main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 It's official Star Wars Celebration - April 11-15 2019 Chicago

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ouch! That would mean watching the holiday special again!

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Solo countdown in TFN Main has been replaced for one for Celebration.

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm so going to annoy all my friends using this [face_laugh]

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    BTW, where is the karaoke video we were promised?

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I was saving it to post before Forcechella … that I and I can't bring myself to re-watch the Holiday Special yet, even if it is just the ending!

I'll learn the words this week and if I score VIP tickets I'll post it next week (I'll even throw in a Chandler Bing style dance as well!). If not, I'll save your ears until nearer the time :p

Padme501st and KyloSpence like this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Make it Carlton Banks.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Haha! Deal! Might have to do 2 videos then because there's no way that dance would fit to the holiday special song … but it could work in a "how terrible can this be" kind of way [face_laugh]

9. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Hope you will be at FC2 next year!

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sadly not (which is how the whole "post a video" thing started). Really it just comes down to what time I arrive on Tuesday. I'm expecting it to be late so I'll just be eating then trying to get some sleep between a long flight and an overnight queue but if I get there early enough and there's tickets left then I'll try to pop in for a bit.

11. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I can't see them implementing the same system as NYCC at this point. They require "Fan Verification" a month before the tickets actually go on sale and if you aren't "verified" you can't buy the tickets until you are. If the tickets are going on sale in less than five days, they don't have time to implement this system.

They may try to retrofit it once the tickets are purchased. They hinted at that with the VIP tickets for CO17. There was a lot of jargon about "non-transferable" and "assigned badges". When it came down to it as long as the purchaser showed verification at the show the purchased items were allowed to be picked up. Aside form that, as long as they saw you had the badge they didn't care how or who you got it from. I could have sold them and the only thing the buyer would have missed out on potentially would have been the exclusive print and the t-shirt.

I would understand if they go down the RFID path but I don't think they can make it happen at this point. We will see on Tuesday!

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, there's no way they're adding something like fan verification now. They could still do something with RFID (badges won't be shipped out for months yet so they could do something after purchase if they needed) but it's too late to put something like the NYCC system in place ahead of the sale.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I agree that they wouldn't implement something like fan verification at Celebration. My point was that even within the same company there are drastically different measures taken in terms of how they go about attendance for each individual event they hold. And that you can't necesarily apply the same thinking for how they go about one event to how they might go about another.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit I wasn't thinking attendance numbers (serves me right for not reading the quoted post and assuming I remembered the conversation), I was thinking more along the lines of the RFID part and the new system they said would be implemented.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's all good. It's all part of the discussion.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    $850 VIP, $215 5 day passes.

Cheaper than I thought it'd be for VIP.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    For Orlando, there was $50 in fees for VIP, so you're probably looking at a little over $900 in total.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hours:
    Thursday 1-8
    F-S 10-7
    M 10-5

19. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Mainstage will indeed be in the Wintrust arena and is Friday through Monday. That sits 10K for Basketball. Anaheim arena was 7500 and Orlando didnt have an arena. This is very good news.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Celebration Stage is confirmed at the Wintrust Arena. 10,000 seats in total, I think it's 7,000 in an end-stage configuration. It would be pretty cool to have it in the round.

https://wintrustarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Wintrust-Arena-Marketing-Packet.pdf

10,320 total seats. 7,743 with a wide angle endstage, 7,224 with a narrower angle.

The Anaheim arena just claims 7,500 seats, but keep in mind a fair number of those were behind the stage, and they added seats on the floor.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Glad they are using the arena. Galaxy Stage is TBA.

Also, looks like the panels don't start until Friday. That means I can come on Wednesday and save a few hundred bucks on a hotel night.

VIP shopping party is Thursday morning as opposed to the night before.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They also just list the West building for location in the FAQ.

Interesting they note that they expect tickets to sell out well in advance if the show. I wonder if they are limiting tix more this time?

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    YES!! First thoughts, VIP is a pleasant surprise, $850 was the lowest I was expecting (I was expecting $850-1000).

Thursday as a preview day with no panels is a little surprise, but a nice one, gives people time to see the show floor and get the store queue out of the way before the main event kicks off (though I do wonder how much of the day will be lost to the overnight queue based on last year).

Great to see the arena confirmed. It was the only way that really made sense after Orlando but nice to know it's actually happening.

So happy right now. Now I just have to cross everything for VIP tickets!

24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's a pretty decent layout for the Celebration website.

groove790 likes this.
  25. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Thursday, April 11: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM Bounty Hunter ticket holders & Jedi Master VIPs
    Friday-Sunday, April 12-15: 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM Jedi Master VIPs
    Friday-Sunday, April 12-15: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM General ticket holders
    Monday, April 15: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM Jedi Master VIPs
    Monday, April 15: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM General ticket holders

That means general ticket holders can't get in on Thursday. What is a Bounty Hunter ticket holder? I'm fine not knowing what panels there will be, but if your general ticket won't let you in on Thursday, it sure would be nice to know before I book a hotel.

Ooooohkay, the Bounty Hunter ticket is listed with the 1-day badges, and there's no option to buy a Thursday ticket. The Bounty Hunter ticket IS the Thursday ticket. So I'm guessing the 5-day badge includes the Bounty Hunter ticket.