main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Psst - Wanna Buy a Death Star?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 7, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Profiles in History is holding an auction on June 6 titled Icons & Legends of Hollywood containing several screen-used Star Wars items. Among them is a model of the Death Star used in ROTJ. You can see more information here on TFN Main along with website details and the location of the auctions (should you happen to be in/near LA on the date).

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    The same auction is also auctioning off Obi-Wans EPIV lightsaber I read as well. Now if I only had an extra couple of hundred grand laying about...

3. SlamSlayer1

SlamSlayer1 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2012
    That lightsaber was removed from auction for being a replica. And a bad, inaccurate replica at that. They've had a number of listings removed for being fake. Don't think I trust that auction at ALL lol. They don't research their items much apparently.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    firesaber likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Probably a good thing I'm not rich or I'd lose my wealth buying stuff like this (and probably end up with a lot of fakes since that's a thing).

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    They're very reliable. They were the firm who parted out Debbie Reynolds massive Hollywood collection. I think we just live in a day and age where people are so good at making replicas it's becoming increasingly difficult to ferret out fakes.