main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    16.) Do you personally think Star Wars is experiencing Fatigue?

I do with regards to the ST. I'm not really looking forwards to anything IX could have to offer, it's already been saddled by it's two predecessors plots and poor characters moving forwards.

With Anthologies on the other hand, I couldn't be more excited now. I loved R1, and Solo was very well done too. And with the clear intentions to link certain elements of future anthologies (particularly the obvious Solo cameo), I'm very excited to see what they do with them.

17.) out of the two Spinoff movies which one is your favorite?

Rogue One. Solo was good, better than I was expecting, but it lacked the simple punch of R1. I thought the action was shot terribly in most of Solo, with way too much fast editing, and an overall muddy dark tint to the film. Plus there's only so far a movie about Han Solo could ever move me, he's never been a character I've particularly held an interest in. R1 had a much brighter palette, and the action was really well shot.

18.) Do you think the Star Wars fandom was better or worse before the Disney buyout?

Mixed really. I think it was pretty hostile to PT fans before, and whilst that largely remains, there's now new hostility, against both defenders and supporters of the new movies.

19.) If you could add anything to one of the Star Wars prequels what would you add?

Hmm, not sure. I think all 3 are paced pretty well. Maybe one of the rebellion subplot scenes from ROTS (but not all 3, as I think it make the pacing drag a lot for a plot that doesn't go very far). That would give Padme a lot more to do.

20.) What is your favorite prequel reference in the new films?

Maul of course! He's the clearest link back the PT yet (and TCW and Rebels), and I loved his short scene.

Apart from that, I really liked seeing Mustafar and Coruscant again briefly in Rogue One.

Ava G. and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Sadly I don't like football. My sisters, Mum, and Dad, are all mad for it though. ;)

Mum and the Girls support Liverpool, whilst Dad is a Nottingham Forest fan.

Not much of a fan of watching or playing sport in general. :p Tennis is alright though.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Remember everyone today is the last day for interviewing darkspine so if you have any last minute questions, now is the time.

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    @darkspine10

2) Since your favourite movie is AOTC, how do you feel about the Anakin and Padmé rolling in the grass scenes, the force pushed pear and the "I hate sand" dialogue? Do you like them? Dislike them?

PS: I'm a PT fan as well. No bashing at all. Honest questions.

6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm fine with all 3. The meadow scene is a nice relaxing section, and I especially love the music. The 'Sand' line is a nice bit of character linking, reminding us of Anakin's origins. The pear scene is just kind of funny (who uses a fork and knife to eat a pear?! ;))

7. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    @darkspine10

How do you feel about the Special Editions?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I like almost all the changes, particularly the CG added to the Yavin takeoff. I even prefer Jedi Rocks to the Lapti Nek scene, though the music itself is on the same level in both.

The only one I don't like was a change in the 2011 blu-ray edition of AOTC, which reordered a couple of shots at the end of the Dooku duel, butchering the pacing and even the soundtrack editing. It seems so jarring that I almost believe it was accidental.

Also, I could do without the ROTJ No, but it was alright when watched in sequence.

Jedi Knight Fett and Prime Jedi like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome our next person to be interviewed! @firesaber

[​IMG]

1.) how did you find the Jedi Council Forums?
    2.) What was the first Star Wars movie that you watched in theaters?
    3.) What is your favorite scene from the Prequels?
    4.) who is your favorite Star Wars character?
    5.) What is your favorite non Star Wars franchise?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  10. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    @firesaber

1) What's your favorite Prequel spaceship?
    2) Who is your favorite Bounty Hunter?
    3) Where are you from?
    4) Excited for the World Cup?

11. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    1.) how did you find the Jedi Council Forums?
    It was very much on accident. I was googling something about star wars and the Forums were in the top couple of hits. I was very much "ooh, what have we here". I lurked for a week or so before signing up. The part of the world I was in at the time and the people I was there with really didn't offer a SW conducive environment due to different interests. Have a place to share SW was a very welcome thing. I also very much enjoyed all the non SW conversations as well.

2.) What was the first Star Wars movie that you watched in theaters?

Return of the Jedi. I came into the saga bit late, surely I can be forgiven for only having been 6. It was all downhill from there (and backwards as I discovered SW and ESB backwards from there). I left the theatre simply captivated from what I saw and when my dad told me there were two other movies I immediately began to question what affront I had committed that had warranted him keeping this information from me. I made him pay for his transgressions as he immediately needed to secure both on VHS. I wore those damn things out.

3.) What is your favorite scene from the Prequels?

I have a couple but picking only one it would be the Obi-wan and Anakin duel. To see that visualized on the screen after having captivated my imagination for soo long was worth the price of admission alone for me.

4.) who is your favorite Star Wars character?

PT Light Side-Qui-Gonn. PT Dark Side-Dooku. OT Light Side-Luke. OT Dark Side-Vader. If I had to pick only one it would be Luke.

5.) What is your favorite non Star Wars franchise?

Indiana Jones though Battlestar Galactica is a close second.

12. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    1. ARC Fighters FTW

2. Am I terrible if I say Cad Bane?

3. Originally Massachusetts, USA but I forgot how to say Pahk the Cah in the Yahd along time ago though it still slips out from time if I am exited/angry.

4. Soccer ( I know, I know, "football") has never been my thing so I am not but I am happy when my friends are happy when their teams do well.

13. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    What's the funniest Star Wars line to you?

If you could erase one character from existence (films or EU), who would it be?

What's the silliest argument about Star Wars that you've ever seen?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  14. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    Of course not. Just read my user name. :D:D:D

Jedi Knight Fett and firesaber like this.
  15. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    Yoda in ESB. Awww, cannot get your ship out. It's just so juvenile and mocking. I laugh every time.

Jar Jar. I loved the prequels but for him.

Any arguments that involve people becoming apoplectic over violations of laws of physics while simultaneously ignoring a half dozen others for no other reason than it seemed cool to them. For example, losing their **** over X-Wings not having control surfaces/thrusters for space or atmospheric movements and aerobatics but being perfectly fine with telepathy, telekinesis, seeing the future, etc. These IRL discrepancies aren't lost on me but I'm in it for the ride of the story and would rather approach it from the Magic is science we don't understand yet. It's a fictional story in the first place and even if you did try to rationalize it the setting is one clearly more technologically advanced than we are. Roll with it.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    6.) What are your thoughts on Solo? If you have seen it. (Spoiler tag anything plot specific)

7.) George Lucas originally wanted to have other people direct the three films. Do you think this would have been better and who would you want?

8.) Who is your favorite backaround character in all of Star Wars?

9.) If you could make a film in the Star Wars franchise what would it be about?

10.) Who is your favorite Director? George Lucas excluded.

@firesaber

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.
  17. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    6.) What are your thoughts on Solo? If you have seen it. (Spoiler tag anything plot specific)
    I have not seen it as yet and am not in a hurry to, but I will see it. The thing keeping me from having seen it is that my personal journey in fandom neither needed this movie nor wanted it. I liked my Han background and origins just the way they were laid out in the original Brian Daley novels. With all the things that have made their way back into new canon I think a disservice was done to this character by not retaining more from these works. I may very well be surprised upon seeing it, but I will be waiting to be so.

7.) George Lucas originally wanted to have other people direct the three films. Do you think this would have been better and who would you want?
    He did do just that with two out of three of them of course, but for the first one, I don't think anyone but him could have done it. One of my major collecting joys are ephemera and publishing. One thing that becomes clear when you dig into all the history involving ANH is that NOBODY understood this movie other than GL. If someone other than he had directed ANH I don't think the studio would have continued to go along with it for one and I don't think his vision and tone would have been properly defined and carried through to where we are today with the OT. I think his ESB director choice was spot on but I somewhat lament the choice of Marquand for ROTJ and history does show us there were some struggles there. I think Spielberg would have been an amazing choice for any of the films of the Saga as he understands GL and his motivations and could have put out something wonderful.

8.) Who is your favorite backaround character in all of Star Wars?
    Dr. Evazan.

9.) If you could make a film in the Star Wars franchise what would it be about?
    Something along the lines of what we got in the Battlefront novels. A movie based around the formation of a platoon or squadron (rebel or imperial) that gave us a glimpse into their everyday life, unit cohesion, successes and failures. I could very much relate to that. Could you imagine a movie based around the X-Wing novels? Take. My. Money.

10.) Who is your favorite Director? George Lucas excluded.
    Stanley Kubrick. While by all accounts utterly maddening to work with, God the performances and he elicited and the tone and visuals of his movies. Few other directors have pulled me into a movie where I feel like I'm in that room or that setting that is being portrayed on screen.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) Have you ever thought of hanging up your “Star Wars fandom” and just leaving the movies?

12.) If you have seen any of the Star Wars shows weather that be Droids, Ewoks, CW, TCW, Rebels. Which is your favorite?

13.) What is the most daring thing you have done in life?

14.) If another company were to have bought Lucasfilm what Company do you think that could have been?

15.) What is your favorite animal?

Ava G. likes this.
  19. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    11.) Have you ever thought of hanging up your “Star Wars fandom” and just leaving the movies?
    I actually had from the mid 90s until right about the first release of the newer lights/sounds Millennium Falcon around 02/03? Life pretty much just got in the way. The reason why the MF had reignited my fandom was my wife was aware of the troubles my mom had when I was a child in either finding the original falcon back in the day or when she had found one we didn't have the money to score it. My mom was a huge enabler of my fandom when I was a kid and I have vivid memories of when we would visit the commissary on base when my dad tucked off to hit the package store ( a separate story) my mom would slip me some money to run in and score an action figure without my fathers knowledge. This required an incredible amount of pre-planning on my part for my age, as I had only minutes and had to know exactly what figure I wanted, where it was and be able to assess the line lengths to be able to beat my dad back to the car. My mom gave me this money from tips she worked waitressing and always held back at least half of her tips just for this purpose. So, when I came home from an overseas stint in 03 my wife had given me for Christmas that awesome Falcon release we had gotten, primarily as a gag gift and a nod to my mom who had passed away. Well, that reignited something in me and hundreds of figures, books, comics, etc later, here we are.

12.) If you have seen any of the Star Wars shows weather that be Droids, Ewoks, CW, TCW, Rebels. Which is your favorite?

For me it would have to be Droids if only due to nostalgia I had mentioned in another thread. The Droids release of the A-Wing and R2 with pop up lightsaber were the toys we were able to score, not the original releases. Other than that, I very much enjoyed the rest and am particularly fond of TCW and Rebels as I got to enjoy those with my sons, a joy I cannot adequately put into words.

13.) What is the most daring thing you have done in life?
    According to my wife, eventually working up the nerve to ask her out on the first date. Apparently I waited far too long and she knew all along how it was going to go [face_laugh] Other than that, I have been a fireman for 20 years and am sure there a number of things that could be considered "daring" that I would consider doing my job and what needed to be done.

14.) If another company were to have bought Lucasfilm what Company do you think that could have been?

I think any number of companies would have loved to but wouldn't have had the resources Disney did. That being said, Amblin Entertainment would have been an interesting choice.

15.) What is your favorite animal?
    Dolphins

20. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    @firesaber

5) Which countries have you been to?

6) Favorite Star Wars planet?

Ava G. likes this.
  21. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    5. In no particular order: Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Dubai, Iraq, England, Germany, Italy, France, Turkey, Thailand, Netherlands, Jordan and Spain.

6. Coruscant. I love the idea of a planet wide metropolis, all the layers and the glimpses into the lives of those whom live in those different levels. Such an extrapolated view of what we deal with IRL where people can live in the "same place" but not really and have vastly different life experiences and challenges. I almost cried when the 1313 game was cancelled.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Represent!

firesaber likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    16.) Do you play any video games? If so what is your favorite game?
    17.) There are two new “series” of films that have been announced for Star Wars one by Rian Johnson and another by the creators of GOT show? Which one are you looking forward to the most?
    18.)Are you looking forward to Star Wars Resistance the new animated show airing this fall?
    19.) What actor do you think have the most underrated performance in the Prequel Trilogy
    20.) What Star Wars character would you like to see more of?

@firesaber

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.
  24. firesaber

Mar 5, 2006
    16. I do when I have the time and am home with the family. Favorites would be Halo, all the Battlefronts, CoD series, any Lego game and Tetris.

17. While it seems like a weak answer I'm looking equally forward to them both. My excitement may shift to one or the other when I know more about what direction they will be going. RJ was quoted in IGN as saying his will "introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored." I'm intrigued by that as I'm not sure if he is referring to SW lore only in the movies or overall. To me that could imply something even outside of the old/new EU.

18. I am. I very much like how they keep exploring storylines in the animated features and look forward to weekly feeding of my needs when it airs.

19. Frankly, Hayden Christensen. He's taken a lot of **** over the years but I think he played that character exactly as it needed to be played. People are shocked that a child grown up in slavery, fatherless, dropped into a magical world with powers he doesn't understand and the people around him failing to see every warning sign about how he was adjusting to those powers along with the loss of the only thing he ever loved (Shmi), socially awkward with no point of reference to relationships or sex and dreading the loss of the second person he ever loved would be a poorly adjusted, whining ragemonster? [face_dunno]

20. If we were still in the old EU I would have loved to have seen more of where the Clone Commando's journey took them after the war and into the new war for those who didn't jump ship. That will never happen so I am hungry for the story of Luke setting up his academy and what he and his students got up to (adventures) if any and what the training looked like.

Ava G., B3, Valency Jane and 2 others like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    21.) Do you collect anything?

22.) Do you like memes? If so what is your favorite one you have seen? (Related to Star Wars)

23.) If there was one thing you could do to change the Star Wars Community what would you do?

24.) The next two spinoff movies seem to be about Boba Fett and Obi Wan. Do those excite you?

25.) Who is your favorite Sith?

@firesaber

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.