main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Gotten Crimson almost as soon as Mars was opened up and that’s pretty much it. Finally got V Wing which imo is much better in pve over PvP. Been trying all day to get one last strike win for engrams and it’s just not happening. Glass is really fun but it’s brutal on certain ones and if you have dumb mates. I refuse to do if Blackout is on. Finally joined a clan..2 days passed since and I left it for another invite I got as I was the only one putting points/member on. I’m pretty pissed off about the Faction Rally/account wide crap. When I play I play on 3 toons...I don’t get why people wanted this setup. I think they may regret wanting this “meaningful choice” in the end.

2. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    You have to find a clan that is huge with open membership. I'm with Raidsecrets, and we have slots open up occasionally. A big clan like that blows through the XP requirements pretty fast.

Currently just trying to creep my way up to be able to actually complete Escalation Protocol.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Reset my Valor last night.

Have several catalysts need doing - two are in PVP.

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m on lvl 3-1

The bow looks like it ll be fun. More enemy reskins. Go figure...

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I've managed to only do 5 EP completions, and got nothing but shaders and two armor pieces for my trouble. This is in nine men groups where maybe only one or two got a weapon drop. as I stated elsewhere, the RNG Lords are cruel and brutal on this thing.

@JEDI-SOLO, I think you must be using Vigilance Wing wrong, as it has always been one of the top dogs in the PVP meta. Masterworking it increases its already proven lethality a few notches. I'd rather run that and not bother with grinding for a Masterworked Graviton.

So...Forsaken. Thoughts? I'm very intrigued with what I'm seeing but have been running arguments with myself regarding the price point of the DLC & annual pass. I can easily spend more than $70 having dinner out with my wife on one evening vs. the hundreds of hours I'll spend playing. Money and value aren't the issue. But is Bungie worthy of my money - even if it's a pittance compared to what other folks spend on Fartnite and other F2P games - after such a series of missteps within the past 12 months?

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I have no intention of buying it. After all the BS we've been through, it is inexcusable to ask for another $40 or $70 for the annual pass.

plus, you need both expansions to play Forsaken. So that's an extra $20, for those who just brought D2 vanilla.

Chewgumma likes this.
  7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, forcing folks to buy CoO is a supremely dick move. But Bungo are experts in pulling dick moves. I'd wager that the intent is to keep CoO and Warmind strikes in the rotation and not having to do the extra legwork required to exclude them from a portion of the playerbase.

But I'm on the hype train and I'll plunk the money come September.

And so will you. :p

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m gonna get it cause I want to use a sniper bow(potentially since they are coming in different ranges) and supposedly IB will actually become IB again. I liked Warmind well enough. I said if it was just as bad as CoO I would likely be done.

Still though we should not have had to wait this long just to possibly get back where we were at in D1. I can understand why some will pass.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    And they'll come back. Because if there's one constant with us Destiny players, is that we can't stay away. Especially those that fill the interwebs with "dead game" ****posts.

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Void Hunter/Warlock look cool! I could careless about Titan on what I’ve seen. That Hunter though will be a cool Bladedancer rip. Speaking of that I put on D1 for 1st time in 6 months. Felt weird. I got spanked in PvP. Kept pulling my heavy out when I wanted to snipe. That layout killed me a lot. I was lost on maps I damn well know to... I just forgot when to duck down or what point of a pillar I need to go behind...I got domed a lot.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I've cancelled my XBOX Live membership.

So, I won't be buying it.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Mmm-hmm...

See you in September. :p

13. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I think the expansion looks great but honestly, the more they described the rituals and hobbies they're adding in the Vidoc, I just kept seeing my already fleeting free time vanishing before my eyes.

I don't think I can casually play Destiny at this point, I need to obsessively touch all aspects. If I don't buy it, it will be because of the time it would demand.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Tell me about it. I really haven't been able to grind Faction Rally because of limited time. That and, well, doing patrols+public events+lost sectors ad nauseaum with that stupid debuff on is boring and annoying AF.

BLemelisk likes this.
  15. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I had a great time the first night of the rallies trying out the new mechanics, seeing the shield on your back and stuff. Then when I realized what I'd need to actually commit to in trying to get to level 50 on ONE faction (Dead Orbit), let alone my true homies in FWC, I basically full-stopped on the rally haha.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I still don’t get why people wanted this one pledge at a time crap. It’s stupid. Hope this is put back right..

I liked the challenge of Reknown on day 1&2 but it makes things difficult on the simplest enemies. I get rid of it when I get it now.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The grind for max 50 was an unrelentingly brutally boring gameplay loop. But that said, there's something to be said about charging into a lost sector boss, weaker than usual, and with death if you mess up being quite punishing in terms of the reward you get. It made for some exhilarating moments when giving a boss the one two punch of super and Ikelos shotty to the face. Still, I wish all activities in the game would be equally rewarding, even if it made for a longer or tougher grind than the patrol+public event+lost sector combo.

And, yeah, this happened last night...

18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I got to lvl 15. Still not a bit happy with the change.

Don’t even know what to think about the vid. It’s prob misdirection but even if it’s true I don’t care if Uldren is the main baddie. I’m not worried about Cayde.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The Bungie guys at E3 stated that it isn't misdirection nor that a reboot to a Cayde-7 is likely. After all, Uldren is shown blowing away Cayde's Ghost before the headshot.

But really, given their obsession with the number 7 and Cayde, how is that believable? The cynical part of me is that it's just a hook to get folks riled up and motivated to buy the DLC and that this thing they showed last night will be undone. After all, Bungie has had a nasty habit of...bending the truth about their releases when at E3.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Have played 1 whole match of IB thanks to the frustrating Persona 5 I bought earlier this week. Feels strange. If I don’t get in gear I’m gonna be way underpowered when the real IB finally gets here. Only in 350’s now.

21. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Finally got to rank 50 with Dead Orbit for the Graviton Lance catalyst and ‘Gaze Beyond Worlds’ ornament. What a hideous grind. I never want to play Destiny 2 again.

Or at least... for a while.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m not sure why the rally is here again already. I hate renoun on my toons so much. The rewards are the exact same damn guns as last time. Sigh I’m already over the rally. Would play a bit more if not for this stupid ass one pledge per account BS.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I figure Bungie wants to give folks as many chances as possible to get those catalyst before September. As a solo player, I barely managed to get my New Monarchy rep to 50 last time around. I think I could do it again this week but the grind is just so tediously boring, I'm not sure I have it in me to do so again, even if using all three toons.

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Got my IB S3 ornaments unlocked on Tuesday and I have no desire to keep going or even grinding milestones to Power up. I’m now in a different spot on if I ll even get Y2 dlc.. all the negative attention Bungie is getting since E3 is really registering for me now. Anthem, Division 2, and now(though always) Warframe latest info drop all saying their DLC will be free would have me worried if I was Bungie. $ isn’t a problem for me but still after the last month I’m like how dare they when all this other stuff is going to be free.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Not to sound like a Bungie shill but...

Anthem: Published by EA. I can only trust them as far as I can throw them (not at all). Right now all they want to do is build hype. Eventually, once they sell he desired copies, the shoe will drop and we'll see what kind of monetization schemes they'll implement in the game. In any case, the hype hasn't taken hold on me.

Division 2: Published by equally shady Ubisoft. They're no saints as far as I'm concerned. If people liked the first game as it was when it launched, that's fine, but it did not appeal to me at all. The free DLC is just a hook to build hype. Like with Anthem, later on we'll see what monetization schemes come about.

Warframe: Although the guys at DE are great, it's still a free to play game and monetization will always be an issue. Sure, you can technically play throughout the game without spending a cent, but not if you want to eventually acquire many new weapon and frame slots. I'm well aware that you can play the in-game and third app plat market, but I sincerely don't have the patience to haggle when all I want to do is play the game. But as cool as the gameplay is, there's some stuff (i.e. the terrible new player experience, the grind, the items that seem to be completely unavailable to complete a weapon or frame you want, the limited and repetitive missions) that leaves me just a bit unsatisfied with the experience.

I know Bungie has ****** up royally with D2 and many have been the questionable decisions they've made in the past five years. Yet, at this stage of my gaming life, the gameplay and the universe appeals to me quite unlike any other game I've previously played. I don't mind the entry fee because I've spent many more that amount of money in games that ultimately disappointed me and even other RL stuff that has been considerable more fleeting than the time and experiences I've had with this series. And all that without feeling the need to spend any cent on silver.

Plus, I want to see what happens next. and I definitely want to put that Ace of spades in Uldren's head and maybe even his sister if it comes to that. XD