main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 It's official Star Wars Celebration - April 11-15 2019 Chicago

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Bounty Hunter is just what they are calling a single day Thursday ticket (they are $20 cheaper than other days).

A VIP, 5 day or bounty hunter pass will get you in.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Under adult on day passes, it confirms no Thursday panels.

Probably a good bet the IX panel is Friday.

Pretty good idea of what it will look like;
    [​IMG]

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Price is a bit higher than I expected for the general admission, I thought they would stay just under the $200, but VIP is cheaper than I expected, I thought they would cross into $1000.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks like sales tax for the city of Chicago is 10.25%, so keep that in mind for tickets. Orlando was 6.5%.

That would make 5 days $237 and VIP $937 plus any service fees.

They said on Twitter you can buy up to 8 5-day tickets at once.

5. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I have never got VIP tickets before. It will be me and my 3 kids. When you buy them can you buy more then 1 at a time?

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Edited: limit of 4

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oh man... I'm hoping to have the chance to splurge on VIP tickets. That'd be really special. Any idea who the meet and greet guest might be? Who has it been previously, if they've done it?

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It will likely be a Lucasfilm person. Filoni, Chiang and Knoll have done it in the past.

Gamma626 likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    VIP odds plummet. They tweeted a limit of 4 VIP tickets.

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Ooooh now THAT is a treat... I'd love that. Well, im crossing my fingers. Hopefully I have the chance. I'll settle just for a single day if need be, but I hope I can! :)

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't do it in Orlando because it overlapped with the Mark Hamill Carrie Fisher tribute panel, but it's basically a Q&A in the VIP lounge.

12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, with an arena that size, at least the overnight queue will be a lot more fun and relaxed with everyone knowing that they'll get in, instead of everyone trying to compete with each other and making it all stressful. And for some people, they likely wouldn't even need to line up overnight and can just show up early morning and still get a seat, which would again alleviate a lot of stress for people. That should at least be some consolation for those that don't get VIP.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, that helps. Also, it's hard to say if The Last Jedi hangover hurting Solo will see any impact at Celebration. I don't think it will though.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    And the amount of people who have now decided they won't be attending SWC as a direct result of their feelings towards TLJ is so small anyway, it wouldn't even matter.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah. I want to Celebration during the prequel era and didn't notice any effect. For the most part, the OT only fans aren't the ones going to Celebration.

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I think you would see more people decide not to come because they were saving for Galaxies Edge over people not going because of TLJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I just posted something very similar to this on my blog. With Thursday's later finish and the 10k seater arena the overnight queue shouldn't reach capacity anywhere near as quickly as it did last year.

I'm sure that after last year there will be some who skip Thursday to queue and there will be more people there earlier, basically panic queuing after last year's craziness, but there shouldn't be the same capacity concerns.

The store will be crazy on Thursday but with no panels it's the best time for non-VIPs to get it done ahead of the main Celebration. My advice would be to try and grab a lightspeed pass at opening unless you are right at the front of the main queue (provided they offer them on Thursday).

VIP is interesting. They've upped the maximum number you can buy to 4 per person and nothing on the site about how limited it is, just call it a "VIP package". I know they didn't reveal numbers for Orlando either but did they call it limited? I'm just thinking (more like hoping) that they may have increased the number, even if only slightly.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They just said limited for VIP in Orlando.

I think they way it will break down is VIPs will get the floor seats, campers will get lower level and morning people will get uppers.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    All the floor seats would be a heck of a lot of VIPs!

Thanks for the update on Orlando. Definitely interesting that they dropped the "limited" from the description.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I did a rough count based on the picture I posted and would say there's roughly 1,500 floor seats in that pic. Now there's also reserved seats for media, celeb families and Lucasfilm employees, but it's possible (along with the 4 ticket limit) that they did increase the number some.

I was just doing a rough estimate on the breakdown though. Some campers very well may make the floor and that's assuming a standard concert setup.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    That makes me think they're offering more than the guessed at 300 per event.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope so. They'd have to double it to keep the same odds. There's going to be a lot of people who buy four to scalp them.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Ir was a limit of 2 last time. They were limited to only 250 people too. I am curious how many they will have this time. I'm guessing it will be a lot more than 250 for them to increase the limit.

24. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    So glad Celebration is finally coming within a few hours distance of me. I'm going to buy tickets soon when they launch. It's going to be an overwhelming and at times underwhelming fan experience I'm sure. But I gotta experience it.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Nice! Have you done any kind of comic con before?