main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 21, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Who.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    :)

Darth Bane. I find that a 100% Dark Side movie would be so interesting.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The fellow playing first base.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Who.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes that would be interesting, I hope they would use some elements from Legends then like Zannah. But movie-series at the times of the Old Republic times could also tell stories of other sith lords before or at the times of Bane, (and I don't mean Revan now). There is so much Sith that could be used and new ones that could be created at that era- same with jedi. I would like to see something similar to KOTOR or The Old Republic, but in a movie form and with a brand new story and characters instead of remakes of the video games... that is just not a good idea to remake game in a movie form. But the way KOTOR and TOR portrayed sith, jedi, republic, hutt cartel, sith empire, mandalorians and their relationships etc. I'd like to see something along those lines in canon.

darklordoftech and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    The guy on first base.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Who is on first.

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Well, what’re you asking me for?

EDIT: this feels like a good place to stop, or I might have to ban myself for spam :p

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Who is on first.

10. Edrio Two Tubes

Edrio Two Tubes Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2016
    It'll most likely be a completely original character.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Dear admins... please make me a mod again for about an hour or so. I just need to do one thing." :p

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Cad is a descendent of Darth. ;)

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really want a Kotor trilogy with Mallak the villain and expanding on Revans story more. But I want Raven to be a girl because my Revan was a girl.

14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Broom boy

15. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'd like to see a non-FS main villain for once.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Eh... that is hardly a good reason for anyone else to accept that reasoning. There are many players myself included that have played it as male so female Revan feels kinda wrong to me... Especially when in Legends it was established that Revan was male and Exile was female. Revan's gender is not even that important to me, but the fact that someone happened to choose either one is not basis for others to accept the same choice. Besides there is also question if Revan ultimately choose the dark or the light side of the Force.

Since in game you decide about both I think it's more fun if Revan (maybe exile as well) remains such a mysterious character not even Revan's gender is told, nor his affiliation, (a bad guy or a good guy). I hope that in the new canon they would establish that Revan indeed existed, as a jedi and as a sith, and that Revan was important but controversial character in the galactic history, but not tell anything more of that person. I think that would be the greatest tribute for the game and all us who have played it as Revans.

Sure this wouldn't suit to all those people who want that new movies just to fill wookieepedia-pages, but I personally like that idea, since it would allow all sort of fanon-speculations and make almost all of the as valid. I also like the idea of Revanites in The Old Republic, but I didn't much care about Revan's portrayal there. It would have been cooler if the Revan himself wouldn't have beem involved in the power struggle as he was.

IMO It would be great to see Revanites in canon as a faction that denies both the jedi and the sith teachings, but follows teachings of this mysterious Revan, ancient controversial force-user that would always be depicted wearing covering robes and mandalorian mask.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's probably why she said "she wants" Revan to be a girl, and not that everybody else has to accept the same choice...

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Can you do that?

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes. One of us did it on accident in fact. I won't call the person out but...

*cough* @Seagoat *cough*

:p

EHT, Seagoat, Bor Mullet and 2 others like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You guys are so lucky. I WISH I had the power to ban myself. It would really help my productivity at work.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Son of a

Some things you never live down. Some things are better left forgotten. But some things are too charming to subject to such a fate

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Congratulations, Seagoat! For posting without accidentally banning yourself.

Shaak Ti, EHT, vncredleader and 3 others like this.
  23. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    As much as I love KotOR and want to see an Old Republic series of movies, I want them to steer well clear of Revan.
    That said, I would LOVE a Jedi Civil War type story. I don't want a "baddie" - I want two sides who are right in their own way to prevent me from picking who I want to win.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah I think I understood that well enough. I just pointed out that what a certain fan wants may conflict with wants of someone else who has equal claim to want the opposite- and that they cannot really please everybody. My point was not to say that wanting something in itself would be bad or anything- or to say that original post would've been somehow wrong.

PrincessKenobi and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course. And I don’t PK would disagree with you.

PrincessKenobi likes this.