born the same year as Luke, Leia and Ezra (or the one before, I need to check my files). The entries on most others need further work.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I dare you to send Ezra to that planet! He wouldn't last 30 seconds! [face_laugh]

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Marfa was colonized for one main reason: to provide food for the growing city-planet of Coruscant. The farmer-entrepreneurs who turned the planet into an agricultural center imported whatever beasts of burden would work best in that particular climate, so there are a number of steeds and eopies and other beasts available if someone desires an animal to ride.
    Cultural minorities/emigrant minirities: Marfa is a predominately Human planet. However, like Coruscant, there are a number of sentient nonhumans living on the planet. They do not have any significant cultural or political influence on the planet, and are usually assimilated into Marfa society.
    Organized crime exists here as on any other planet but not to the extent you might see it elsewhere. This is a farming world and it’s frankly too quiet for organized crime to bother with. Some of the more luxurious villas in the southern coastal regions are rumored to belong to crime lords, but nobody asks and nobody volunteers information. As long as the owners don’t cause trouble for the natives and they pay their taxes, the villa owners are left alone.
    When the Empire destroyed the agri-Corp settlements, the Empire had a bit of a problem. Most of the agricorp residents were on very friendly terms with the native Marfans, and in many cases their economies were intertwined. This sudden destruction caused all kinds of problems for the locals. Firstly, their friends had been suddenly murdered and the government explanation that the Jedi were murderous terrorists contradicted what the Marfans knew for themselves. Secondly, this caused a gap in the economic system. The empire’s solution was to offer the vast holdings of land to the locals in exchange for their complicity and silence. Many communities, tempted by the chance to double their income, agreed to the deal. The Jedi were never spoken of again, and those who remembered them as good people were eventually convinced to discredit the evidence of their own eyes and memory. As for those communities who could not put their outrage at the massacres aside, even sheltering the few surviving Jedi, the empire instituted Order 37, which helped other communities to make their own decision about following the empire easier. Ironically, there is some evidence that The Church of the Force may have gotten its start from the people whose consciences continued to torment them from these events.
    Marfa is a very modern planet and it has the same ships you would expect on any modern planet, from cargo vessels to luxury yachts.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Findswoman , Gamiel, Anedon and 2 others like this.