main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Do you get insulted if people don`t like the Star Wars movies?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Feologild, May 27, 2018.

1. Feologild

Feologild Jedi Knight

Nov 9, 2016
    This may be a silly question, but i am asking it anyway

Do you get insulted when people don`t like any of the Star Wars movies?

christophero30 likes this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Not at all... There are multiple franchises I wouldn't watch in a million years no matter how much people professed their love for them! :cool:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Alpha Spook and christophero30 like this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    No. I do find it perplexing when people have never seen any of them.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Short rope for this thread. @anakinfansince1983

I dont get insulted as everyone is entitlled to their own opinion. Not everyone in the world has to like Star Wars. I have a ton of friends who dont. What annoys the crap out of me are those who troll and those who start questioning other peoples likes/dislikes usually based on unsubstantiated and uncorrborated reasons.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, short rope. Any complaints about other fans and the padlock comes out.

I don’t get insulted, because I don’t give a **** if people share my taste in fiction. I care about their real-world sociopolitical and moral views.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't get insulted, but I do burn down their house.

7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I don't get insulted but I don't speak for my bazooka.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s their choice. We all have our own tastes in movies so it’s just a whatever to me.

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. InnerSanctum

InnerSanctum Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2018
    I don’t get insulted, but, if they’re old enough to have seen the OT in theaters (especially the 1977 original), and didn’t, and especially if they still haven’t after 40+ years of opportunity, I might be a bit amazed. Other than that, I just feel sorry for anyone who hasn’t seen them yet. I feel sorrier for people who’ve seen them (or at least one) but didn’t like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palp_Faction likes this.
  10. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I don't get insulted at such things. I might get annoyed if people say they don't like the movies when they haven't seen them, and are basing their opinion on stereotypes about fans or uninformed assumptions about the movies. Still, I won't fly off the handle about it; that's a waste of time and effort.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Nope. Even though I like most of the SW movies I'd probably still agree with said person on some reasons they don't care for the series.

12. ChillCaladbolg

ChillCaladbolg Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2017
    Only if they express it in an insulting way. So not usually, no.

BookExogorth likes this.
  13. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    I'm aware that "Star Wars" is a largely Generation-X, maybe late Baby Boomer cultural phenomenon. Older Millennials might be into it if they grew up with the Prequels. If people aren't into it, and they're under 30 and over 60, they get a pass.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    No, I don't expect everyone to like the same things.

christophero30 and Master_Rebado like this.
  15. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

THIS

Iron_lord and christophero30 like this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    No, that would be silly. I just had a conversation with someone in my Taekwondo class about this last night, she doesn't understand the appeal of Star Wars - but she was never condescending or treated me like I was dumb for liking it or anything, she just didn't get it. Much like how I don't get not liking Star Wars - but I'd never feel insulted for someone not liking something I do.

17. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Not in the least. Haters gonna hate. Star Wars fans gonna Star Wars fan. It truly is balance.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't get insulted if they don't like SW. Heck, my wife doesn't like SW! What I do feel insulted by is when some individuals (like certain people I know who are arrogant %&@s in general) act like I'm childish for liking SW so much, and address me with a kind of condescending tone and whatnot...Kind of the "Oh, you like Star Wars? That's cute!" mentality. I do hate that.

19. Darth Boycs

Darth Boycs Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2018
    This. I've never seen a LOTR or HP film, and have no intention of doing so. My friends who are nuts about these don't think any less of me. Nor do I think any less of people who dislike SW. It's a big world after all.

Avnar likes this.
  20. Dude111

Dude111 Jedi Knight

Sep 26, 2017
    I know alot who only like the 3 original movies so i understand if they dont like anything else... (I pretty much only care for the original 3 movies)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    No. The fact is there are many movie franchises that have people clinging to them. I like many series of movies, but I am not going to be bothered with someone who has not seen a movie of the franchise or series. What gets me insulted is those who have no sense of humor and take that franchise seriously.

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Nope. I think it's a bit weird when people haven't seen the originals, but it's nothing i'd get upset over.

23. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    No, but my brother does. Or rather, he becomes incredulous, as it his firm belief that it is impossible for a rational human being not to like Star Wars. True story.

24. BrotherKylo

BrotherKylo Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    No, but i prefer to like it by myself because people talk about certain things or timelines and Im still learning about it all. lol

25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    People do find it curious that I like both Star Trek and Star Wars. Like I have to pick one or something.

BookExogorth and PadawanGussin like this.