main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Poe Dameron #20-25: Legend Found (6/6 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 4, 2017.

1. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Mattis is always going on about being force sensitive, perhaps through this possibility and the pheromones he is exposed to, he has had some type of vision ?
    Could be a way Acker and Blacker get round it.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I also like how they didn't have this go directly into TFA and left room open for things to happen inbetween. We really don't know how much time is left between issue #25 and the beginning of TFA (could be three months...could be six months...). Tekka definitely isn't going to find out the whereabouts of Luke overnight. They could now do an entirely new series/novel based around Tekka finding out more info about the location of Luke. Maybe the next couple issues will shed light on how much time has passed but I kind of doubt it. I think they will leave that totally open at this point for some new ideas in the future.

redxavier and SilentGuy66 like this.
  3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Good arc and great art!

So let's assume the next arc (maybe 5 issues) will be TFA from the point of view of Poe and the Black Squadron, and after that maybe another 5 issue arc during TLJ again from the point of view of Poe and Black Squadron. After all none of the Black Squadron, except Poe, are in TLJ.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    From the solicitations, my sense is that the next arc will start with Poe basically going over the stuff from the novel about what he was up to in between crashing on Jakku/flying to Takodana, maybe some of the Starkiller battle from his POV, but then continue with what Black Squadron was up to during TLJ.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wonder if we’ll get details as to where the rest of his squad was sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'd love this series to tell stories post-TLJ... but I am doubtful TPTB will allow anything like that. UNLESS there is enough written about IX that they can extrapolate backwards and fill in some gaps... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

7. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Perhaps though, given that a number of the characters were away from the fleet during the events TLJ we may get to see what happens to them around the period of the film.

Darth Pipes likes this.
  8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Snap, Jess, Kare, Admiral Statura, Dr. Kalonia, Captain Cypress, Zari Bangel, Joph Seastriker (could get a first picture), Sulandia...

9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    (Quick digression: in the movie credits, Cypress is called a captain, but in the movie itself, he bears the badge of a general. What do you guys trust?)

10. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Who knows. Worth asking Pablo Hidalgo or Leland Chee about if they ever answer it. I'd go with captain based on the credits at present. (Though credits have been wrong before: Motti was an admiral in the film though was a general in the credits (and Tagge was spelt Taggi). Willard was referred to as a commander though is credited as a general (I still refer to him by commander rank in my lists until something convinces me otherwise)).

Ematt had the rank of colonel, though was referred to as a major (though being promoted to general in the next film might be associated with it).

11. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    This seems especially likely since the return of JJ almost certainly means the return of Snap and Statura at least

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One interpretation is that "commander" here refers to "commander of the entire Rebel military".

For another example of "credits not matching other sources" - Shaef Corssin, captain of the Devastator in Rogue One, is referred to as General Corssin by the credits.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Which is why Cypress is a general--and not a captain--in my book. Visual evidence (the badge he actually wears) trumps the credits, especially when credits have often been wrong before.

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Don't the credits of attack of the clone contradict who the nemodian is next to Nute Gunray in the arena?
    Don't official sources say it's Runne Haako returning from TPM (guess he must have hit nemidan puberty during the battle of Geonosis) while the credits says he's a completely new character?

15. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    You don't have to tell me. I wrote an entire article about it.
    Thing is, TPTB's final answer is that this character is Rune Haako. But I still think that's a mistake.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I just dub him as Lott Dod.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Thing is, the AOTC crony looks and sounds neither like Haako nor Dod. He should've remained a separate character, Gilramos Libkath.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Nom von Anor and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. The Raddinator

Dec 18, 2017
  19. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    The tracing art is back. That's becoming more troublesome. I know I like realistic art but tracing is odd...

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Woooot, relevant and new content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The Raddinator

Dec 18, 2017
    Strange to think that the first time we have ever seen the ST Trio interacting as a trio so far comes.... in this comic!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    They almost seem to be playing up a flirtation between Rey and Poe similar to Han/Leia in the ANH-ESB comics. I wonder if the comics will cover Leia's death?

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Say January 2020?

24. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Happy to get some post-TLA stuff but very much disappointed that more Star Wars comics are sticking with tracing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  25. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I didn't see it in that way. I really hope Poe and Rey will be just friends. But I'm worried with Rey's first quote, she heard something similar from Kylo Ren (about leave the past etc) [face_plain]