main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    I voted for Cassian because I liked the edge of his character and because he was one of the few characters that really showed growth in Rogue One. I also could have voted for Jyn and Orson Krennic too. The rest are all good but I felt like those three were the only ones that got the time and care they needed as characters imho.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Seeing Mon Mothma and Bail again (ROTS actors, yay) was fantastic. Of the R1 crew / new chars, it'd definitely Chirrut. His optimisim really brightened what was galaxy's very dark hour.

Blobofat and TCF-1138 like this.
  3. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Chirrut and K-2S0

Chirrut was just so likeable and optimistic and spiritual that it was hard not to latch onto him. And that scene at the end with "I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me" was probably my favorite moment in the movie.

K-2S0, I like droids. The droid character is kind of the mascot of whatever Star Wars story they are tied to. The OT has 3PO and R2, the ST has BB-8, and R1 has this guy, who is not only funny and charming with his own quirks, but very handy in a tight situation too. This is a character that could have easily gotten annoying too, so good on everyone involved for scaling back and giving us the right level of humor with him.

La Calavera, Sarge and EHT like this.
  4. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I had to vote for Jyn because she was going through so much and in the end it just looked like she wanted to make her dad proud and to hit the Empire hard in a way that her father could not. Yes I know that he built the whole in the Death Star that Luke eventually shot some torpedoes in to blow it up but what she did was damaging to the Empire in that moment and the look on her face when Cassian says to her "Your father would be proud" says it all to me.

Bor Mullet and Blobofat like this.
  5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I went with Chirrut because he is the optimistic heart of the film but, for me, Baze is part of the package. Two of my favourite SW characters. One blind with his mind wide-open and his senses primed; the other cynical but highly protective (with the coolest firearm of the saga to boot).

I love the way the film dealt with their deaths: Chirrut sacrificing himself for the greater good (as so many did) via the force and Baze, channelling his friend's spirit with his chant, following him, as he clearly always has done, on to the next plane.

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I voted for Krennic, but it may be more of a tie between him and Chirrut. They're both great in different ways. Krennic because he has the nerve talk back to the likes of Vader and Tarkin; and Chirrut because he's this uplifting spiritual character, who's also an awesome martial artist.

It's a shame these characters only got one movie to shine.

Blobofat likes this.
  7. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Chirrut for me, but I also loved Baze, Jyn, Raddus and K2. I liked Cassian a lot too. For all the criticism this movie gets on characters, it had a lot that I cared about.

Chirrut gets the top spot because I adored his optimism. His personality was infectious to me. Also, I really appreciated his spirituality in the scenes he was in. It added depth to everything. Finally, on a more meta note, I have always wanted to see martial arts in SW, and they finally delivered and it was awesome. I just want to say, in my canon, Chirrut also used the force in this movie. LF can say what they want, but blind people can’t hear a crystal on string around a neck. I wish they gave this character more newEU content. I would read a novel about him, with Baze supporting of course.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Sarge, Bor Mullet and Togruta like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I’m pretty baffled by the characterization critiques. Jyn and Cassian, in particular, have the most robust and realistic character arcs across all the films, IMO.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The best two characters are leading the poll, which pleases me.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Tal0nkarrde2

Tal0nkarrde2 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    I voted for Jyn, but quite honestly I have a few favorites based on their storyline. Cassian, for example, was a well though out character. His desire to change his path and rewrite his destiny by doing something he wholeheartedly believed in made his character quite special. Chirrut was an awesome character as well - reminded me of the teacher in all of the chop-sockey films I used to watch as a kid. He was the mystic who believed deeply in the Force, even though many around him believed him an old fool. In the end, we all know he is correct in his beliefs, but it is his belief in the living force and his connection to it that makes him such a great fighter, despite being blind and not really having the ability to wield the Force like a Jedi. And K2SO - who doesn't love a killing machine with a sarcastic sense of humor?

La Calavera, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
    I love Chirrut (he is in my top-10 SW characters) and rewatch RO only for him, Cassian and cinematography which is absolutely amazing.

Edit: (How can I change my vote? I just accidentally clicked on another character :mad:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  12. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I seriously love all the characters in this movie. There is not one single character that makes me annoyed at their presence or wonder why he/she is there.

13. My Palpatine Eyes

My Palpatine Eyes Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2018
    What about Tarkin? I loved him in that movie!

14. My Palpatine Eyes

My Palpatine Eyes Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2018
    In all seriousness, this poll was a tough one. I am fond of all of these characters.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    So hard to choose, but to my surprise, Chirrut.

16. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    I went with Chirrut, but I liked all of the Rogue One crew.

I was a bit disappointed with Bodhi, though. Riz is a great actor and they could have done so much more with him.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I love them so much that I bought their figures. And I don't collect anything. Like, at all.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. odin1981

odin1981 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2016
    My top 3 are:

1) Chirrut I really appreciated this character. He had a very calm and soothing nature. I also appreciate Donnie Yen's earlier movies (ip man 1-3 to name a few but he has been in quite a few movies as well as Red Cliff).

2)K-2SO I'm a huge fanboy of firefly and having one of the actors cross over into the star wars universe was great. Also he was quirky but brought great one liners to the movie for comic relief.

3) Baze Unfortunately he didn't get a lot of lines. But the dynamic between him and Chirrut would be great to see for me personally in like a standalone movie. It would be interesting to see who the guardians of the whills where on screen. I know there is a book out but a visual interpretation to me would be easier to see fleshed out.

Sarge likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    In rewatches I'd say:

Cassian, Chirrut and K-2SO. Not much has changed. :)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  20. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I voted for Chirrut. I love the character arc of Baze losing his faith in the Force after the Empire raided the temple, but remaining devoted to his friend Chirrut. It is Chirrut's dedication to the Force in the end that saves him. The previously highly accurate Death Troopers were unable to hit him, even as he slowly walked to the panel. This display was enough to restore Baze's belief in the Force before his own climactic end.

I love Donnie Yen's dialogue delivery. He has some very memorable lines.

“The strongest stars have hearts of kyber.”
    “There is more than one sort of prison, Captain, I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
    “I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.”
    "The force moves darkly around a creature that's about to kill."

It was a hard choice, since Mads Mikkelsen is one of my favorite actors. This could all change too since Cassian Andor is about to get his own series. More quality character development, even if it is from another source, can enhance our perception of a performance.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. K-2S0

K-2S0 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2019
    So long Chirrut for the #1 spot.

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Watching last night I remembered how much I love Bohdi Rook.

His gasp of fear when the sack is put over his head.

His first meeting with Saw. Being accused of being a spy. "And I gave it to them, they did not find it! I gave it to them."

His moral decision to help Galen..
    "He said I could get right by myself.He said I could make it right, if I was brave enough and listened to what was in my heart. Do something about it. Guess it was too late."

I love this guy. So heartfelt.

23. 1claire

1claire Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2019
    Darth Vader is my top favorite in Rogue One.
    From seeing his castle on the same planet where Anakin Skywalker basically became the Sith Lord to his chilling attempt to retrieve the Death Star plans at the end of the movie, his time on screen is used perfectly.

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    1. Jyn Erso (one of the best female characters in all of Star Wars - perhaps 2nd favorite under Ahsoka)
    2. Chirrut (I love everything about him and his lines in the movie)
    3. K2-SO (one of the best droids in the franchise)

I don't like Cassian Andor as a character that much. I haven't figured out if I just don't like the actor, or if it is strictly the character.

Ahsoka's Tano and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Diego Luna is one of the best actors of his generation, so perhaps it’s a character thing for you. I thought he was great, personally.