main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ugh I loathe Competitive mode. Takes so long to finish. Dammit I want that gun though so I’m gonna have to deal with it.

Watching videos of gun and it’s good.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd argue that the masterworked Crimson, Vigilance Wing and the new Graviton Lance have nothing to fear from that gun. Hell, even Suros is a beast right now. The new pvp meta is looking quite exotic atm.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Are you playing solo in competitive?

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’ve been a lone wolf since about 1-2 weeks into Dark Below.

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, that's the thing. Playing solo in competitive is usually a recipe for a bad time. You and the other players won't be able to communicate and talk strategy unless an immediate party or group chat is formed. And that's something that rarely happens in matchmaking.That's even more vital now since they removed radar and you may usually be facing well coordinated teams of sweats.

DANNASUK likes this.
  6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I got the Crimson catalyst yesterday. Maybe I ll try it. That weapon was a p.o.s when it came out so I dismantled the one I had for parts.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Hate to be negative, but you really shouldn't be playing competitive without a fire team. No matter how good you are, you cannot influence the match without a team. Plus, if you're playing solo, it will require literally 100s of matches to hit Glory rank 3. Even if you won every game, it takes an 85 win streak to get quickly from 0 - 3 in Glory ranks.

The Marine (pulse rifle) is the reward from Valor Rank 3. It is so damn good; you're better off grinding for that. Took me 27 matches, a 70% win ratio to get from rank 0 - 3 lol Was playing solo, but matchmaking was very, very, very kind to me.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, what @DANNASUK said. And again, there are plenty of good weapons to grind for besides the Reddix Claymore (or whatever it's called).

Crimson definitely received plenty of love. It is a very satisfying gun to use both in pve and pvp. I pretty much call it Red Death Perfected. Prepare to rack up hundreds of headshots though to get it masterworked, since, you'll need to rack up about 250 precision kills with it.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The lost sector on Mercury is the best farm for the Crimson.

I've got to do my tractor cannon at some point - believe it is 500. Still haven't got the Jade Rabbit catalyst to drop (wins in crucible)! even winning 70% of my game, it still didn't drop for me lol D.A.R.C.I is the other one on my radar. Oh, and I need to get my sleeper quest done :(

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I imagine it’d be a sweaty mess for me. I fluctuate between a KD of 1.86 to 1.78. Certainly not top tier but I’d say well above the average player. That said I’m not sure if IB is skill matched.

Maybe I ll get a clan invite when playing so I can temp glide to rank 3.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The Sleeper quest has been a terribly lenghty and annoying pain in the ass. The last step - I think it's the last - is two fold and a massive drag: 1) you have to successfully complete three waves of escalation protocol with the Ikelos gun equipped and 2) open 15 Hapheastus/Rasputin nodes (the floating diamonds spread all over Mars), also with the Ikelos gun equipped. All this to regain the weapon you already had in D1 that, I dunno, that cranky Russian AI **** that you once again saved could've easily reforged for you.

Opening the caches is not really that bad. But trying to successfully complete one wave of EP playing solo can be a drag. Some LFGing might be required.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Competitive is the only SBMM mode.

I get an average 1.5 - 2 KD in Quickplay, but drop to below 0.9 in competitive. And I play solo.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    @JEDI-SOLO

I will also add there is a meta in competitive. You have to run a sub-machine gun and gravatine lance to stand a chance to survive. A guide from someone on Reddit (post implies they got to Glory Rank 3 via solo)

• Took 3 days
    • 12-15 hours each day
    • 2+ KD
    • 4k damage output
    • Between 15 - 30 kills each game.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Crimson melts in PVP. Got the catalyst for it and it maxes out range to pulse rifle level; reminds of me pre-TTK Last Word.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Guess I ll indeed drop the 10 shards and check it out again then. Real life has been infringing on my Destiny time. Haven’t gotten to do a single PvP match yet. Glad it’s not IB time right now.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    **** y’all ain’t joking how much BETTER Crimson is now...!! This gun just sucked when it 1st hit. Now it’s balling in both pve and pvp imo. I destroyed some fellow pathetic excuses for Guardians.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Need 650 points to hit Valor Rank 5 and reset to prestige.

(based on my win ratio, I'm looking at 40 - 50 games)

[edit]

Rank 6 is reset and it's only 200 points.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    You trying for the ghost shell I take it?

I got a number of clan invites yesterday after matches. I wish that there was more info onscreen. I don’t wanna join a 2 member clan.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I am going for it.

My VALOR score is 1,157 and, according to Destiny tracker, I'm in the top 2% (which I find *very* hard to believe)

[edit]

Destiny tracker said "#2" under my VALOR rank, but I cannot be number 2 lol there are people heading towards 2 prestige.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    IB starts next week. The ornaments look so good all around this time imo. I had major issues with S1&2. I think I’m gonna cry with the 100 super kills goal though. Hopefully that goes ok but it’s gonna make curse that much louder if I get shut down by a NS as soon as I pop.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure if I'll bother with IB. Doesn't count towards Valor and I'm grinding for prestige (rest rank) at the moment - going to be playing at least 50 games to get it. Plus, to get the exotic ghost, I have to reset twice. That's about 200 games in total.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Due to the Royal Wedding, didn't get to grind out any PVP matches today. Will probably hit it pretty hard tomorrow.

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Atleast your playing now and have a goal to reach unlike where we were at last month. I may get next dlc now.

I’m pretty pissed off as of this post. The game screwed me out of the chance to add to my streak. It put me at the end of a mercy win a second after I joined match... ugh that was stupid! Much cursing did I just spit at my innocent tv screen.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I always want a reason to play PVP in any game.

A rank system helps because, for once, the numbers actually mean something in Destiny. Still not going to bother with the next DLC; lost interest in the game being MMO like. I honestly think Bungie should've stuck to their guns and turned Destiny 2 into a pure FPS at this point. Way too late into the game to reintroduce a grind when the majority of your player base are not use to it and anti-RNG complaints are starting to prop back up.

See the Redrix Claymore posts on Bungie's forums and Reddit.

September is going to be brutal.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's a shame Destiny tracker don't release the active player numbers because it seems XBOX PVP has dropped off a cliff.

Hardly got any games in over the weekend; gave up because matchmaking was taking so damn long. Even Mars patrol is dead.