main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yyyyyeah it comes from a fan petition. And then Movieweb claims, "An online petition has been launched, which is gaining some buzz. There are some fans that do want to see this happen. But its hard to gauge its authenticity."

No... no, it isn't hard to gauge its authenticity. It's a fan petition. That is all.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He'd turn up, get offed and the new cast response to the news of Lando being dead would be:

[​IMG]
    Ditto for Wedge.

BigAl6ft6, Nobody145 and Gamiel like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    nah there's definitely going to be a timeskip this time so they can all bond with Wedge and Lando off screen (and in comics/videogames/novels) so THEN they can kill them off and go all "NOOOO!!!"

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Lando and Wedge flying through and taking out the second Death Star is one of my all time favorite moments in a Star Wars film.

5. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Yeah the entire Death Star II reactor shaft run is still incredible after all these years.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Even when you know some of how it was done, it still retains the magic too.

jSarek and Nom von Anor like this.
  7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    spoiler news for 9:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars...-reunite-says-john-boyega-about-daisy-ridley/

So... I'm waiting for the climactic scene where Kylo says, "FN-2187, the time has come. Execute Order 66." Finn shoots himself in the head to prevent himself from killing Rey, and Rey pummels Kylo and cuts off his hand.

However, Rey ultimately refuses to kill Kylo and he is taken into custody. At Finn's funeral, Luke appears and tells Rey she has proven herself to be a Jedi Knight.

8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  9. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    :rolleyes:

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not going to bother spoilering this because it's just conjecture:

I would LOVE if Qui-Gon were to show up as a Force ghost. Not just to bridge the series, but his search for a "Chosen One" caused all this to begin with. A conversation with Kylo, who also obsesses over Anakin, would be amazing. It could be like a "ghost of Christmas past" thing, where Qui-Gon shows up to tell Kylo about his history with Anakin. Everyone in SW is always harping on the future and predicting the future to make a better future, and like every other Greek myth their best-laid plans go to the dogs. So imagine Qui-Gon shows up and is like, "Hey, let's look at how we got here" rather than speaking in prophecies and future-geared advice? Then in line with the message of the last film (don't put too much stock in legends -- ie "godly Luke" or "Master Codebreaker"), he leaves Kylo with something like "stop harping on Vader's legend and Snoke's promises of the future - keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs."

This message also sort of works with Rey too -- she's obsessively concerned about her past (so many chalk tic marks...), and later the Legend of Luke. All she sees in the future, with the mirrors, is herself, which she seems terrified of. Qui-Gon coming in and basically being "don't worry about that" could help. Although I have a suspicion Rey already seems to have begun learning this on her own after the last film.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He probably needs to show Luke how to Force ghost anyway.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I remember way back at the very start of Episode 7 rumors in like early 2014, there was one about how a lot of the prequel Jedi would appear as memorial holograms in Luke's new Jedi Temple. Still kind of hope we see that at some point when we finally get something about Luke's attempt to restart the Jedi.

Revanfan1, Nom von Anor and Gamiel like this.
  13. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  14. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    [​IMG]

Dr. Steve Brule and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Having seen Force Awakens, I don't think we're in store for any major of PT era references in Episode IX. there was the clone army and balance of the Force and the Sith references in TFA but that's more stuff that's ingrained in the bedrock of Star Wars so they pretty much had to reference them. Also I don't think we're in store for a Force Ghost jamboree, the only FG who matters the most to Rey is Luke. (and I expect Luke's appearance in the film to be fully Mystery Box'd so prepare for a year and a half of "Is Mark Hamill in Episode IX" stuff. Remember the Mystery Box, kids? It's back! In Luke form!). There could be an Anakin/Kylo moment but Kylo went pretty full bore into "Let the past die, kill it if you have to" so I think in TLJ we see him overcoming his Vader obsession. Smashing the helmet probably helped.

I will admit when Yoda first popped up in TLJ there was a part of me that was hoping that it would have been Anakin instead but Yoda was learning Luke about teaching and learning, Luke needs to talk to his teacher at that point, not his father.

I have a feeling Poe might bite it. JJ's been trying to kill him off since the 1st act of Force Awakens!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Gamiel likes this.
  16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    IGN has a rumor about IX, no idea if its true or not.

So according to them Yoda's Force ghost will be back to mentor Rey. Might as well, not like Luke taught Rey anything in TLJ, and Yoda's Force ghost had to scold Luke back into action (for five minutes before dying). And not sure how enthusiastic Mark Hamill will be for a Force ghost appearance. He's taken back some comments, so its hard to tell how he really feels about Luke in TLJ, but probably not positive. And I think he's on record that its not fun anymore, not with Han Solo dead and now Carrie Fisher dead as well.

Again, this is just IGN relaying from somewhere else, so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but it sure sounds stupid enough for the sequel trilogy.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    same here

Ghost likes this.
  18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Funny that Batman spent most of that movie assuming Bane had some important parentage, but only to find out in the end he was just a nobody from nowhere.

Still think that Dark Knight Rises is unfortunately underrated.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think we need Anakin Skywalker's ghost to talk to Rey or Kylo (or both) in Episode IX. That, more than anything, will make things come full-circle. Particularly if all the ghosts we know of appear together and talk.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I would like to see Anakin too but I'm wary about it becoming a Force Ghost Jamboree. The only Force Ghost that really has to be there is Luke with his final words of "See you around, kid." pretty much necessitates that he has to be seen again.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, in Bruce's defense, the mastermind of Bane's whole plot was the Heir of Ra's Al Ghul, just as he thought. It just wasn't Bane because Bane wasn't the Big Bad. He was the Dragon to Talia's Big Bad who took a page from her father's book about using a front man and leading from the shadows.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, that's you expecting stuff.

This is the ST, no rules, all bets are off!

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Probably gonna get yelled at for this but I actually wouldn't entirely be opposed to recasting Leia. Have heard some seriously solid arguments that the best way to honor Carrie would be to see her most iconic role through to its originally intended conclusion.

25. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    I would rather they just CG her like they did both her and Tarkin in Rogue One. The Family and Carrie already said they are fine with it and it could be really groundbreaking.