main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Poll: Favourite Solo Character

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jordan1Kenobi , May 24, 2018.

?

Who was your favourite Solo character?

1. Han Solo

69 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Chewbacca

40 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Lando Calrissian

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Qi’ra

27 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Tobias Beckett

17 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Dryden Vos

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. L3-37

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. Enfys Nest

30 vote(s)
    12.9%
  9. Val

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Rio Durant

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    After about five days deliberation, I've come to the decision that my favorite character of "Solo: A Star Wars Story" is Enfys Nest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    That's a good question. It's probably a toss-up between Han, Lando, Qi'ra, and Nest for me. I'm not quite sure which one I'd got with right now?

3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Unpopular opinion, but I'm gonna have to say Rio Durant. I was very disappointed he kicked the bucket early.

4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I really liked Qi'ra, I found her to be a more intriguing character than Han and Emilia Clarke brought her to life wonderfully.

5. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    In addition to the humor, the excellent character work was another area where Kasdan's touch was evident. There wasn't a slouch among them.

The old characters reminded me why I love them (Han, Lando, Chewie) and the new characters made me care about their fate (Qi'ra, Beckett, L3). The "weakest" characters (Val, Vos) were still well-defined, well-acted and effectively served their story function. Even the bit players made me want to see more of them (Enfys Nest, Rio).

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  6. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I can''t believe I'm saying this, but my favorite character was Han. First time in a Star Wars movie where the lead is my favorite character (well, maybe except ROTJ). Impressive job by Alden Ehrenreich! Chewie, Qi'ra, Beckett, and Dryden were great as well. I don't think there were any bad characters in this one to be honest.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    wobbits likes this.
  7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    That wasn't a female wookie. His name is Sagwa- Savareen is the name of the planet the film ended on.

whostheBossk and Bor Gullet like this.
  8. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    I honestly can’t choose. If there was one thing this movie was incredibly strong on, it was characters. You can’t lose with Han and Chewie as leads, but all the supporting characters were A-1 too. Lando, Qi-ra, Beckett, Enfys Nest, Rio, Val, Dryden Vos, L3, all the other little cameos. Yeah, even that one at the end.

I think it’s easier to choose characters that didn’t quite work, and the weakest appeared in the Correlia sequence at the beginning of the movie. Proxima was really kind of lame, as were her henchman. Beyond that, I have no complaints, except for the fact that Val was underused and disposed of far too early and easily for the purposes of plot expediency.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    That wasn't a female wookie. His name is Sagwa- Savareen is the name of the planet the film ended on.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, that was it, it was a fleeing name called out that I didn't quite catch. Not a female then? That's cool, a bit of diversity in design sits well with me.

I'll be looking out for him on my second viewing, I liked that whole breakout bit. Great to finally see Wookies go to town on their slavers.

10. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    People liked Enfys Nest a lot, I'm surprised. I was just "meh".

Sarge, MaciekRS and cookeycat like this.
  11. datatapes

datatapes Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2016
    It's tough, but I've gone for Enfys.
    A lot of great characters.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    It was the best Chewie appearance of the lot. Joonas has really nailed this current iteration of Chewbacca, as he seems to be bringing a very natural, subtle performance. As said though, I'm a bit disappointed that some of Chewie's best / funniest bits were only in the TV spots and not the final cut.

They also got Chewie's look just right in this one too. He looks a bit different every time, but his overly shaggy look in Solo was one of the best aesthetically in my opinion.

I can totally understand why most people who meet "Chewie" as a character in costume go to hug him as their first instinct.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    SunStar and Bor Gullet like this.
  13. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    After seeing it twice now and reading the Enfys Nest thread, she became my new favorite (sorry Lando you are still great!). I feel she just had that X factor. I didn’t choose her initially because she felt underused but now I just want more!

14. DarthPinoy

DarthPinoy Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2014
    Chewie!

BTW: Rio was actually kinda cool, but because he was too similar to that racoon from GOTG he had to go...

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Han, times a million. Harrison Ford's Han Solo is my favorite fictional character of all time, and Alden Ehrenreich nailed a younger, more idealistic take on him. I couldn't be more pleased with his performance. The perfect mix of earnest vulnerability and projected braggadocio.

16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Given how difficult a task & how much baggage he had to carry into this role, for Alden's Han to easily top a poll like this is somewhat miraculous.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's a miracle. :p

[​IMG]

18. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Yep, considering the reaction to him following the trailers I think it is.

19. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I think a lot of that probably comes down to early skepticism being washed aside once his full performance was witnessed.
    I must admit, I was one one of the skeptics. I didn't like the grin, I thought his features were a little too square, the hair too bouffant, the voice not very good, he's too short etc etc

However, watching him and seeing what he did with the role, I think he did great. He looked like a young Han Solo (right down to the sideburns) and gave a performance that made me forget about Alden and just see "Han". And so what more can you ask?

SunStar likes this.
  20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Where's my guy Maul on this poll?

21. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Alden proved to many you can recast any character in cinema history and succeed, even Indiana Jones. That’s how much I liked him as Han Solo.

22. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Lando was awesome. Glover really nailed the role. Quite a few times, I could have sworn it was Billy Dee Williams speaking instead of Glover. I loved his mannerisms, as well. Alden was great as Han, and I loved the interaction between them, especially at the end. I'd love to see a sequel.

Sarge, SunStar and Mr. Forest like this.
  23. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Qi'ra and Enfys

Mr. Forest likes this.
  24. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I had to fix my post because my typo sounded like making claims of others, which was not my intention. Also cleared up some grammatical issues (at least I hope so).

I definitely want to see more of these two in the future.

25. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Top 4
    4. Han
    3. Qi'ra
    2. Landó
    1. Chewie