main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Celebration Chicago – April 11-15, 2019

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PymParticles , May 16, 2018.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Well, we finally have official confirmation: the next Star Wars Celebration will be held in Chicago next year from April 11-15. Tickets will be go on sale June 5 for anyone who's interested in going. The link to the announcement on the official website is below.

Oh, and this all but confirms we'll see our first teaser for Episode IX on April 11 or 12, depending on which day hosts the film's panel. Start your countdown calendars.... NOW.

[​IMG]

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-...hicago-and-the-star-wars-show-has-the-details

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going. I haven't asked my wife yet... but I'm going! :p

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Will see the first footage of IX then.

Can't wait!

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, at least we know when we'll be getting our first Episode 9 trailer.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Of course, that's a no brainer. I can imagine the fans there rioting if they didn't get a teaser.

Also, I don't plan on attending but for those who are I'd recommend you start booking hotel reservations ASAP.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Unless JJ decides to drop the teaser on Thanksgiving again... :p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m there. I’ve already looked at plane tickets and my work schedule. I haven’t looked at hotels though and have no idea where McCormick Place is—is it closer to O’Hare or Midway and is it a hotel or a convention center?

kylosympathizer likes this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I doubt he'll be feeling as charitable this time around, but I could see us getting the title around that time of the year again. Or early 2019. It really just depends on how long filming takes and when it wraps, as I think we're liable to get the title alongside the announcement that shooting is finished.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I live in Chicago. McCormick is closer to Midway but it's not like O'Hare is really far and you have more options with O'Hare. McCormick is south of the loop and is a convention center. There is a hotel connected (hyatt regency). If you are going to look into airbnbs, look at south loop neighborhood.

Hotels other than the one at McCormick (might be a couple others) - I would look at South Loop, Loop near Michigan Ave/State St/Millennium Park/Grant Park or Printers Row.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks! I can get a flight into Midway on Southwest or a couple of other airlines going into O’Hare; that’s the main thing I was looking at, plus a hotel within enough proximity to McCormick that I won’t have to drive in.

Knessa84 likes this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Taking the train to Celebration.

12. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think we can all agree that this is where the first IX trailer will premiere

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I would go but I live in Australia. I'll go there one day. It's still fun livestreaming it and watching videos though.

14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I'll be there. Just a few hours up the road!

Since everybody hates Star Wars now, it should be asy to get a hotel room and VIP passes, right?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    O'Hare is more by Rosemont, Illinois which is about 20 minutes North of Chicago. Rosemont is where the Walker Stalker Con was that I went to this past April.
    Yeah I live in Michigan and since this is a bucket list item for me, I am definitely going.

For me, since Chicago has a place that holds a lot of Native American records for Tribes here in Michigan I may spend a week there. I'm thinking about using the Amtrak services. And likewise haven't figured out lodging as of yet.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm tempted.

17. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    argh. I said I wouldn't go but since the hotels can be cancelled without cost up until March of next year, and since there's no harm in getting tickets just in case I change my mind... I'm sort of set.

18. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I so want to go. I haven't been since celebration III and celebration IV. Far too long........

I hope they show TFA and TLJ

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This can only mean one thing: In Ep. 9 Ghost Luke will one-up his TLJ milking scene by chomping into a big ol' slice of Chicago style deep dish pizza.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wonder if KK and team will be passing out Portillo's Italian beefs to the fans waiting in line overnight!! :p

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Would be fun if Hamill gives free green milk to the people waiting at the entrance.

22. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Went last year and had a blast. I was hoping Celebration next year would be hosted in Florida again or Anaheim to coincide with Star Wars Land, but Chicago is a cool new location.

I would like to go again, and while the focus will be on 9, it is also going to be the 20th anniversary of TPM. Which means I hope they do bring in guests from that movie to do some panels and possibly photo ops. I pretty much met who I wanted to meet that was available last time. The ST cast is off limits until they finish 9 (contract agreements). If Ewan is doing Obi Wan again, he may not be able to attend. I also expect the Solo cast to be in attendance.

One thing though is that to get a fully enjoyable experience, you need the VIP tickets. Waiting in line for hours every where and having people snag all of the good exclusives before you even walk in the door was so annoying. If I can snag a VIP ticket, I'll deff go. If not I may still go but it also depends what I have going on the rest of this year leading into next year.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I need to look into VIP tickets. I never want to do that long opening line, or get up at half-past-dark to snag a wristband for a panel that doesn’t happen until 4 pm, ever again.

Or miss a good panel at 4 pm because I refuse to get up at half past dark...

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm very interested in how the whole getting into panels is going to work this year because they mentioned they are changing the process this year on the site or on a facebook post.

25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I’m tempted too. Chicago is far more doable for me than LA or Florida.