main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm not overtly into megalithic sites, I like Avebury primarily because it's just so damn close to home. ;) Stonehenge is the only other major site I've been to, and even then only seeing it from the motorway.

The prehistoric sites are interesting though, especially Silbury Hill, which is a man-made earthen mound of unknown origin and purpose (about 5 mins from Avebury):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boy I wish I could go on a walk near there again. I'll have to head there in the summer.

Ooh wow, never actually seen it in the snow despite living 15 minutes away and living there for 16 years, but it looks epic:
    [​IMG]

2. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Oh wow. It looks like a miniature Mount Rainier!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Pensivia and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ah, never heard of that mountain before, but it looks pretty cool:[​IMG]

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I have at least one more but I need time to formulate it. Will def post it soon, though.

And, yes hooray, @B3 sightings![face_dancing]:)

5. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Do you live in the Northwest, too?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A reminder to anyone who for some reason did not read the first post. :p

If you want to be interviewed be sure to PM me.

7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    And ask me all the questions! They nourish me to answer! ;)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) If you could live in any other country other then England, where would it be?
    12.) What is your least favorite moment in the entire Star Wars franchise?
    13.) Have you seen TCW and if so do you enjoy it more then Star Wars Rebels?
    14.) What actor from the PT would you like to see reprise their character the most?
    15.) Do you enjoy the recent memeification of Star Wars and specifically the prequels?

Pensivia likes this.
  9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    11.) If you could live in any other country other then England, where would it be?

Switzerland. It's just such a beautiful country, the public transport is efficient, there's a wide array of vegetarian options (one of the only other countries to make Quorn burgers!), and the culture is lovely.

12.) What is your least favorite moment in the entire Star Wars franchise?

Probably the space chase in TLJ at the moment. It's visually dull, its logic is tissue-thin, and I hate the message of Holdo's arc, which is to unquestionably follow orders no matter how stupid they sound. It just goes against what I believe in, and what Star Wars normally stands up for.

13.) Have you seen TCW and if so do you enjoy it more then Star Wars Rebels?

TCW is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1! No but seriously, I love it to pieces, even the wacky droids and Gascon episodes. It's possibly my favourite part of all of SW, even over the PT at times.

Rebels is... ok. It has a few moments of greatness, where it lives up to TCW (Twilight of the Apprentice, the stuff with the Bendu or Maul), but for the most part it's way too formulaic and dull for me (plus it's set in the OT era, which I've never liked as much as the PT). The main characters are all fine I guess, but I never really loved them.

14.) What actor from the PT would you like to see reprise their character the most?

Ewan McGregor of course. ;) He looks practically the same, is an iconic Obi-Wan, and could easily headline a whole movie. Having Temuera Morrison reprise his role of Boba Fett in live action again would be great. And a Liam Neeson force ghost cameo somewhere down the line like in TCW would be fun.

15.) Do you enjoy the recent memeification of Star Wars and specifically the prequels?

Sure, I love memes. They almost always make me laugh. As long they don't make jokes at people who actually like the movies they're A-Ok. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  10. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    No, I'm in Illinois. But I have been to the PNW, and I have seen Rainier from a distance.

11. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Ok @darkspine...another question for you: have you had any American exchange students at your university that you got to know at least a little? i'm curious as to any notable "cultural differences" you may (or may not) have noticed between Americans your age and your fellow British students. Or any such differences you've noticed in interacting with Americans online (either here or elsewhere on the 'net)?

I'm not thinking so much about language/word differences between British and American English, but rather about things like interpersonal behavior, sense of social "etiquette" (or not), food preferences/habits, general "worldview"/outlook, etc.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I sadly did not meet any American exchange students in my time at Uni.

I did however become friends with a guy named George (Giorgos), who came to Leicester from Cyprus to study the same topic as me (physics).

There were a couple of noticeable cultural differences. For one, he found it unbearably cold here in the winter, to the extent that the skin on his knuckles cracks in the cold. He's used to scorching 40 degree (Celsius) back home.

Another difference was that he was older than me, by I think 3 or 4 years, as he'd had to do National Service at home. Cyprus was involved in civil wars, and is still split into Greek and Turkish halves (George lives near Limassol, which close to the border if the two).

It was very interesting getting to know him over the 3 years, even if I'm not a very social type ;)

13. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    That's cool, darsk...I've never met someone from Cyprus. I did meet someone named Giorgos once though (but he was Greek):p

I didn't know you studied physics! That's :cool:...who's your favorite historical physicist and your favorite living physicist?:D

@darkspine10

Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  14. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    What is your favorite battle in the Star Wars films, Rebels, or TCW?

Who gave the worst performance in the OT?

What is your favorite quote in the PT?

@darkspine10

15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Hmm, living would be Brian Cox, his series' (and corresponding hardback books) got me super interested in astronomy.

As for historical, maybe someone like Marie Curie, who discovered radiation, and literally died of radiation poisoning. She was a pioneering female scientist in an age where that was incredibly rare (there's a photograph of numerous early 20th century physics Novel prize winners, people like Einstein; Heisenburg, Planck, and Curie was the only woman present).
    Probably the battle of Geonosis, I mentioned earlier how much I loved it. The entire Umbara campaign in TCW is incredible too.

Worst OT performance is the imperial in ESB who says "Good, our first catch of the day". Such a stilted delivery.

Favourite PT quote, maybe one of Qui-Gon's speeches about the force or Midichlorians (can't search as I'm in mobile).

Paloatines line about studying all the aspects of 'the great mystery' is very compelling too, very Shakespeare like in its phrasing.

16. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    cubman987 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The important questions :p

18. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    The only question that truly matters:p

19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Probably the 'Amazing, every single word you just said was wrong' meme from TLJ.

I like my memes less confrontational ;)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    16.) Do you personally think Star Wars is experiencing Fatigue?

17.) out of the two Spinoff movies which one is your favorite?

18.) Do you think the Star Wars fandom was better or worse before the Disney buyout?

19.) If you could add anything to one of the Star Wars prequels what would you add?

20.) What is your favorite prequel reference in the new films?

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Heya, will probably reply tomorrow or Wednesday, when I can type on my laptop. :)

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No problem

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would like to be added to the interview list :D

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No problem I’ll PM when it gets closer to your interview date.

Pensivia and Darkslayer like this.
  25. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    @darkspine10

1) Do you like football? If yes, which team do you cheer for?