main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    CIS Droid and darkspine10 like this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    OK, IN ORDER

All of it. But as for highlightssssssssssssssssssssssss....

Coruscant chase, Naboo picnic, Obi-Wan vs. Jango, both on foot and over Geonosis, like alllll of the last third

First place right now

Hell yes. Dem neckboiz and neckgirlz

Yeah, but her true form's freaky as hell

Considering how limited it was, since JW was busy at the time, it's great. Wish that that guitar solo had been kept in

Hell yeah

Hmm. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Maybe the sassy one with the sarcastic reply. You know the one

ROTS, easily. I mean, they're badass for sure in TPM and kinda just there in AOTC. But I like the funnier ones with the squeaky voices most

Lol actually, I was aware of Grievous beforehand thanks to the 2D Clone Wars. Was a bit disappointed my fanfic idea of him having an infinite number of arms wasn't coming to fruition (I was frigging 7) but he's still a badass design

You know, despite my love for creepypasta, I don't really watch horror movies. Among the many creepypastas I've read, though - most of which are complete ****, there was one in particular that wasn't going for conventionally scary so much as more like a thriller. It was some guy who called a hit on himself and went on a days-long competition of him trying to survive and kill the hitman just for fun. I also really like the creepypastas that are specific enough to give you a concrete image but vague enough such that the excluded details make it more horrifying. Though I admit, I have a bit of a soft spot for the crappiest of pastas like Jeff the Killer and Homicidal Liu

And back to droids lol. Bronx accent, that's all. Really weird decision

3. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Interesting, regarding the horror question, have you read any of Junji ito's work? I adore it, very detailed and very creepy.

And man, i really agree with your last answer, truly a great droid and villain.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @Seagoat was a great first interview, but it’s time to welcome our second interviewee! @darkspine10 [face_party]

[​IMG]

1.) How did you find the Jedi Council Forum?
    2.) Seeing as yesterday was AOTC’s 16th what was your favorite scene in that moment?
    3.) What is your favorite Star Wars movie?
    4.) who is your favorite Star Wars character?
    5.) Are you excited for Solo a Star Wars story and if so what made you excited for it?

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    1.) How did you find the Jedi Council Forum?

I found The Force.net first of all. In the run-up to TFA, they started running new articles about it, so I started reading them. Eventually, I noticed the forums tab on the sidebar. I'd lurked in a Myst forum before, but never posted anything. So at first, I was a JCF lurker too. The first thread I entered was some hardcore EU discussion (NJO era I think), and it was totally impenetrable. I still enjoyed reading it, if that makes any sense.

After a short time lurking, I found the Clone Wars music thread. This lead me to Kevin Kiner's website, and the wealth of TCW music he'd posted. Then the Clone Wars soundtrack album was released. It's strange to think that if that cd hadn't been released when it was I'd have never become a regular here. People in the thread were trying to sort the tracks, figure out where they played in the series. And for some of the tracks, I knew.

It was almost primal then, I had to spread the information, the thread had to know where these tracks played. So I signed up, posted a big long list, and sat back contentedly. Except I figured out where another track played, so hastily posted again to add that info.

I was then told off by mod for double posting. :p But they welcomed me anyway, and from that day on I visited the JCF. I never visit poor old Force.net anymore though.

Edit: Just tracked down the old music thread, and it turns out that the very first person to welcome me to the boards after Todd the Jedi modded me was you @Jedi Knight Fett! Thanks for welcoming me all those years ago. [:D]

2.) Seeing as yesterday was AOTC’s 16th what was your favorite scene in that moment?

My fave AOTC scene is probably the Battle of Geonosis, from when the Clones arrive in the gunships. It's an incredibly visually impressive battle, with such a remarkable sense of scale and pacing.

3.) What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

I usually say TPM these days, but it does sometimes waver with AOTC. Both have such gorgeous aesthetics, and thinking about certain aspects always makes me happy (especially the music, AOTC has some really soothing tracks [generally relating to the love scenes] and TPM has the best structure and overall enjoyable score).

4.) who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Anakin is probably the most complex, but I'm also incredibly fond of Ahsoka. Seeing her growth from TCW to the end of Rebels was incredible, and I really hope she gets to the be the lead with Sabine in a series where they hunt down Ezra and Thrawn. That's just about the only SW project that would really excite me.

Maul is probably my favourite SW villain, mainly for all the backstory and depth TCW gave him. Also visually he's great, all the spikes and tattoos, and bright red skin and yellow eyes.

As for minor characters, I'm gonna echo Seagoat and say Rum Sleg as well. That skeleton astronaut is GOAT.

5.) Are you excited for Solo a Star Wars story and if so what made you excited for it?

I'm sort of meh on the concept, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be enjoyable enough. Anything that's not Han and Chewie interests me basically ;) Woody Harrelson was great as Haymitch in The Hunger Games, so there's at least one solid actor I know in it. And I hear there's a major PT character cameo or something, so that'll be cool.

Will probably watch it at the end of the month.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    What's the procedure here, @Jedi Knight Fett ...do we need to wait a certain amount of time for more questions for the current interviewee from you or can we chime in with our own at any time?:)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You can chime in at any time with questions.

Pensivia likes this.
  8. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Ok :cool:, thanks!

@darkspine10 :

If you could take a first-time visitor to the UK to any two or three places to sightsee (natural and/or historical/cultural/man-made), where would you want to take them and why?

Valency Jane and darkspine10 like this.
  9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    First place would be Avebury. The stone circles are much better than anything at Stonehenge (and the closest you can get to that is from the motorway). There's a quaint English village with a fine pub, a man-made earthen mound, a burial chamber in a Long Barrow, and ancient stones everywhere. There's a museum in an old barn, that details the history of the area.

There's a National Trust manor (try the tea room, does great cakes ;)), and unlike most manor houses in Britain, each room in the manor at Avebury was specifically renovated to replicate a specific time period, and has lots of interactivity. For example, a Tudor bedroom with some dressup, and you can lie in the bed. Or a 30's games room, with a playable pool table. There's also some really nice formal gardens.

Overall, it's great for walks, has a really fun manor to explore, lots of neolithic sites, and best of all, it's 10 minutes from my house by car. :p I gave @Subtext Mining a recommended walk route a few months ago, and he had a great time on his visit.

Now, other places... other places... hm [face_thinking]

There's Dyrham park, solid manor house, large landscape gardens, herds of deer walking about. Derbyshire, specifically around Bakewell, has some really great walks, if you're into pretty gruelling treks. Bath is a really lovely city, very reminiscent of an Italian renaissance city.

10. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    @darkspine10

Nice! I looked up Avebury, Dyrham Park, and "Derbyshire-Bakewell walks." (I've been to Bath and really enjoyed it!). All very interesting-looking sites.

The "interactivity" of the Avebury manor house sounds fun...I think I would quite like playing "Tudor dress up"(paging @Valency Jane ...more talk of clothes/costumes today!:p) and trying 30s period games, etc. Also the pics of Dryham spotted deer herds I saw were very cute[face_love]

Thanks for those answers. I have another question but since the interview period runs for two weeks, I'll give someone a chance to ask something before I post another one. "Cheers!":D

11. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    I have picturrrrres....

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    ^ @Pensivia, you're after International experiences right, for your new thread? :)

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    MY QUESTION IS

Darskpine10?

14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Well, I'm always going to be interested in such topics:)...but, actually, I'm closing the FFC thread (my current temporary colors were given to me by FFC mod Skiara as a thank-you for my time hosting two versions of the thread since 2016).

Unfortunately, there's just not enough traffic in that forum to need/support a "hosted" thread.

However, when Skiara locks the current one, I am planning on setting up a third regular (i.e., non-"hosted") version there. I'm sure it will mainly gather dust, but who knows, if someone wanders by and wants to post in it, it'll be there.

B3, darkspine10 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    @darkspine10

Do you play any musical instruments?
    Do you sing?
    Did you take music classes in school?
    Choir?

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It brings me joy whenever someone asks a question.

I’ll get our my next round of questions tomorrow

17. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I know just what you mean--I always felt that way when someone would contribute to my FFC threads:p

B3 likes this.
  18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Assume you're asking the origin of my username?

Well, first of all it comes from the Darsk Pine, a variety of Dutch Pine tree found only in... Oh wait... that typo was fixed.

Seriously though, it's a reference to the Sonic the Hedgehog game on the Wii, Sonic and the Secret Rings. At the end of the game, Sonic uses the power of 4 of the 7 World Rings to transform in Darkspine Sonic, a rather aggressive super form, with no mouth:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Something about the change in personality, the lack of pupils, and the purple colour, all really appealed to me. Plus I just like the arrangement of words, Dark Spine, feels kinda unique to me, and the first 2 letters also match the first of my name IRL, which was icing on the cake. (Also, good luck finding any other in-game images of him, he's only in those 2 scenes, and 1 playable level. I suppose the fleeting nature added to my interest a bit.)

Oh, and the 10? A completely random number, just thought it looked nice and round. ;)

Musical instrument: No. We were given Recorders to play in primary school, and I sucked. Can't play anything else sadly.

Singing: I like to sing. My Mum always says we're the only two in our family who can hold a note and properly sing. I'm pretty much always humming when I listen to music, which annoys people no end. :p

As for Choir, I've never done it, though one of my Aunts does, along with one of her kids who plays the Organ for their church.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh wow, just found this.....great idea John Fett Kennedy!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Love that this is still going strong.

@darkspine10

Your next round of questions

6.) If you could make a spinoff Star Wars movie what would it be about?
    7.) Do you prefer DC or Marvel when it comes to the movies?
    8.) what has been your favorite thing on the JCF?
    9.) Do you prefer Legends or the new Canon?
    10.) Why Do you think the PT is more liked then when it first came out?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    6.) If you could make a spinoff Star Wars movie what would it be about?

Obi-Wan movie would be cool I guess, though there's already the Kenobi novel and that's fine. Some kind of long-form Ahsoka movie, covering episodes across her entire life would be awesome.

Honestly, the easiest thing for Disney to do would be to produce the unfinished eps of TCW, and release an arc a year direct to dvd.

7.) Do you prefer DC or Marvel when it comes to the movies?

Have only seen 1 DC movie (The Dark Knight), which I wasn't a big fan of, and have seen 3 Marvel movies (Iron Man 1 and 2, and Spiderman Homecoming), the first two were fun, and Homecoming was really funny. So I guess Marvel wins by default?

8.) what has been your favorite thing on the JCF?

The PT social thread, RYL has such a warm, fun atmosphere, and something's always happening there. To go more specifically, there was that time the thread planned multiple seasons of an RYL sitcom, that was fun. Seagoat reading that fanfic was very memorable. Making Christmas hats and banners every year is also really nice.

9.) Do you prefer Legends or the new Canon?

Neither. I contend that everyone has their own canon, picking and choosing what they like to be in it. For instance, my canon for SW consists of the PT, OT, TCW, Rebels, the Force Unleashed, Republic Commando, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Rogue One, Darth Plagueis, probably some more stuff too. Basically if I enjoy it, I consider it canon, contradictions be damned. It's all fiction anyway, so it all counts just as much.

I often wish more franchises treated their canon and lore like Doctor Who or the Elder Scrolls, where no one really cares if two parts fit together perfectly.

10.) Why Do you think the PT is more liked then when it first came out?

Probably just because people who grew up enjoying the PT got old enough to come out and defend it. The fact that they're no longer the be all and end all of SW probably helps too, with the ST and infinite Anthologies coming out, people may re-evaluate the earlier work. It will probably stand alongside the OT separate from later works, primarily because Lucas himself created both, but also because it was unique in that it was the first SW for 16 years, then there was another 10 years before more movies. Having that isolation makes them stand out more. The ST will be drowned out by the constant stream of SW for years to come.

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    The only gold I've ever played in Mini-Golf (or Crazy-Golf of Putt Putt as I think Americans call it), so I have no idea. I do know I suck at golf, my hand-eye co-ordination is pretty poor, but it's fun enough for a day out with friends or family. :p

24. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    @darkspine10, are you especially interested in megaliths and Neolithic sites in general? There are a zillion reasons why I'd like to visit the British Isles, but a stone circle roadtrip would definitely be at the top of my list.

25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Anyone got anymore questions? :)

Edit: Oh, nevermind, B3 is here to save the day

Last edited: May 22, 2018