main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Jan 30, 2017.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh, it's pretty, that's for sure. So are a jillion other movies. Pretty doesn't do it for me anymore.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well good for you.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Display at my local theater.
    [​IMG]

B99, Jedi Daniel and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    When do we think they'll release another trailer? I know we're still a bit off from the release but I'd nearly forgotten this was even happening. It seemed you couldn't go anywhere on the internet without seeing something for TFA and TLJ but with this you wouldn't know it was releasing in a few months. I think a lot of people have probably forgotten about it altogether with Infinity War rapidly approaching.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    They could've released a new one with Ready Player One; I'm sure Spielberg wouldn't have minded. But they only showed the new Deadpool movie, among others.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    And it wasn't even the most recent Deadpool trailer!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That's awesome!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I'm a sucker for displays like that. Would love to have it even though I have no room for something like that.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    So now it's less than 30 days? I still haven't requested time off for "Solo" yet. I mean, it's Star Wars, shouldn't I be excited?

B99 likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Right? Every time I see it pop up in an ad on social media, I think "Oh yeah, I forgot that was coming out." Much as I love Kasdan, I think they grossly overestimated how many people wanted to see his pet project.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Me either.. Dunno why i'm waiting so long..

14. Ruufio

Ruufio Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2016
    Not for me this one. Will wait for the DVD release. Been burnt by the last two movies, didn't think it could get worse after RO.

15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    If Kasdan wasn't involved, I'd have no desire to see Solo. I mean, it looks fun? I'm gonna see it, I just don't know when. Might be the first Star Wars film I miss opening weekend since ROTJ.
    Part of me thinks I'll have that day off, but I'm still putting off asking for the day off until the last minute.

B99 likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Tickets on sale now! For Cineplex in Canada!

andddddd everyone I would go to the show with are asleep now, like it's past midnight or something. BRB going to get a few tix anyway for the sake of my own sanity/good night's sleep.

christophero30 and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    There are a good few tickets available for the first showing at my theater. Number of tickets sold in every other showing can be counted on my fingers. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that presale hype isn't great.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Tickets for opening day are completely sold out in my theater. That didn't happen for any of the other films so at least in my area hype seems to be pretty big.

christophero30 and B99 like this.
  20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Where are you? I can't get comfortable seats in the 7:00 PM showing on Thursday night, but I can have my pick of the litter at 7:30 or 8:00 - to say nothing of the next day. It'd be interesting to know the reason for the disparity.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wow...

22. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Got my tickets for Friday night! It'll be the first 'advance Thursday' I've missed since the Sequel Trilogy started. I guess I blame work for getting in the way of seeing the movie!

christophero30 likes this.
  23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I wasn't that excited for Solo until I saw the last trailer. Now I am. Han has always been my second favorite character after Vader and I guess I didn't want to see them screw it up. I think it will be a fun film. I'm going the Friday morning it opens.

Ridley Solo and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Is it just Vegas that isn't interested in this movie? All these theaters selling out, and I literally just checked, and there are only 11 seats sold in the 8:00 PM showing on Thursday night. Well, if you're interested in going on opening night, can't get tickets, and need a Vegas vacation...

(Green seats are still available)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I haven't checked with my theater to see how many seats have been sold, but they are having a special event beforehand, with the 501st and Rebel Legion showing up in costume. I'll be trooping with them that night, and us costumers get a free ticket, popcorn, and drink! [face_dancing]

TCF-1138 likes this.