main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's a good article; but to this day I still despise the association of TCW as a "kids show" just because Ahsoka herself was a young character.

3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I have always associated kids shows with having the main character being a kid. Same way it works for books. Obviously Lost Stars is a teen book, but one of the better Star Wars books I have read, ever. I do not think it means beheading people and the likes, it just has to do with the age of the protagonist(s).

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I associate kids shows that don't feature adult themes including over-the-top violence and themes that younger people would simply not understand.

5. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    It doesn't matter that it was a kids show or not, the point is that it was perceived as not being something adults could appreciate and by the time it wrapped it became arguably some of the best star wars storytelling in any medium - written or visual.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I am leaning that way myself. I'm of the theory that it was Ahsoka who began helping Luke in his quest for Jedi Lore, then when it was time to go search for Ezra she introduced him to LST. At least that is my ongoing theory. The Staff she has looks to be a Relic to me, so if she found that while helping Luke that would make the most sense.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    These never get old to me.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and RaptorMusic like this.
  8. RaptorMusic

RaptorMusic Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2018
    I haven't read them, but I heard she was mentioned in Lords of the Sith and Tarkin.

In the first, Vader has a reaction to remembering her which Palpatine notes; in the second, he holds a grudge against Tarkin over what went down in her trial, and that's a factor in Tarkin suspecting who's under the mask.

Vizzy91 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's interesting. I wasn't initially keen on the Tarkin novel; but the notion of a follow-up to the Wrong Jedi trial is intriguing.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I have the Tarkin novel, I just haven't read it as of yet. That is interesting information.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ashley is such an amazing person. I took the train into Manhattan today after work to attend her book signing at a Barnes and Nobel in Tribeca tonight. It was supposed to start at 6pm, but she arrived an hour late; apologizing to everyone as she said she was stuck on an airport tarmac in CA from her last signing. There was a wide range of questions; going from what her favorite ride at Disney is to what her favorite Ahsoka figure is (she said her most prized possession is a specially designed Ahsoka figure given to her at the end of Season 3 of TCW that was signed by the entire cast as her birthday present). In reference to that Ahsoka figure question, she brought up about the Force of Destiny Doll; which has yet to be released. It looks like her guess is as good as ours a far as when it might be released. She didn't give any hints as to if/when Ahsoka will return; but said she'd love not only to continue Ahsoka and Sabine's story (following Rebels' end) but go back and tell the full story of Ahsoka's time from walking out of the Jedi Council up to the point she ascends down from the Bridge on Hera's ship for the first time. I didn't even ask any Ahsoka questions. I just asked her what her favorite Studio Ghibli film is (I'm the admin of a Hayao Miyazaki Fan Club with over 14K members, and every so often Ashley posts about new Ghibli-related clothing from the "Her Universe" line, and I share it in my group. She even dub-voiced a character in a Ghibli film (Only Yesterday), along with Daisy Ridley. As you can see, I gave her my JCF name for the Ahsoka book; I asked her if she knew about the JCF and she said she ventured in it but couldn't take the derogatory remarks about Ahsoka from the beginning. I let her know that Ahsoka has gradually become more accepted in here (I could've told her how she finished second in the Rebels' character contest ;) ). I was kind of surprised at the turnout for the signing. It was mostly the 20-30s crowd; only a few young children. It was probably a few dozen people there.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Can't say that I blame her for not venturing in. I've seen some pretty nasty comments about Ahsoka.

What gets me is when folks enter this thread and does it. Since this is an Ahsoka fan thread you would think they would avoid it.

I've bit my tongue on more than one occasion.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe I should've bit my tongue; but I didn't most of the time and Todd and the other mods could vouch that it got me into trouble in here.

14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    That is a pretty awesome experience :p hoping to meet her in the UK at some point, she likes the British Fans xD. Of course she can't reveal on Ahsoka for obvious reasons but by her general mood most of the time etc, she knows she'll get more out of her in the future. She's s nerd which is what I love most about her tbh, so yeah I'm pretty sure she'll be brought in eventually by Dave again ;)

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    In the final tally, her fans got the best deal. It's been a hell of a 10 year journey, none of the terrible fates gleefully forecasted for her have come true and she's one of the few surviving Lucas-era main characters that hasn't been caricatured into something awful in the new canon. It says a lot for the value of maintaining a single creator with a long term vision. I would not still be a Star Wars fan today if this character hadn't come along when she did.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  16. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    True, the bloodlust of fans didn't get to her and the stories they can tell with her still are great to see.. so many directions.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It was so weird just sitting their listening to Ashley talk in front of me. It was like Ahsoka was right there.

18. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Thing that makes it the best for me, its that she's so into the star wars universe.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But it really isn't just SW. Jeez there was a representative from the Dr. Who franchise in the audience last night; because she has some clothing relating to that as well!

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  20. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  22. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018

I want to see an extended Forces of Destiny where Luke finds a map leading to a mysterious Force user investigating the first Jedi Temple. Flies the Falcon with Chewie and Artoo to Acho-To and finds Ahsoka in her white robe and hood with Morai reincarnated as a Porg perched on her wrist. Luke shows her his lightsaber and Ahsoka tosses it over her shoulder smirking "Hey, Skywalker. Aren't you powerful without this?" Then, Ahsoka, Chewie, Artoo and ghost Yoda spend the next hour reliving old memories from the Clone Wars while Luke wonders why he's always the Last Jedi to know these things. Finally, Ahsoka tosses Luke the robe and hood saying "Take it. I like my old duds better. Oh... and tell your sister... invest in some serious contraceptives. Force vision. Just do it."

And the two start a journey to build a better Jedi Order. Cut to credits reading "The Real Episode 8. By Dave Filoni."

Make it happen, Filoni.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That would make for an interesting episode - I'm with you through the part where she gives him the robe - the last quote is a bit too much lol.

24. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    I don't think they'll miss taking up that story.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    If Ahsoka's white robe turns out to be what Luke is wearing in TLJ I will be very happy.