main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I loved Lady Proxima's line after that: "It's a rock. And you just made a clicking sound with your mouth."

2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    When Han shoot first I was impressed they had the courage to do that after so many controversies about the changes in ANH.

Kasdan really knows Han best than anyone else. Han is his boy, he knows how to write a good Han Solo.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Agreed. Thought it looked great, Han and Chewie flying together for the first time, and I loved the squid/Kraken monster.

4. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    It would honestly be easier to say what I didn't like [face_laugh]. Honestly, I didn't care for how Han got the name, Solo. Unless I missed something, why didn't he already have a last name? He mentions his father so clearly he would have been given one at birth.

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Was the perfect nod to tie in to the Rey 13 parsecs comment in TFA!

6. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    He sees himself as an outlaw, obviously he needs an alias, and Solo sounds cool.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    Han shooting first :)

8. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    My favorite Scene was Han and Chewie meeting for the first time.

I didn't expect Han and Chewie's first encounter to be a fight in a muddy pit; and Chewie as the "Beast" no less. :eek::cool: On one hand, it was funny; but on the other it was a surprisingly sweet moment. Seeing poor Chewbacca chained up in a muddy pit, and chided into attacking Han. Then Han showing that he understood Shyriiwook; and actually speaking to Chewbacca in the great Wookiee's own languge, to calm him down, was touching. :)

9. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    No one here mentioned Han and Chewie showering together yet? [face_rofl]

Toddy, DarthJaceus, Sarge and 9 others like this.
  10. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I really love Emilia in this movie. Especially the cape try on scene and her eventual betrayal. I also love the enfys and maul reveals. Sabacc and vol are awesome too. Also all the adversaries at least get in something before being foiled which I really like. Except the slaver I guess.

Padme501st likes this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    The Sabaac game at the end, with the reference to ESB (Lando's greetings to Han and the gang on the Bespin platform) and the shot of the Falcon flying away with the main duo at the controls.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I liked Lando's cape closet the best.

13. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Also chewie helping wookies was a highlight. Especially with han being super selfish.

14. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    It's a custom piece!

15. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    The final fight in Vos's office/chambers/boudoir sticks with me. It was so beautifully shot and choreographed. I deeply appreciated Qi'ra's badassness.

Toddy likes this.
  16. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    When Becket says something like "Good call kid, I would have killed you." Wrapped up his and Han's story arcs very well.

Not a scene, but I liked that Tobias' crew weren't smugglers or even thieves really but legit space pirates. They're bad guys. It's the right origin story for Han in that sense.

Toddy, DarthJaceus, Shaak Ti and 3 others like this.
  17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That line has made me legit laugh out loud both times, and both times I've been the only person in the theater to do so. I don't care. It's funny.

Also, Qi'ra tries on lando's ESB cape. Don't know if anyone caught that yet. I noticed it today. So good!

Toddy, Shaak Ti and Ricardo Funes like this.
  18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. His legacy to Han was not to trust anybody. Becket brought Han into the space pirate life in the first place as well, which is a big deal. Though he tried to stifle Han’s personality (to keep his eyes down, etc) which as we know, is part of his magic and success.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I noticed that tonight, on my second viewing.

20. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I noticed that immediately!
    Brought him in to the space pirate life, but not the pirate life. Han was already pulling heists on Corellia clearly since he was double crossing Proxima for personal gain so he could get off Corellia and become a pilot.

Han the Corellian fugitive/outlaw became Han the Galactic fugitive/outlaw.

21. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    When the Tognath and the Rodian fought and beat Vos’s guards on Savareen. Favorite new alien and favorite old alien. Just perfect.

Mimban was terrifying, that trooper screaming he couldn’t feel his legs actually bothered me and made me uncomfortable. Wow

Toddy likes this.
  22. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    The moment when Chewie sits down in the co-pilot's seat and the music starts playing....

whostheBossk, Sarge and Ricardo Funes like this.
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My fiancé turned to me and said "when did we get tickets to space Saving Private Ryan???" when that happened.

24. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    The battle with the Imperial Army. I didn't expect that, and liked seeing that sort of AT-AT Commander look.

Gamma626 likes this.
  25. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Pretty much everything with L3, especially the robot rebellion. Brilliant.