main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Upcoming canonization of Legends characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The Slave I followed Juno and Starkiller's ship taking Vader "prisoner" to Dantooine in the end. We all know what that means... And considering Legends is closed except for The Old Republic MMO, I think we can assume death by Fett was the end for Starkiller as he was never mentioned again.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Depending on what point in the 90s you're going back in time to, you could tell them he's going to be stabbed in the back by his slave and they'd probably say the same thing, like, the fact that Thrawn has fanboys means literally nothing.

3. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    True, we need to add said padawan is the only person who can access a time traveling temple and has an army of hyperspace whales on call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Sorry just watched the ending on YouTube and you're right. I didn't remember that being in game at all but it has been a while since I last played it. Was that scene in the novel too? I don't have it on hand right now but I know the story was a lot better there than in the game itself because of the extra scenes.

5. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't know if it's in the novel. I always imagined Fett got hasty and disintegrated Juno and Starkiller, leading to the "No disintegrations" line in ESB, and explaining why Vader didn't know about Dantooine base (Fett shot them up before the journey was completed).

I find it hard to believe that they actually have Dantooine base in this game and not on a show outright called Rebels, or that this game series featured a formal Alliance founding we never got on said show.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  6. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Gods, I love Rebels.

CooperTFN and Soontir-Fel like this.
  7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Thats a VERY good point. I didn't think of that. The Gen'Dai were overpowered but I still love Durge. Hmmm. Maybe they could make him like Gorm the Dissolver, a super-warrior built with parts of other species. Make him one of a kind.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Nothing in http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gen'Dai indicates the Gen'Dai died out by the Clone Wars, unless the article is incomplete.

9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    In what way does the difficulty of beating the game translate to whether or not Starkiller is overpowered? The feats he's capable of performing are not tied to the difficulty. (I did in fact beat both games, even though it was on the Wii :p)
    Ezra defeated Thrawn by communicating with the purgills through the Force...not by simply tearing the Chimaera out of the sky and smashing it into the ground, crumpling his AT-STs into little balls of metal, and carving through his legions of stormtroopers with lightsabers and telekinetics. There isn't a comparison there.
    I don't know how you watched that episode and came away from it with the oft-repeated belief that Ezra can just hop into his time travel temple whenever he wants and change time as he sees fit, but... no.

DarthJaceus and Jedi Princess like this.
  10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Palpatine himself feels Ezra is the best person to enter this temple instead of any other Force sensitive he could grab in the galaxy. Palpatine himself felt Ezra was a concern whereas he barely noticed Starkiller until the end of the game, where he was more concerned about the effect Starkiller had after he was dead (kind of like Luke in 8). And I think Palpatine is a far better judge of overpowered Force users to fear than we are. :emperor:

And per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Unleashed the Wii game is different from the PC version I played, with a different developer from the PS3/PC version. Don't know if it's easier though. :p

Also how many times do I have to repeat: the Star Destroyer was already falling! Gravity is still a thing in Star Wars. Calling an army of purgills through the power of the Force alone is more "unnatural".

11. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Ezra isn't of concern to Palpatine because he's "overpowered". He's of concern because he is there. "Any other Force sensitive he could grab," you say that so casually, as if he hasn't spent the last twenty years wiping them out or snatching them up and making them into Inquisitors!

Also, Ezra doesn't summon the purgill using the Force, there's literally a whole subplot about needing to send them a transmission first.

The Positive Fan and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Fair enough, I missed the part about the transmission.

13. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
  14. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    "Yikes" is a funny way to spell "hurray!". And Amaiza Foxtrain is returning with him! [face_dancing]

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love the look of the Massassi in TOTJ: Dark Lords of the Sith and TOR: Shadow of Revan. Whether it's used for the Yavin temple-builders again or for a different species, I'd love to see the look of them return.

kalzeth and Darth Caliban like this.
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I feel like there is zero chance of Prince Xizor appearing in canon now.:(

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Why? With all the underworld elements of Solo, their making a sequel would be the perfect time to bring him in. Or the rumored Boba Fett movie.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  18. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    I didn't kind of feel like Crimson Dawn was deliberately evocative of Black Sun without actually being Black Sun. Whether that's because they're saving Black Sun for something else or getting rid of it altogether...Who knows? But I do agree that there's probably room for Black Sun to exist.

Solo spoiler below:
    Given how much EU was mined for Solo, I would not be entirely surprised if they reveal that that Cameo Appearance Character is running an organization that has a lot of branches, and perhaps Black Sun is one of these, if not the name for the network itself.

But I could see them skipping Xizor. Or at least changing him quite a bit. He seems to have a fairly good-sized hate-dom in certain circles and given the ah...unfortunate implications of his pheromone abilities (which are largely the source of hate for the character) I think Lucasfilm might find the character problematic in the current environment. Or conversely would make those unfortunate implications the centerpiece of the character in a really ham-fisted way that just wouldn't feel right.

kalzeth and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I figured if Xizor went back, they won't address his unfortunate implications power at all. They already brought the Falleen into canon in the Clone Wars. No mention was made of their unfortunate implications powers and instead they all stood around on Mustafar until they were killed by Darth Maul, with the sole survivor begging to join him.

kalzeth and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think that Maul has basically taken the role Xizor played in Legends. They want to use Maul as the crime boss going forward.
    There is also the problem of Xizor's character being based around sexual coercion though his mind effecting pheromones. At the time of writing SOTE this was something that could be used to show how horrible Xizor was. Today it is a subject that LFL want to avoid.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Dark Disciple does say that Falleen exude powerful pheromones that they normally use to attract mates. In the novel, one tries to use this on Asajj Ventress if I remember correctly.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I forgot about that in Dark Disciple. They should have just left this "power" out of new canon entirely.

I remember female falleen being given the same power, with one trying to use it on Vader in the old EU. At this point Falleen are starting to feel like rip-offs of the Orions from Star Trek (green people with ties to criminal organizations) except in SW both genders have pheromone powers while in Trek only the females have it.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The similar power of the Zeltron was also mentioned in the new canon... well, sort of.
    Since it was in the children's series Join the Resistance they simply said that Zeltrons give off pheromones that "make people like them."

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It also plays up the Zeltron empathy even more than Legends did.

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Black Sun were still active in the Aftermath trilogy, so I could see them filling the void Crimson Dawn makes when it eventually goes the way of the Dodo.

kalzeth and Darth Caliban like this.