main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The mini Gonk droid on the control panel had me dying.

"IVE FOUND MY TRUE PURPOSE!"

XD

2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Han using the landing gear to slide during the Kessell Run scene. =D=

Shaak Ti and Ricardo Funes like this.
  3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Especially loved the comment about learning that trick from someone he knew... "he died... trying THIS!"

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Han's first encounter with Chewie was so well done. And the Kessel Run was certainly the film's best set piece.

5. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    That whole scene was great. Just a bunch of droids sort of aimlessly smashing everything around them.

Ricardo Funes and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Can we have a favorite edit?

Imperial recruiter: "Good luck Han Solo. We'll have you flying in no time."

SMASH CUT to the Mimban battle, as an explosion sends Han flying through the air.

Felt like a Lord and Miller beat.

Toddy, DarthJaceus, Hernalt and 5 others like this.
  7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I liked the part on Kessel when there's mayhem ensuing in the mines, and Lando's comfortably inside the Falcon, recording the Calrissian Chronicles.

8. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Honestly My smile never left my face. (except mayby for L3's death :() So it's kinda hard to choose. But if i had to pick a top three, in no paticular order.
    Mimban, finally they put the war back in Star Wars.
    Sabaac, an amazing tense character moment. Best since the opera house.
    Ahem... Maaaaaaaaaaaaauulll!!!.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There were a lot of them.SO many good scenes- I especially liked Calrissian Chronicles, droid/slave rebellion on Kessel, and that scene on Savareen when Enfy's gang arrives- such a western standoff feel and music was great. Chase on Corellia and battle of Mimban went really fast but I liked them a lot as well- Kessel run was not bad either- nor the train heist. I can't wait to see the movie again- I have watched all disney's era movies twice in theater need to continue the tradition.

I personally think Rio's death was sadder- L3 lives on as part of Falcon- in a certain way at least. Sure it was hard for Lando for sure, but Rio's last words about never really having anyone special in his life (don't remember the exact words but he did say something that Val was right- he never had anyone)- that is seriously sad way to die to realize something like that. And he was such a fun guy as well.

10. Zef

Zef Jedi Knight

Oct 26, 2015
    Enfys Nest scenes.

11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Anything with Paul Bettany, he chewed up every scene he was in.

12. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I loved the moment when Han and Chewie took their pilot and co-pilot seats in the Falcon - the musical score was used beautufully in that scene!

13. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I just remembered the scene right before Han and Qi’Ra bribe the imperial customs officer. Qi’Ra says something along the lines of “there’s no one to protect us, we could get picked up by traffickers or be sold into slavery by Crimson Dawn or the Hutt Cartel.”

First time in my life I ever thought the Star Wars galaxy was supposed to be scary

14. Lance Toris

Lance Toris Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    There were a LOT of great scenes. But I think Han meeting Chewie was the one that grabbed me....40+ years in the making on screen. So great. Having said that, many more to choose from. I loved any scene with Han and Lando as well (especially when they crash land and Lando tells Han that he hates him" [face_laugh]

15. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Mimban is a scene that I appreciated more on the second viewing.

Whereas SW has tended to employ a lot of WW2 visuals (ANH and TFA especially), the wartime setting on Mimban is an overt reference to WW1.

It's a hellish environment of mud and smoke and death and deep trenches that produces extreme fear and idiotic self sacrifice.

It's All Quiet on the Western Front in the GFFA. And Han just wants out of there...

And it's an excellent way to demonstrate how Han views the futility of serving the Empire or the Rebellion or anyone. He's served in Mimban. Screw all that.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The mine scene was awesome! Fasted paced Soundtrack helped! And the death of L3 of course!!!

17. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It really would be a terrifying and sad universe to live in, not everyone gets cool powers or a ship as this movie showed well.

Cantina Regular and SunStar like this.
  18. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Last names are a fairly new thing. Just a few hundred years ago only the rich had family names, peasents were simply called by their job. Smith, Thatcher, Etc.
    Given that Corellia seems to be an industrial, coporate run, poodoo hole. I could see poor factory workers not even having last names.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  19. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I know it was in the trailers, but I smiled again at Lando and L3 doing the hand gesture as they jumped to hyperspace.

Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VAAAAADER

21. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Han, Chewie and the Falcon for the first time in the junkyard. Shivers ..

wobbits likes this.
  22. gunzerker

gunzerker Jedi Knight

Dec 20, 2015
    My avatar gives it away, but any scene that featured Chewie :chewie:

If Disney kills off Chewie, I will not be able to forgive them.

Twain and celboy like this.
  23. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Yeah, Vader was a standout.

The Kessel Run was probably the best sequence in the film. Visually stunning, intense and well-shot, long takes without cutting every 2 seconds.

Giovs and Bossk_Baby like this.
  24. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    My two favorites were the final sabbac game and Han shooting Beckett and then holding him as he's dying. I expected Beckett to repeat to Han, don't trust anyone, and Han motioning to Chewie and saying something like, I trust him. That line literally appeared in my head when I watched that scene. Still, good scene.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  25. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    I love me some gun spinning, so pretty much any time Beckett was shooting something, I was beaming. You know, until Act 3 came around.

Oh, and the final Sabacc game, but in particular, Lando's shirt.

Cantina Regular and Bor Mullet like this.