main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 It's official Star Wars Celebration - April 11-15 2019 Chicago

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    We also don't know how many rooms are in the block. There's another con at McCormick Place that runs through Thursday. I'm sure they have some number of rooms at the Hyatt. We also know some people were savvy enough to book the Hyatt when the announcement was made.

So while the Hyatt has 1,200 rooms, it's probably safe to say the number of rooms in the block is under 1,000. How much under that is hard to say.

Edit: I looked and that other con has 75 hotels each available at the Hyatt and Marriott. Before you get any ideas, the dates for those blocks don't stretch throughout Celebration.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004

3. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Early access has been going on for several Cele's. example, Orlando, an older couple, VIP holders, said that since they were previous VIP's, they got early notice, even so, they had to scramble and had friends and family on the site all at once and were able to secure their VIP's that way! they did this with the London Cele. too! I called Reed about this and they said that previous VIP ticket holders were given first offer for the tickets,all left over(Ha-Ha!) tickets went on the normal ticket offer time! this procedure is not announced to us regular people.(no offense intended, I'm regular!)

4. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Again, there have been multiple people here, on facebook, on reddit, and on twitter that all say they have been VIP in the past and haven't been privy to an early sale since C4. "Announced to the regular people" or not, everyone would know if this were the case.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They also told you it was going to be in Orlando this time.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I smell something... [face_thinking]

7. BrotherKylo

BrotherKylo Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I wish I could go but definitely looking forward to the livestreams!

8. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I got a definitive answer from Reed in email. While this is disappointing (I was VIP last time) it is not unexpected. They stopped the presale before Anaheim I think.

"Star Wars Celebration CS (RX)
    11:25 AM (0 minutes ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me

Hi Greg,

Good day.

Please be advised that there is no pre-selling of tickets. All tickets will be sold on June 5, 2018. You can purchase 4 VIP tickets per transaction.

Thanks,

Customer Service"

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Ugh, I feel like that's going to encourage scalpers. Should have limited VIP to 2 tickets.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, there's going to be a lot on the secondary market.

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I saw some VIP passes going for $5,000 on ebay last Celebration.

And you know there's people who have stronger bandwidth and faster WiFi for the specific purpose of beating out others in getting limited tickets like this.

12. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Hmmm, Reed was deceiving! I wonder why that person said Orlando next year? I thought it sounded very strange. but, did you see how fast the VIP tickets went this time? I also saw how fast the hotels went? I know people were not given previous notice on that! it's all in the technology this time-speed and keen machines and smart people!

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Your connection speed definitely helps but I think with this many people and this limited supply it comes down to pure luck. I missed VIP and the connecting hotels and a friend of mine managed to get both. We weren't doing anything different, just simple luck of refreshing just at the right moment and getting through.

Padme501st likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's definitely more luck than anything.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Has anyone found out how many VIP tickets were available? only Masters or Knights? it seems like a couple more goodies, if you want to call them that, were added to the list.I think our computer is slow, will have to fix that!

16. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I am going to apologize first for what I'm going to text. This is not aimed at no particular SW fan.
    I was a VIP holder for CV/CVI. The second time around I was given a limited amount of time to purchase the ticket via special thread.
    Yes, it was a convenience, yes I took advantage of it. ReedPOP/SW folks are guaranteed to sell out those VIP tickets in seconds for the exclusive privilege. CVII, I was contacted again but I refrained from buying one. I honestly did not like walking ahead of a line
    to get an autograph while others stood in line for hours waiting patiently. I'm no fool, but I do have a kind heart. Later, I gave
    a couple of strangers one of my special "first in line cards". At the time, I had four of them. Enough said.

Tuesday, June 5, 12:00CDT/1:00CDT was one of the most trying times I've ever had in procuring my 5-day ticket (with all the extra's), hotel room and transport for Celebration Chicago 2019. I was exhausted, yet exhilarated at the same time. No, none of this is
    easy but to know that we are so willing to go through hoops to be engaged with one another for a genre we love. I am always
    asked is it worth the anxiety and stress just to be one more fan attending a SW Celebration. When I attended my first Celebration, I heard all the negative stories prior to my experience. But once you are there, the atmosphere will hit you, you're making friends with fans whom you don't know, you're in costume, and the sharing continues until the last day when it's time to go home. Now, ask that same question. Was it all worth it? And I say . . . you bet your granny's sweet gravy it was!

Gamma626, ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I didn't think you said anything out of line. Thanks for being part of the conversation :)

EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  18. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    It is indeed my pleasure.

19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    When I attend a Cele. it's as if all my worries go away for a bit. I don't know all the thousands of fans but it seems like we do know everyone!, it's like a buzz in the air, no stress, a feeling of acceptance, safety, no judgement, like one big family. it's as if all our brains were connected together and forms a "force bubble' in the Cele. place. Has anyone else felt that?

20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I've never been to Celebration, but I have been to San Diego Comic Con. I went twice, 2011 and 2012. That is absolutley the con feeling. It's an incredible feeling to be among people just as passionate and loving for something as you are. I haven't been to a con since 2012, and I've frankly never quite felt as whole as I did then. They are, without a doubt, life altering experiences.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you're still dithering on Celebration, don't dither too long. TFN Main says the five day passes are 90% sold out.

22. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm ready for this, got ticket and hotel! I went to SDCC in 2009 and the atmosphere was excitement! tons of people there! huge variety of genre, a half mile "con crawl' down the middle of the building! I got out of that quick! I door jumped to where I wanted. but the spirit was be quick, watch out(or you may get your eye poked out if you get too close to some people!)but people as a whole were friendly. but S.W.celes. are very unique, the Force is with us!

23. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
  24. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Just saw in the other thread, that's crazily quick. No way anyone predicted this level of demand before they went on sale!

Adult Saturday are 60% gone as well!

25. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    But I thought Star Wars was dead tho