main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Celebration 2019 Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think it will be three weeks. They usually go up pretty quick. I think they could be up next week or even the end of this week. Certainly before tickets go on sale.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Hm. My hotel confirmation from last Orlando was on May 22 2016, and show tickets went on sale May 25 2016. I know I got my show pass the day they went on sale, but don't know if I also booked my hotel as soon as those went live. Does anyone know when Orlando hotels went up?

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Same day as the announcement.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I got South Loop as well (said it was the last double room when I booked this morning). Hopefully I'll be able to get cheaper or closer through OnPeak but at least I have somewhere within walking distance locked in.

5. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Celebration already posted on FB that hotels wont go up until tickets are on sale. Two hotels.

6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Booked at the Hyatt for $318 a night. Literally the first thing I did when the announcement dropped. I’m splitting with 3 people so basically $100 a night per person so we are happy

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That's crazy. That means there is going to be a mad rush for them when the open. Because if you look at the map, there's nothing else other than a couple of hotels close by. After that there are no more hotels for a good distance in any direction.

I missed out on the Hyatt while I was getting it all figured out and was hesitant because of that price per night. But I'm good with it because I got the South Loop Hotel for $220 a night (with a AAA discount) and it's still really close by. I'm still hoping to get something from OnPeak though.

Padme501st likes this.
  8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I called the Hyatt t last night and they said the days I gave them were taken, then they said the rooms had been taken up in a block for the dates of the 11-15th of April. I would plan to stay from the 10th -15th, 1 day before, 1 day after. I guess we''ll have to wait until June 5th for details.

9. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    You could book a room for the 10th and 16th now and then book the rest of the dates when it opens? Even if you have to switch rooms or cancel might be worth it.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Worth mentioning, though I'm sure it's just a typo, if you look at the site to sign up for the email alert, it has the dates as 12-Apr through 15-Apr.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I noticed that too, but they confirmed the dates on Twitter.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Probably just a typo.

13. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    It will be interesting to see the room block pricing when they release the info. Most events are cheaper that way, but with this crowd, good luck getting a room.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Think they must have edited their reply. I was just looking through the comments and they say 2 connecting hotels and plenty of others :)

15. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    What is OnPeak?

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The company that handles the hotel blocks for Celebration.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's the third party system/website that ReedPop uses for hotel bookings through the Celebration website.

18. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    So not an app or anything that can be used now to get rooms booked?

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    No. You can sign up to be notified when rooms go live, but that's it for now. Apparently they'll go up when tickets do.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @star_wars_is_good:

I'm more concerned with getting a connected room when they go live than I am about getting a VIP pass.

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Hopefully they'll stagger them a little (even if it's only 5 minutes or so).

Otherwise VIP first priority then a closer room.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Same.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Eh...I just think the chances of actually getting one are already so slim, I would hate to focus on that and then miss out on getting a connected room. I think if I had VIP and didn't do the overnights I'd just feel like I was missing out, so I really don't mind lining up.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I would probably still head out to at least one overnight if I got VIP. Might not stay all the way through (or at least nip out for a couple of hours sleep when they start preparing to wristband) but would definitely want that fan experience.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002