main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, May 26, 2018.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, original characters
    Time Frame: During THE FORCE AWAKENS

THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO - New chapter added each Friday until complete.

Falling…..
    Falling…..
    Burning….
    Pain……
    Spinning….
    Falling….

Pain……

The body of Han Solo plummeted down…….down……down……
    He was unconscious….feeling nothing…
    He was conscious…feeling everything……
    Trying to breathe….worse than carbon freeze…..was this death?

Just let go………..

Abruptly, Han’s body hit the side of the Starkiller, sliding down the curve…..down…….
    Into a ducting vent, slowing…sliding…no stopping…….then….Han’s booted feet crashed
    through a vent screen, dumping him with a loud thud on the floor six feet below…………where he lay, deathly still.

“What was that?” Dr. Alcy Revidian looked up from where she’d been packing medical supplies. She knew what was going on up above.

“We’ve been hit again.” Irr Doman said, handing her a bundle of bandages. “We’ve got to
    hurry if we’re going to get off here. You know we’ll be executed for deserting if we’re found.”

“I’ve had enough…I’m not going to be a part of this killing..I’m a healer. I’ve been told too many
    lies already."
    “Go take a look.” Alcy told him. Irr walked to the door of the medical quarters and upon opening it saw a body laying prone.

“Dr. Alcy!” He exclaimed. She rushed to the door…looking down both ways down the hall, she instructed. “Drag him in.”

Shutting the door quietly. “Keep an eye out while I examine him.”

Taking a quick look, she could see faint smoke rising from a hole in his chest. If he wasn’t already dead, he would soon be. His face was ashen…she checked for a heartbeat….and gasped…there was a slight pulsation. “Quick! Get me oxygen and a mask!” She yelled to Irr.

After fitting the mask over his face and starting the gas, she lifted his eye lids….. “Just a little
    dilation.”

“He’s not one of ours” Irr commented. “Too old to be a soldier.”

“Doesn’t matter. He needs medical help. Let’s get him on the table.”

Once situated on the table Alcy began removing Han’s jacket and shirt, exposing the blackened
    hole in his chest. There was no blood… “The weapon cauterized the flesh as it entered the body.”

Checking his thready pulse and slight respiration again, she unbuckled Han’s blaster belt and, tugging it from under his body, handed it to Irr. “Wait…” She pulled the weapon from the holster…the charged light was green and the safety light was red… “He wasn’t in any shoot-out, his weapon hasn’t been fired lately…whoever did this…it was intentional….cowardly….” She laid the weapon and holster aside.

“Take his boots off.” She told Irr as she unzipped Han’s trousers. “And get me a blanket.”

Han laid nude on the table and after a quick exam, Alcy commented. “There are no other wound marks, but he’s pretty bruised up from the fall.”

She spread the blanket over Han up to his waist. “Get bags of anti-bac and fluid. I’ll start the intravenous needles. And get some cold water…he can’t drink right now, but we can moisten his lips. And bring a body scanner, I have to see what vital organs have been damaged.”
    “The right lung has been nipped, and the top of the stomach has a burn on it, but I don’t see anything affecting the heart.” Alcy said as she leaned over Han’s body with her eye to a scope that was inserted into the wound hole. “A couple of vertebra have been disintegrated, but it missed the spinal cord, the rest of it is clean through to his back, no arteries have been hit.”

“You think he’ll live?” Irr asked as he watched the doctor remove bits of Han’s burned shirt
    from the wound.

“I don’t know….” her sentence was stopped by another rocking hit to the Starkiller.

The lights flickered.

“If we’re going to leave, we better do it now!” Irr insisted.

“We have to get him stabilized.”

“What difference will that make, he’ll die here anyway.”

“We’ll take him with us.”

“WHAT?!” Irr exclaimed.

MORE TO COME….JUNE 1st.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D= Wonderful and realistic medical details. This literally changes EVERYTHING [face_thinking] Eagerly awaiting more. :cool:

jedi1871, Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Yay, Han survived!!! (At least so far.) =D= I'll follow this one. I'm more a prequel than a sequel person, but with Han still around it is more interesting. Besides, it's well written so far, with good distribution between descriptions and dialogue.

4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thanks for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    I wasn't ready to give up the character. I figured if Darth Vader could survive the burn,
    Luke lose a hand and nearly fall off an antenna, that Han could be 'fixed up' also,.
    There's just one Han for me. Lynda V.

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Carajinn, Thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    Thank you for the complimet, I don't like to 'clutter' with a lot of descriptions, just those that
    are pertinent and let the charcters move the story along. Lynda V.

6. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    You've got another follower on this. Han broke my heart, and Luke ripped it out of my chest and lightsabered it to ashes.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I always wondered what might have happened if Han lived. Great job with this! =D=

8. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Darth...thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    I've written SW fanfiction for a lot of years....love it...especially the original characters.
    Hope you will like the other stories I've posted here, if you choose to read them.
    Don't know if I'll 'heal your heart' but hope you'll like the 'rest of the story'.
    Lynda V.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Sara, Thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    We'll see how it progresses. Have a nice evening. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yeah, if they can bring back Darth Maul after he was SLICED IN HALF :rolleyes:, there is definitely hope for Han! Waiting to see where you go with this, Hopeful!

11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Renata, thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    Just had to write it. Hope I don't disappoint the readers. (had forgotten about Darth Maul,Duh-Ha)
    Have a good evening. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    When Maul survived Naboo... this is not really a spoiler for those who followed the Clone War series and the Rebel series... than Han can survive Kylo Ren & Starkiller Base, too. Brilliant idea, @Hopefulwriter.

:D

13. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, hope all is going well for you. Nice to hear from you.
    Appreciate your comment.
    Thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    As I told others, I just wasn't ready to give up the character yet, so this
    story will be my point of view. Hope I won't disappoint the readers.
    Take care. Lynda V.

14. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: For everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Original Characters
    Time Frame: During THE FORCE AWAKENS

THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO CHAPTER 2

“We can’t take him with us.” Irr argued, with a wave of his arm. “We’ll be lucky to get off here ourselves before it’s blown.”

Alcy continued to gather medical supplies from around the med unit, grabbing air syringes, vials of pain medication and surgical instruments.
    She placed all that along with two extra tanks of oxygen on the lower shelf of the gurney where Han lay. “If he’s here, it stands to reason others are.”
    She looked at Han once more… “He must have been one of their commanders.”

“Then why try so hard to save his life if he was here to help blow us to hell?!?”

“I don’t take sides…I take care of the casualties the sides leave.” Alcy said bitterly as she grabbed bags of anti-bac and fluid, along with bottled water,
    stashing them on the lower shelf with the other supplies. Just then another, stronger bombing impact shuttered the facility.

“I’ve heard stories all my life of the Rebellion. They’ve fought for years to protect planets’ freedoms the Empire seeks to rule.
    You have to admire that, and I’d rather be with the ones who are trying to build something than the ones who want only to destroy and dictate
    .” Alcy said as she finished placing items in the boxes.

“Let’s check for broken bones before you strap him down for transport, I was too busy just trying to keep him alive.”
    She and Irr rotated Han’s ankles, bent his knees, pressed down on his hip bones, bent his wrists and elbows…finishing by checking his neck.
    “He’s in pretty good shape for an old man…he sure was lucky.” Irr commented as he began placing and securing the straps over Han’s body.

Alcy looked up, straight into Irr’s eyes..”Maybe it wasn’t luck.” She commented cryptically as she placed a medi-reader on Han’s arm…“I’ll see at a glance his temperature, blood pressure, oxygen saturation and heart rate.“ She looked around, her eyes stopping on Han’s clothes….and blaster. “Get those. He’ll need them later. We’ve got to go NOW!. Take the other end.” Irr stashed the bundled clothes and weapon, then grabbed the foot end of the table and together they wheeled Han through the door.

“Which way?” Irr asked when they were in the hallway.

“To the left, toward the flight deck. We’ll get a ship there. You can fly can’t you?”

“Medi-vac ships. All med-techs were required to know how to fly.”

Alcy nodded and they began moving toward the lift…..
    “Punch up to level fourteen.” Alcy said, watching the unconscious Han and medi readings closely.

“I just hope we don’t run into anyone up there.” Irr stated.

The closed lift didn’t muffle the growing sounds of battle as they rose, and a powerful blast caused the lights to flicker…. the lift moaned and slowed…. “Don’t stop…don’t stop…” Irr begged as he placed his hand on the wall.

The crawl upward was slow, but after what seemed an eternity, the lift stopped and the doors slid open.

The med-tech stuck out his head and scanned the massive, almost empty flight decks and seeing no one, he nodded to the doctor and they guided the gurney out and toward a cluster of service ships.

“That one.” Alcy said, pointing with a nod of her head.

“That’s a mid-sized freighter. Thought we were taking him off on a medi-vac.”

“No, the freighter will have food, water and other supplies we’ll need. Besides, a freighter
    will have trade routes programmed on the navi-consoles…we’ll find a place.”

Moving steadily toward the ship, they were stopped by a loud voice yelling ‘HALT’!

The doctor and med-tech looked warily at each other, then stood still.

The Officer’s booted footfalls clicked and echoed across the shadowy macreet floor as he made
    his way to where they stood.

“Who are you?” He asked, patronizingly.

“I’m Dr. Revidian and this is med-tech Doman.”

The stern officer was silent.

“Is this,” he nodded to the blanket covered gurney, “a casualty?”

“Yes.” Alcy answered, showing no apprehensiveness.

“Are you sure it isn’t someone you are trying to sneak off this facility under the guise
    of a patient?” The officer sneered, scanning their white lab coats.

Alcy stiffened and said. “Come take a look.” She took the edge of the blanket and pulled it out from under the straps, down to just below Han’s navel.”

The officer took a step closer to look and couldn’t stop a gasp that uttered from his lips when he
    saw the black hole in Han’s abdomen, black and red marks radiating outward.

“That’s not a battle wound….that, most likely, was done by the monster you serve under. Kylo Ren. Eveyone’s seen that light saber he wields.” Alcy told him.

Just then, sparks from a near direct proton hit sprayed over the floor and they all ducked,
    cowing until the sparks died out.

“Why are you bringing him up here?” The officer demanded, regaining his composure.

“There are some things I need from the Medi-vac ship.”

“Wouldn’t it have been better to keep the patient in the med center and have the tech come up and get them?”

“A waste of precious time. Waiting for him to come up here and then back to the unit.”

The officer bit his lip, thinking, suspicious…

‘DECK OFFICER…SCRAMBLE FIVE FIGHTERS IMMEDIATELY!!” Came the order over the intercom.

The man looked toward the deck station, then back at Alcy….undecision on his face.

“You better go do your master’s bidding or you may suffer the same fate as this man.”
    The doctor told him.

The Officer turned and took off at a near run to the station to carry out the order.

Alcy checked the readings on Han’s arm. “Let’s get him aboard quickly and leave!”

They moved as fast as they dared to the freighter. Irr climbed into the ship, soon finding
    the release on the cargo loading ramp.

Together, they maneuvered Han up the ramp and into the ship. “Secure the gurney with those cargo straps.”
    Alcy grabbed the first one. “Then get powered up and fly in the opposite direction from the fighters.”

As they finished securing the gurney, another powerful hit shook the freighter in a blinding
    flash of firey sparks and white light.

“Go…go!” Alcy yelled.

MORE…. JUNE 8th

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm totally with Alcy on this. The first time I ever saw the fan theory/headcanon that Han is Force sensitive, I was instantly like, "This. 100% this."

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully riveting second installment =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Narrow escape, but I'll bet they manage.

18. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl. Thanks for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    I've been toying with this story ideal for some time. We'll see how it progresses.
    Appreciate your comments. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, I like figuring out how to get Han out of narrow escapes.
    Will he have more? Time will tell. Lynda V.

20. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...glad the story is holding your interest. Appreciate your comments.
    Lynda V.

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I very much enjoyed your first instalment.

Well done!

22. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl...Han may have many more 'talents' as the story goes along.
    Appreciate your comments. Lynda V.

23. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO CHAPT. # 3

Irr scooted into the flight chair of the freighter’s cockpit and, flipping on the lights, scanned the console controls,
    then punched the power while pulling up the navi-puter screen.

In the cargo hold, Alcy had removed the oxygen mask from Han’s face and was dabbing water on his lips
    with a piece of sterile gauze. Noticing his automatic reflex to swallow, she tipped the bottle to his lips, letting the
    water trickle slowly into his mouth.

“Dr. Alcy….Dr. Alcy.” Crackled over the inner ship com-link in the hold.

She looked up..

“Dr. Alcy…there is a com link connection there in the cargo hold…it should be
    near the hatch opening…click it on and we can talk back and forth.” Irr instructed.

She sat the bottle of water down and walked toward hatch, scanning the wall, she found the connector and flipped it on.
    “Got it, Irr.” She confirmed. Just then a red light indicator on the medi-reader lit up along with a frantic beeping sound.
    She rushed to Han’s side..the reading showed his temperature was rising and an elevation in his heart rate.
    Reaching into the medical supplies, she grabbed a vial and air syringe and after filling it, gave Han an injection.

In the cockpit, Irr moved the flight yoke and the freighter slowly rose… adjusting

the control to the left, the ship flew steadily toward the deck opening, gaining speed….Irr could hear multiple alarms and sirens blaring…
    was it for them or had the base taken a fatal hit? Rising into the atmosphere, quickly gaining speed and altitude,
    Irr engaged the pressurization. The ship slid into the star scattered blackness of space, which was turning orange
    from a massive explosion cloud behind them…the Starkiller base was no more.

“Everything alright back there?” Irr voiced from the com-link.

“He’s developed a slight fever. I’m going to have to debride the wound to keep down infection.”

“I’ll calculate automatic flight and come help.” Irr adjusted the settings and left the cockpit.

Irr placed the surgical instruments on the blanket at Han’s feet, while Alcy swabbed the wound area on Han’s midsection with antiseptic,
    then washed her hands in the liquid. “This is the best I can do.” She said taking up the sharp scalpel, entering the cavity and
    begun cutting away the dead skin…the effort was slow and she kept watching Han’s face and the medi-reader.
    “He’s doing good, and there’s no blood, so far.” She continued the painstaking procedure, asking Irr for different
    instruments from time to time, and completed the operation.

“There’s no way I can close the wound yet, I can pack it, but those back muscles need repairing and I can’t do that here.
    We need to find a place with a med center.”

“Think he‘ll live that long?” Irr asked.

“I hope…but we’ve got to get him to a med center for him to have any real chance”

Han coughed, surprising them. “Ben…” he whispered.

“What did he say?” Irr asked, surprised.

Alcy leaned down… “Ben…” Han’s eyes remained closed.

“Are you asking where you’ve been?” She hoped he would answer.

Silence.

“Leia…”

“Maybe those were some of his troops.” Irr offered.

“We know nothing about him.” Alcy said while smoothing back Han’s hair,

like she was soothing a child. “Search through his clothes, maybe he’s got some identification there.”

Irr reached into the box where he’d shoved them and removed the blaster from the holster, examining it closely.
    “I don’t know much about weapons, but this looks to be an old model.” He admitted to the doctor. Picking up the jacket,
    he searched all the pockets, inside and out, finding a handful of credit chips. He then took the pants, poking a hand into each pocket.
    “Wait… I found something.” Irr withdrew his hand and in it was a tarnished ring. *

Alcy took the ring…. “There’s a symbol on it…no…it looks like a crest…maybe it is a
    family or military crest.” She turned the ring over and over, searching closely for any other markings.
    “Look this up on the info-puter, the blaster, too…let me know what you find out.”

“Inter-com if you need me.” Irr said as he took the ring from her hand and headed for the cockpit.

Alcy stood by Han. “Who are you?” She asked softly, slightly shaking her head,

“And what were you doing at the Starkiller base?”

Han stirred and pulled against the straps but didn’t open his eyes.

Irr scrolled down the screen to read more about the weapon and ring. He then pulled up the galactic map and readouts
    to find a suitable place for them to land. Tapping the screen, he mumbled to himself. “That would be a good place.”

He adjusted the flight settings to head for the planet Saculk, just a few hundred thousand galactic miles, then headed for the cargo hold.

Han was restless, but the numbers on the medi-reader were within normal range.

Alcy stretched and took in a deep, tired breath.

“Dr. Alcy, I found out something about that ring and weapon.” Irr said excitedly as he entered the hold
    . “The weapon is an old DL 44 blaster…was in use quite a bit about 50 standard years ago.
    The symbol on the ring is a crest…it’s the World Crest of the planet Alderaan.”

“Alderaan.” Alcy repeated the word. “That planet was destroyed about 40 standard years ago.
    Maybe he’s from Alderaan.” They both turned to look at Han.

* From my story GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY - Chapter 20.

MORE….June 15th.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful use of clues but still the mystery remains for the Alcy and Irr. [face_thinking] =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I thougt "Alderaan" before it was revealed.*feeling clever *