main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That sequence had a really nice flow.

Bor Mullet and Ricardo Funes like this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    My favourite would have to be the entire sequence in the Maw. That was just breathtaking. What made it even better was the classic themes that played during it. One of the same themes played during the Falcon chase on Crait in TLJ and it was awesome.

I just love seeing the Falcon in action. Three of my all time favourite SW sequences are the Falcon chases in TFA, TLJ and now Solo. With the advanced technology, I love what they’ve been able to do with the Falcon.

Edit: The train heist was a close second.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    Eh - I thought it was a silly misuse of a common and tired sci-fit cliche. You know, the one where the good guys need to escape the black hole / gravity well by performing action XYZ to get enough power to fly away and succeed. Seen it in Star Trek. seen it in Interstellar. Adding in Cthulu, unfortunately, didnt make it any less cliche when in Star Wars - for me at least. It just felt like a silly and unnecessary addition to the script (both chtulu and the gravity well).

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    The Kessel Run as a whole. That was a really, really fun scene and utilizing some of John Williams classic scores was an added bonus.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought it was:

Lando: I hate you.
    Han: I know.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes it was- reference to ESB

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was. I was really tired when I wrote that! :p

8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I also really liked the opening... Alden was perfectly harried, hotwiring the stolen speeder and the half completed ISD up ahead made Correlia seem real.

Toddy, Bor Mullet and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I thought the Kessel Run stole the movie and honestly it could have played a bigger part in the movie IMHO. I also thought the sabbac scene was pure and unabashed Star Wars as it’s finest and that too could been longer along with being a bit slower like it is with the 360 YouTube video of it.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Is it me or was that train scene virtually identical to the Ord Mantell level in Shadows of the Empire? The train maneuvered in an almost identical manner. The way the fights took place on top of the train looked similar. And the way Han and Tobias had to dodge obstacles as the train turned and whatnot. If you didn't grow up playing that game, you might not appreciate just how similar these two scenes are. I even have the music from the game level stuck in my head now that I'm comparing it to the scene in Solo because they just look so much alike. Anyways, that was a great scene overall.

I also really liked the second standoff moment between Tobias, Han, and Chewie, and the mercenaries. The scene just has a really cool vibe to it, with the song that plays over it. The landscape and architecture of the settlement has a very Mad Max/Dune look to it. Makes you realize by the time we meet Han in ANH he's already been there and done that.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It was! [face_love]

Ricardo Funes and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  12. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    I really liked the design of Lady Proxima. Fun scene.

It reminded me of a model used in World of Warcraft (worms coming up out of the magma or floor etc and only see their upper segments - like Ouro / Naraxxas / Magmaw etc).

Ricardo Funes and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The Kessel rebellion was a blast! Especially with L3 leading the charge! [face_laugh]^:)^

Btw, was that Wookiee shaved or was his face just naturally hairless. I must know the answer to this question! :p

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I thought the most emotionally effective scene was the spaceport separation. Alden’s acting was incredible there.

Likewise. A pleasant surprise. Though I wish they had given her “alien speak” instead of generic cartoon witch.

Ask and ye shall receive! The Visual Guide says a lot of his hair had fallen out due to Kessel’s toxicity.

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    The Cthulhu looking creature also looked pretty cool. Seemed to come out of nowhere in terms of something like that floating around in space in the SW universe. But I thought the scene itself was great and the creature looked magnificient.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Eh, I thought that was one scene, in particular when he was yelling and reaching for the gate right after it closed, where he kind of fell flat.

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I loved when Lando finds out that Han has stolen his cheat cards.

The nervous smile when he finds out he was outcheated by Han.

Toddy, Padme501st, Shaak Ti and 5 others like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My new favorite monster in SW

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The single greatest character moment for me was...

"My Dad used to build these things."

It's a whole new dimension to Han's love for the Falcon, and provides a connection with his Father that makes his being "Solo" that much deeper and sadder.

Toddy, whostheBossk, Hernalt and 10 others like this.
  20. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    "Not if you round DOWN, buddy!" [face_laugh]

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That got the biggest laugh from me of the whole film.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    That, and the play on “I know” were f’ing perfect lines.

This is why we have to fully embrace the concept of subjectivity when it comes to opinions on film. As to me, it sounds like you were watching an entirely different movie. He was about as natural as it comes, IMO. Genuinely shocked, freaked out, devastated and heartbroken all at the same time. This kid’s got acting chops. He may be a better actor than Ford was at that stage of his career, IMO.

wobbits and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  23. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    There are only 4 bad scenes for me.

1. L3's death.
    2. Val's death.
    3. Beckett's death.
    4. Rio's Death.

Actually - add in Dryden Vos's death too for that matter.

They are not bad scenes. Its just that EVERY character was SO good it was a pity ANY of them had to die.

Toddy likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    L3's death broke my heart. Of all the new characters she was my favorite! Damn you, Kasdans!

25. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    What about when Han pretends he has a bomb and it is just a rock?

Also, the kids in Corellia were playing Sabacc, so this hints at Solo being very good at it too.

Oh, and HAN SHOOTING FIRST !