main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Knight Errant comic series: Epic Collection inclusion?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WebLurker, Apr 14, 2018.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Is there any clue if the Knight Errant comic series will be included in Marvel's Star Wars Epic Collection trade paperback line?

Endor_boy and comradepitrovsky like this.
  2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Huh. Interested myself about this.

3. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I think they will eventually get around to it. It's the same with the tales of the jedi and dawn of the jedi you would think they would have started from the start by now or start it before doing the Kotor comics as i thought it would have all been but into the same time period starting with dawn and finishing with Kotor but that's just me.

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    As far as I know, Knight Errant's inclusion in the Epic Collection line hasn't been announced yet, but I'd expect it to be collected in some of the future Old Republic volumes. Currently The Old Republic volumes are still collecting the KOTOR comics. After that they'd probably continue it with the TOR comics, and once they are finished Knight Errant should be next. Although with the pace the Epic Collections are being published it may take a few more years before they get to Knight Errant. Bear in mind that this is just speculating on my part. If you want to read KE sooner (and I definitely recommend the series, it's great), it may be worth looking up the original Dark Horse TPBs.

Revanfan1 and vong333 like this.
  5. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    They're all available digitally, too.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If they do one, it'd be a single volume.

Would recommend you track down the novel too, if you haven't already.

Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Just do a New Sith Wars series. There's Knight Errant, Jedi vs Sith and at least one Tales story, I believe.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Urk.. They should skip the terrible EA:TOR webcomics. Keep it all JJM.
    Kotor --- Lost tribe of the Sith: Spiral -- Knight Errant.

9. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    That'd be fifteen issues (maybe sixteen if the goodies from the zero issue were thrown in). I have noticed that most Epic Collections (at least the Amazing Spider-Man ones I'm collecting) seem to average more like twenty. Wonder if that means that a Knight Errant Epic Collection would have some extra stuff in it (like other comics that take place around the same time or next on the timeline).

Actually, the novel was my introduction to it.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    This is just random guessing, but I'd say Knight Errant would probably be far down the list of their priorities. Which is too bad, they were near the end of Dark Horse's run, so not much time for them to put it in an omnibus or something like that. Lord Daiman needs more screen time after all.

Actually, i still miss some of the old short stories JJM wrote, no idea if they're still available anywhere. Like there was this one about Kerra shortly before the first Knight Errant comic. Rohlan's comments on Demagol in another short story are great too. And the KE novel is excellent of course, one of my favorites from the old EU.

I could see them combining it with maybe Dawn of the Jedi or some of the other Old Republic stuff (that wasn't KotOR) like the TOR comics (the first was junk, the second and third TOR series weren't bad actually), the Lost Tribe comic. Maybe Jedi vs. Sith, no idea if that was reprinted or not.

Its hard to tell when they'll get to it. They already printed one Infinities Epic collection, which had some of the lower profile stuff, so who knows when they'll get to Knight Errant.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    You might try here.

spicer likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Those were very good.

13. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Jedi vs. Sith seems like the most logical series to include in a Knight Errant collection. I'm not sure what else would even fit, chronology and series wise. Were there any stories from Tales that were in this general era?

Darth_Duck likes this.
  14. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    I've been consulted by their collections researcher in the past but have not heard word on this (including when TOR Vol. 3 would come out). Strictly by the chronology, though, you would think it would the three MMO stories plus Spiral in one book, followed by Knight Errant and Jedi Vs. Sith. As much as I might like having my four post-KOTOR miniseries in one book, being in all five TOR books has some appeal too.

It'd be nice to have them out again -- I bought a portion of Dark Horse's remaining KE stock for my online store, but even that's long since sold out.

jSarek, Jedi Ben, Revanfan1 and 7 others like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just bought the first two volumes of KE off of Amazon to complete the collection, this past week. Love this series. Really want TOTJ to be collected again

Jedi Ben likes this.