main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 30: Traps and Tribulations Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 3, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Luke and Leia help a pair of Ewoks by resetting their traps to stop a rampaging Gorax.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    "So wait, you're telling me you used this to cut off our father's hand? What the heck, Luke?"

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Kneesaa! Definitely one of my favourite Ewoks. Hopefully we get some more Ewok content, but I am really enjoying them in FoD. :) (The doll was not cancelled right?)

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I wonder who voiced her, kinda sounded like Tara Strong.

6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    This is easily my favorite episode yet. Mark, Leia with a lightsaber, the Gorax, and Wicket & Kneesaa! This episode is a fanmade dream.

7. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I liked this one. Still...

I know the true answer is "because its a kids cartoon and it would be too violent" but, c'mon Luke, instead of running around and jumping on the monster for the convoluted and insufficient purpose of knocking it into a mud puddle, why didn't you stab it in the face with your lightsaber? Do you want it to continue to go around eating your teddy bear allies? I mean, Obi-Wan didn't hesitate to kill the Acklay. The Ewoks killed a bunch of your long time enemies for you, why not return the favor?

8. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    I liked this Luke. He did not kill his opponent when there was a way not to. Idk, it may have seemed kiddy, sure, but I enjoyed this portrayal of Luke. Also this is the only post ROTJ scene we have gotten with Luke and Leia, right? Outside of TLJ of course.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is, without a doubt, my favorite FoD episode so far. I mean, Luke (voiced by Mark Hamill), Leia (with a lightsaber), Wicket and Kneesaa, and a Gorax! :eek:
    I'm a huge Ewok fan (both the creatures themselves, but also the movies and the cartoon), so seeing such big elements from those stories re-canonized was amazing. I couldn't stop smiling throughout the episode.

B3, Voltron64, Iron_lord and 2 others like this.
  10. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Loved this episode and it's definitely a favorite of mine. Anything that teams up Luke and Leia post-ROTJ is great...I only wish there would have been a little more interaction between the two. Very much enjoyed them interacting some of the old Ewoks-related stuff too.

11. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I just watched this. Holy cow. Never ever thought I'd see Luke and Leia go up against a Gorax. This could be one of my favorite things in all the new canon.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke played too much a second fiddle in Leia and had less dialogue. Force saber instead they have him toss it to Leia. Was nice to see the Gorax again, but they should really canonize the Ewok adventures.

LawgSkrak likes this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They really shouldn't ;)

There are some fun concepts and ideas in the Ewok movies, but overall they should only be used to get some ideas and inspiration like they did in the FOD episodes.

And lets not speak about the animated Ewok Adventures. Especially season 2...

14. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    Those are some of my favourite shows of all time, and I especially love them as Star Wars series. (Ewok and Droids, though I highly prefer Ewoks) I will campaign for them to at the very least have full releases of these shows, but I would love to have them recanonized. Same with the movies. Mace and Cindel, and Teek, are all wonderful.

TCF-1138 and Mother_Talzin like this.
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    How does Leia understand Ewok language now?

[face_not_talking]

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    3PO giving the whole team a crash course in it, since he knows he can't be everywhere at once?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The Gorax is canon, along with characters like Kneesaa, so the Ewoks cartoon and Ewok movies could have happened in canon without impacting any other media. Do we need an official confirmation? I don't. I would like to see both Droids & Ewoks finally released on disc though.

revan772 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A great episode with callbacks to the Ewoks of legends which is always nice. Also always good to see Leia use a lightsaber even if it was for a second or so.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just getting caught up with these - and this one was great. The Gorax and Kneesaa really made me smile, the Ewok movies/cartoons were a big part of my childhood, this made me happy :)

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The voice actress for Kneesaa is the same one from Ewoks. That’s pretty darn cool.

cubman987 likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That I hadn't heard before. Interesting.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Do you have a source for that? According to both Wookieepedia and IMDb, Shelby Young voices Kneesaa in FoD, while Cree Summer voiced her in Ewoks.

23. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I need Ewoks, Droids and the Ewok movies on bluray!!! WHY hasn't this happened yet??? Seriously.