main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Battlefield 5: Battlefield 1 [Coming in October]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 26, 2016.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  2. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I'd prefer not even the tank... but fixed arty would be really nice. Especially if the arty were like from from BF2, controlled by a commander type or even by manual interaction of hitting "E" or something near the guns to trigger a salvo.

Scapro Tyler likes this.
  3. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    That would be nice for sure!

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    There are some other great channels as well, like The Great War, which basically follows everything that happened exactly 100 years ago, with weekly updates plus lots of extra episodes. Right now they have added a review of the game-trailer: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar/videos
    They also connect with quite a few other youtubers who deal with parts of this, e.g. the guy from Forgotten Weapons or Othais when it comes to WW1 weaponry and equipment.

5. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The early gameplay footage of Battlefield 1 is very impressive. I can't wait to get it.

6. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    My one concern is that most people will choose automatic weapons. I'd like to see a sort of class-cap system like there is in America's Army and Insurgency, where there can be only so many of certain classes/types of weapons.

Other than that, which is a pretty minor concern, I'm really liking what I see. I've seen some complaints about, "If you're making these concessions, what's the point of having the game set in World War I?" To me, it's just part of the concessions that have to be made to make any widely commercially successful FPS. You have to suspend a lot of reality. The setting, imagery, and apparent performance of the equipment and weapons appears to be close enough to give it a markedly different feel than a WW2 game, where the various technologies were more advanced. The various locations will be cool. Really looking forward to the Alpine setting.

7. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    Graphics look amazing... World War 1 is a huge concern to me. That was an awful war to portray into a video game.

They should of stuck with ww2.. now that would of been huge. Not so sure about this one.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've finished one of the stories in the game, and it is an experience. Aside from the unrealistic aspects that come from it being a game, it feels quite horrific. The very opening starts with a sequence that has the words "you are not expected to survive" in it.

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah, they released that to the press a few weeks ago. Like 20 minutes of game footage. It was crazy.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Picked this up today. Love history, not so great at shooters, but swan diving off of an exploding zeppelin looked too good to pass on.

Deliveranze likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So is this worth buying? Looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Personally, I'm only buying this because of World War I. I liked Battlefield 2 and 3 but I was never crazy with this franchise. THIS is new ground for sure tho. If this was WW2, I'd pass. I think killing Nazis is more played out then anything (yes including aliens or generic terrorists). The graphics look great and it looks like a pretty good FPS.

I'm also buying the new COD because I'm a sucker for space marines and stuff. :p

12. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I present to you Hammer Time!

13. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow. That's even worse than the torch in BF4.

PimpBacca likes this.
  14. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    The real Battelfield V

B99 likes this.
  15. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    That looks amazing... ly bad.

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    After CoD WW2 ended up being a dumpster fire, I hope BF5 ends up being the great WW2 game I've been craving.

B99 likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    WWII.. I knew it... Will for sure get it! I hate COD WWII. This will be better.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Gamma626 likes this.
  18. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Is this WWII?

From the trailer I half expect the game to have a wizard soldier that fires fireballs from their hands, dwarf soldiers with battle axes, and Spitfires armed with flamethrowers. All fighting against Nazi ogres and trolls.