main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who do you want to show up in Resistance?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 6, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    IMO the resurrection of Boba Fett in a post-ROTJ setting would be more fanservice than bringing back Maul was in TCW.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I disagree, but I'm sure people would cheer for it either way. Imagine a trailer for Resistance with Boba Fett making a post ROTJ cameo. People would lose their minds.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    "If I could turn back time......." - Cher

4. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Ransolm Casterfo
    Norra Wexley
    Sinjir Rath Velus
    Wedge Antilles
    Temmin 'Snap' Wexley
    Supreme Leader Snoke
    Leia Organa
    Boba Fett
    Hera Syndulla
    Jacen Syndulla
    Garazeb Orellios
    Alexsandr Kallus
    Brendol Hux (assuming he's still alive)
    Armitage Hux
    Lando Calrissian

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    IMO Ahsoka being saved by a time jump was more fanservice than anything can ever be anymore. Her case proved that if character doesn't die on-screen it can be alive.

Boba Fett was just swallowed whole (and in armor- remember how clone armor or stormtrooper helmet protects them in freaking space)- it is like SW-version of Jonah and the whale.

As much as I liked TLJ- Leia-scene in TLJ was pretty ridiculous, but it also proved that anyone in SW may survive from anything if writer just wants it so. Bringing Boba Fett back wouldn't even be reviving a dead character- since Boba Fett doesn't die on-screen. Even those characters that appear to actually die on-screen (Maul, Leia) may survive, so why Boba Fett needs to be dead so badly is just beyond me. Sure there are some that simply cannot be revived: Jango Fett, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Grievous, Shmi Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker and Palpatine (who survives in legends). Reviving any of those would ruin the story and be completely unbelievable even in Star Wars.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Vialco and revan772 like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You're right. That's you're opinion.

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Not that Boba Fett has any real reason to be in the Resistance. I was very surprised that he was not at all in Rebels, would've suited there well.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if we're sticking with opinions now, I think the Ghost Crew; especially Ezra and Kanan, wouldn't have had too difficult a time taking on a Bounty Hunter like Fett as opposed to the Inquisitors.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well in my opinion....
    I think that Boba Fett would've easily kicked their asses- he is supposedly even better than Cad Bane who captured and killed jedi master Bolla Ropal, made fun of Ahsoka, escaped from Mace Windu, Quinlan and Obi-Wan etc. Grand Inquisitor was the only somewhat competitive, rest of the inqs seemed to be very useless with very limited force abilities and completely lacking in both skill and brains.

I honestly have completely different opinion what force-sensitivity means in SW- you seem to think that it always means the most and that only force-sensitives can match force-sensitives. It is many times seen in the canon that it doesn't go that way- sure force-sensitives have vantage, but it is not the only thing that matters as you seem to imply.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Vialco and revan772 like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if he made fun of Ahsoka, he must be pretty powerful then.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Personally I'd love to see captain Sidon Ithano and his crew. They were great in the short story and I'd also like t know where did he get his mask.

Oh, and I'm also curious about Jacen, Zeb and Kallus.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The comics have already confirmed that during this time period they still used X-wings.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Eh...:rolleyes:... you know... I meant that he defeated her so easily that he was even able to make fun of her - he took her padawan braid as trophy, you know in Cargo of Doom. Ahsoka totally felt for his trap and was overpowered by this non-force-sensitive bounty hunter. If Boba was supposed to be even better- imagine how he would treat Ezra:boba:+:ezra:=[face_skull]

I don't get it how TLJ could possibly even ruin this series? It's not like Holiday Special or Phantom Menace could ruin it either. No matter how bad you think tlj is, it is not like this series only exists as expansion to it. It is supposed to be it's own story anyway. Surely it needs to lead to the events of TFA that leads to the events of TLJ- so I don't get it how TLJ could possibly ruin anything in the Resistance.

Ummm... Resistance is not even supposed to act all secret at this era- they didn't act secret in TFA- it is open defiance of the First Order- you know- sure their base is supposedly secret, many of their supporters are secret, their undercover agents are secret, but not their agenda- they are the Resistance!

I agree that Kazuda, who has "a secret mission" cannot really use X-wing during that mission, if it would blow his cover. (if he poses as tie pilot surely he needs tie fighter as well etc.)But that doesn't mean that everyone else needs to act in secrecy in the show and that they cannot show us any battles between the Resistance and the First Order. I would be very surprised if they wouldn't show any battles. I think that Kazuda's mission may be the one that starts the conflict between the Resistance and the First Order that is already started in TFA.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Hopeless and revan772 like this.
  14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Cad Bane would be awesome, especially if he is old by now. Probably would not be as great during this time though.

Also, Cad Bane did defeat Ahsoka, so he could easily defeat Kanan or Ezra... and since Boba Fett is better then him he would definitely do it too.

I bet Boba Fett is alive, I just am excited to see whatever is revealed about him post ROTJ, be it here or his own movie or book or comic, or even game. :)

podjazd likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I still don't buy the Boba being alive bit; but whatever.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He survived the sarlaac in Legends. Twice. So far his armor has shown up separately in Aftermath, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's dead.

podjazd likes this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think Fett is better than Cad Bane, nothing in the Maul comic or even TCW hinted at that - unless Cad is dying from some ailment or wound or cancer or some other old age crap.

Fett's abilities are in his survival gear and experience & his predicament is not same as Maul's who suffered a fatal wound and fell down shalf. Fett had specialized gear, he was gulped down rather than outright chewed(like say by Jaws the shark) so if he repairs his rocket and uses gadgets he could possibly survive, plus the other victims may of bought him some time and Fett could've been saved by a close comrade or some rescue party. I think the Sarlacc would've also been wounded and even swallowed debris from Jabba's ship which could've also worked for Fett's escape or survival.

Maul completely clearly cheated death, he's a powerful Sith Lord, his Sith training, survival , combat and (Dark)Force abilities and even his ancestry includes the Great Mother Talzin who is extremely old not even living by the time of TCW, just places Maul in a whole other league compared to Fett or any standard Force stock characters. Nothing about Maul is ordinary even for a Force wielder character.

Quite a few of the Jedi arent even dead as in gone forever, such as Yoda, Kenobi, and Jinn. Not even the Mortis family seem to be truly gone either. Luke is a possible Force ghost candidate . Maul was able to be seen and felt by Leia on Naboo, so his Dark Side power is quite alive and well post ROTJ - cause he's part of the cosmic Force . And we know there are ways for those who have passed to still guide or influence the living. Luke also tells Leia that, "No one's ever really gone". Moreover Sith artifacts are able to corrupt and empower even non-Force sensitives . Sith are able to bind their essence and consciousness to objects. And the Acolytes of the Beyond have beliefs that fallen Sith are in fact still alive in the cosmic Force. And we know Dark Side spirits can drain the lifeforce of beings and reform their former physical bodies. Its Star Wars.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba's good, but the Ghost Crew is a tough unit to crack. It would've been interesting to say the least. But, I don't count it as a missed oppurtunity. Rebels already made the Galaxy a smaller place by introducing the likes of Lando, Rex and Hondo. Yoda is a space wizard so I don't count him. Ahsoka I could accept because they absolutely had to continue her story following the cancellation of TCW.
    Also, remember that it was Vader who called in the bounty hunters in ESB because he needed to get to Luke before the Emperor did. The Empire didn't believe they needed those scum.
    Resistance would be a good place for Boba to pop up and be given a better legacy. He was hyped up in legends to be the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter and a Mandalorian ruler, but he went out like a schmuck in canon. Maybe that was what George Lucas intended. Outlaws don't typically get the best endings. There's no way he measured up to the feats of Cad Bane. But Lucasfilm has a chance to continue the character, and if they do, it will be an interesting part of the new canon.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It would still make way more sense then Maul surviving.

20. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And quite possibly may have helped them provided he wasn't hunting them given Sabine's a fan!

21. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Oh, I forgot to mentrion Shriv from "Battlefront II'. Say what you want about the game, but this dude was awesome.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Shriv is love, Shriv is life.

podjazd likes this.
  23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Why not turn THAT into a new Star Wars TV Series?!!
    Seriously that is incredible!

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Depending on the timeline, if he could be with Iden or Zay I'd be down for that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know people **** on that game for days, but I actually enjoyed the campaign

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.