main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oh, I'll be keeping an eye out for sure. Mark is my #1 "gotta get". I'll have to see who else attends. Felicity and Hayden would both be up there if they attended.

KyloSpence likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I got photos with all three in Orlando (along with Tudyk). Expensive, but worth it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    My only advice on photos and autographs would be - if you want it and can afford it, get it. Don't wait for next time.

I got Mark's photo op at CE2016 and planned to get Carrie's next time because I didn't want to spend that much money. In terms of everything I spent on and at Celebration, Carrie's photo op wouldn't have really broke the bank. Now I'll never get that chance. So I would always say go for it if you can afford it.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, always get them when you can because you never know. Plus prices only keep rising year after year. I believe Mark was $295 at NYCC last year.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I imagine there are a lot of people who feel that way about missing out on Carrie.

And the reality is that a lot of those OT Star Wars actors are getting up there in age. So this is going to be a constant debate for SW fans from here on out on whether they should spring for the autographs/photo-ops when they are offerred, or if they can wait for another Celebration.

Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that if you want to get Tiya Sircar's (Rebels Sabine Wren) autograph, Official Pix are doing a private signing. Hit the link to find out more information.

Gamma626 likes this.
  7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Indeed, always get what you can. You never know if the actor might pass away, or never attend again. If it means something to you, go for it.

Speaking of, the official Star Wars Authentics website is having a sale through June 10th. A couple good autographs are on there, discounted quite well.

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I hope Tran does come and sign next year. Personally I don’t like Rose but I loved watching interviews with Tran from the premiere to just doing the press tours. You can tell she was so excited about being in SW and seem so full of energy and positivity. It actually pissed me off that I ended up not liking her character but I don’t blame her for that. She did her job and what she had to do and that’s nothing against her as a person. I’d meet her just because she seems so friendly and great.

And I feel her situation will be very much like Hayden. She will get a lot of support from fans at the panel and everyone in her auto line will be supportive and thankful.

Gamma626 and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Gotta stick with the 'ol skool'/newbie actors:

James Earl Jones
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Billy Dee Williams
    Lupita Nyong'o
    John Boyega
    Ahmed Best

Padme501st likes this.
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not one for autographs, but there are some that I would like to have.

Denis Lawson - I took my photo with him in Orlando, but I would like his autograph as well
    Mads Mikkelsen - not so much for his SW work, I would bring my copy of A Royal Affaire for him to sign. I would possibly take a photo as well.

One thing I learnt in Orlando is that if you want to have a chance to talk to the person it's bettr to go with an autograph than a photo. For the photo it was basically, get in, stand on a marked spot, photo, and out. It took around 20 seconds, while there is usually some time to say a few words when you get an autograph.

11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yep, that's part of why I'm more of an autograph guy than a photo guy. It's just more personal usually.

12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Oh yea, for the most popular actors, the photograph taking is notoriously impersonal. It's over before you even realize it happened.

I had heard about it before hand. So when I walked into my photograph with Mark Hamill I was literally repeating to myself "remember to shake his hand". Because I knew it could have easily slipped my mind to do, given how quickly they rushed us through it. And I would have been pissed if I got all that way and took the picture, but then got so caught up in how quickly it was going that I totally forgot to shake his hand. Fortunately I didn't forget, and right after the picture was taken I turned and faced him, put out my hand, he did the same, we shook hands, I said thank you, and that was it. If you don't stand your ground for that split second they're just going to rush you right off.

Keep in mind, this isn't the case for every actor. Just the most popular ones like Mark who have that many people coming through to take pictures. Now if it was less people than that in the same time frame, I'm sure you can take a few seconds and share a few words with whoever it is.

13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I have no issues with that. I mean, you have literally thousands who want to meet Mark Hamill, and he cant possibly take the time to talk to everyone in the line without going horrendously late into the evening...

14. haveahiddles

haveahiddles Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2018
    I stg, Mark Hamill will attend the opening of an envelope. :) He's such a sweetie, from what I hear. My gf met him in Chicago WAY back when he was playing Mozart in the stage production of Amadeus (before its Broadway debut) and she said he was absolutely the best when it came to interacting with fans.

I really hope he turns up for 2019. I would love to meet him, not only for SW, but his turn as the Joker too.

15. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    I decided if the actor Gwendoline Christie shows up (Captain Phasma / Brian of Tarth) shows up I would really like her autograph / to say hi. I do not see her name on any lists, BUT another fan said they did receive an autograph from her, and I think I found an article that mentioned she attended a past celebration. Could anyone guess the chances of her attending the show? Second question, I see past prices are kind of tiered with major actor like Mark Hamill and Felicity Jones being in the highest tier (aka out of my prices range :p ) and voice actors near the bottom. Any guesses where, if she decided to, her autograph/photo might sit so I can start saving up?

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    She moderated the RO panel in London. With GoT ending that could open up her availability. If I was putting odds on her signing, I'd put it at maybe 40%? Maybe a little less. I'd guess she'd be $80-$100, but that's just a wild guess.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Swtorista likes this.
  17. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Gwendoline Christie is $200 in this private signing, so expect at least that if she comes to Celebration.
    And to think I got her for £10 back in 2012, sigh.[face_relieved][face_sigh]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Swtorista likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I wouldn't use that site as a basis. They are charging $150 for Brian Herring.

They also want $150 for Summer Glau and she's doing a con near me later this year for $40.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Swtorista likes this.
  19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    So just curious, you're allowed to bring your own item to have signed right? With the new clone wars pops, I'd love to have Ashley sign an Ahsoka pop.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, you can. The celeb always has the right to refuse if it's offensive or something. Also, in Orlando, if it was a non Star Wars item, you couldn't get the signature authenticated there (if that matters to you). Ashley is a sweetheart.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Gamma626 likes this.
  21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I hml
    Cool! I've seen her asking price for other conventions. I'll probably get a pop or two signed, in addition to a photo.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They're pretty cool.

24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I just realized if GOT season 8 comes out in the spring, there is a big chance that Gwendolyn and Emilia won’t be able to attend Celebration due to the GOT press tours they will have to do. Fingers crossed that won’t be the case

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    It’s being reported that Topps is saying that guests announcements will start late summer/early fall. I know this isn’t our usual timeline but that’s the report. There’s a graphcast the auto group did with TOPPS that had Celebration news, I haven’t watched the full video yet but I’m wondering if that’s where TOPPS said it

ChrisLyne likes this.