main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 It's official Star Wars Celebration - April 11-15 2019 Chicago

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    In terms of of ticket purchases, I am at a lost here. Does this mean that if SW Fans wait until
    April 11, 2019, they'll be able to buy 5 - day Adult tickets for $225.00 at the door? Or, is there a
    limit on those tickets. Even the children's 5 - day tickets are SOLD OUT!

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    No. Star Wars is not dead. It just went home.

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Once they are sold out, they are gone. None at the door.

EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  4. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Thank you for responding so quickly! I didn't know that.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If I recall correctly they did release some more single day adult tickets for London in 2016 closer to the date. No new release for VIP or 3-day though.

6. Rabin_Lorac

Rabin_Lorac Jedi Master

Nov 19, 2011
    Whoever planned this should be fired immediately. After only a couple of days it is sold out. So obviously it is not a big enough venue. They should have staggered the ticket sales. Do you think that every person is following this this stuff to the day that wants to go? So obviously if you are not on 24 hour celebration news watch you miss out on going for the complete celebration. It is a complete waste to go only 1 or 2 days because the lines themselves cumulatively waste a whole day. I am not happy at all. Last Jedi destroyed Luke, Solo lost money, and now this?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    @Rabin_Lorac: It is not sold out. Only 5 day passes. Go on facebook. They are adament that nothing is different, nothing has changed. The demand is much higher. It is what it is. There's nothing we can do.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    SDCC is worse. They said it's the same number of tickets as Orlando. When demand is high, stuff sells out. Holding it in a place with a few hundred thousand people would just be a nightmare.

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    From everything being said the same number of 5 day badges were available for this as there were 4 days for Orlando. They've just seen a much higher increase in demand than anyone expected. They announced the event (and sale date) 3 weeks before tickets went on sale on their website, the Star Wars Show and across social media. They then announced yesterday the 5 day badges were close to selling out to give people a heads up. I'm not sure what else they could really do

As MotivateR5D4 says, the event isn't sold out, you can still get tickets for all 5 days. It sucks that it will cost more but that's always been the case with Celebration and almost every other major convention.

Gamma626 and redxavier like this.
  10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    As mentioned, people can till get tickets for all 5 days, but for each individual day. It comes out a bit more expensive that way, but still doable. I got individual day passed for all days for SWCE London in 2016 cause the rest was sold out.

On the bright side, with individual day-tickets, one gets to collect more pretty artwork badges. ;)

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Adult Saturday tickets will probably be the next to go - they are 60% sold out per the Twitter feed (as of 2 hours ago).

12. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I can't fathom how in one celebration it takes 10 months to sell out, and the next 2 days. Something strange is happening here.

13. ThanksBates82

ThanksBates82 Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2003
    There really isn't anything else they could do. McCormick place is one of the biggest venues in the nation, and they gave ample notice for nearly everything.

14. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    Hello! I found your crazy active forum a few weeks ago when googling around for Celebration stuff, finally worked up the nerve to make an account. I've really enjoyed reading the 2019 threads.

It's absolutely insane how fast the tickets went, with the 5-day passes selling out in 2 days. Even the hotels were really rough and I was technically "early" in line for them. I was cranky I didn't get an attached hotel but realized afterwards I was really lucky to get "anything". :) Glad I bought my 5-day tickets yesterday.

For anyone else wondering, they confirmed there will be no 4-day tickets/passes.
    After 5-day sells out, will you be offering 4-days for Friday-Monday? "The only ticket options are the 5-day ticket and single day tickets." - Twitter

By any chance is anyone here attending who is a fan of SWTOR?

I've been putting together a list of resources about past celebrations so people an daydream and get an idea of what the 2019 celebration might be like. I hope it's ok to link here, please let me know if not and I'll remove the link :)
    If anyone knows of any other cool resources from past conventions please let me know I'd love to add them!! I'ee been using them to link people to asking questions on the subreddit/Discord. I haven't been to a SWCC yet but I am a Master Googler :D

Link1130, MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Welcome to our crazy place!

And I’m playing SWTOR at the moment! Finally got round to playing through the story and I’ve really enjoyed it so far.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ welcome!

We love speculating here, being wrong and then speculating some more!

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    @Swtorista - Our sister site Rebelscum has done survival guides for past Celebrations. Drop rebelscum celebration survivors guide into Google and you should see some links.

18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm proud that that's what we've created here. Welcome!

19. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

Awesome! If you are still playing come 2019 there is supposed to be a SWTOR-focused event during the night time of one of the nights that's free to attend.

THAT'S AWESOME THANK YOU! Definitely one for the link collection!!!

ChrisLyne and LAJ_FETT like this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They will probably do one for Chicago as we get closer to the date so keep an eye out for it.

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Cool, thanks!

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome it's great to see new people here. And I like being a part of a crazy forum!

Try to keep general chatter in the social thread though, so we can keep this thread for more info and announcements.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Location, most likely. One assumes that more local fans in the midwest who couldn't travel far for the others are jumping at this one. By comparison, the last 5 SWCs were on the coasts, with 3 of those being in Orlando, so there's less motivation for local fans to hit it as a "must go" event.

I'm actually surprised they're offering the same number of passes, given all the problems last time and the (apparently more limited) hotel options this time. But I suppose "higher attendance" outweighs attendee complaints from a marketing perspective.

Gamma626 likes this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Apart from the entry queue nightmare on Thursday, the capacity complaints for Orlando were centred on the panels rather than the event as a whole (which they're attempting to address by using the arena). I can't speak from experience as I wasn't there, but based on that I'd think that show floor capacity was fine so they've no need to reduce the overall attendance numbers.

25. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    It's a trap!