main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    We finally have some additional information on the upcoming (hopefully! don't want another 1313!) Star Wars game by Respawn. According to Kotaku, it's called Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It will be released in 2019.

https://kotaku.com/respawns-star-wars-game-is-called-jedi-fallen-order-1826698136

Dark times Era! Jedi on the run! Darth Vader! This sounds like something right up my alley :D Here's hoping the story will be good. Curious if it's going to tie somehow to the currently ongoing Darth Vader series by MARVEL.

According to Kotaku, we will be playing as a Jedi Padawan. Chances are that it will be brand new character, but I would be beyond overjoyed if one of my favorite Star Wars characters ever is in this game - Chase Piru:

[​IMG]

I know she's a relatively obscure character from Legends, but she was a Padawan that survived Order 66, and her story did end in a cliffhanger of sorts (an unfortunate outcome of Dark Horse losing the license and the de-canonization of what is now Legends). But, I can hope, can't I?

EDITED TO ADD: Here's a video and an additional link:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-new-game-fr/1100-6459540/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Woo Hoo

Please be a spiritual successor to the dark forces games.

With a multiplayer similar to Jedi Acadmey. From various Jedi customizations to choose from and even Inquisitors.

I would also like to see this apprentice participate in the last days of the clone wars, getting to fight the CIS. If not how the game starts, possibly in a flashback mission.

I don't want this new Jedi running around during Rebels time and onward, however it's best that he isn't killed off in this game. Their are still many years between these events and Rebels. He can still be eventually murdered by the Empire even if he survives this game. His survival could lead to a sequel. Or a sequel could follow a different Jedi or instead have you play the role of a villain, an Inquisitor.

I'm glad we are seeing more of the early dark times from a Jedi perspective. We have seen so little of it besides Kanans comic and Ashokas book. I wonder if Vos will be allowed to show up in this game.

3. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Going back to potential Legends options (and if I'm being honest, scratching my Dark Times obsession itch), there is a character that would fit that description perfectly - Noirah Na. She's got so much potential for further development. And, Noirah did fight on Toola during the Clone Wars.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But again, it will almost certainly be a new character, so I'm probably throwing these Jedi from the comics in vain.

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Hey if anything you are going to get some people to get the urge to reread these books, and by god do they deserve it.

5. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I mean, LucasArts hardly ever brought EU characters over from other material back in the day, so it's hugely unlikely. The only two I can really remember were Siri Tachi popping up at the end of Jedi Starfighter and Mara Jade in MoTS

DarthJaceus, Slater, spicer and 2 others like this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There was EU all over TIE Fighter and X-wing Alliance -- Thrawn for the former, and random references in the latter (mostly ships I guess -- I don't remember if the Shadows of the Empire missions mentioned any characters). And of course, that's excluding Shadows of the Empire itself since it was explicitly made multimedia.

Also -- Rebellion. WEG and Bantam characters all over the place there.

Galactic Battlegrounds had Mara Jade.

Suppose I won't count Jedi Outcast's Chiss or Jedi Academy's general Yavin IV academy stuff since those weren't characters, although wasn't Marka Ragnos part of the main plot there?

Trying to think if Force Commander referenced anything--the Coruscant attack had a reference to Rogue Squadron I think, but I don't think characters were mentioned by name.

Similarly, I don't know if Rogue Squadron's Dark Empire mission counts (or if the use of Wedge as squad leader counts, since he's a movie character).

Star Wars Galaxies was stuffed to the gills with EU characters.

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Empire at War / Forces of Corruption had buckets of EU stuff.

8. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I mean a good chunk of Rogue Squadron was a pastiche of the X-Wing novels and comics, from Brentaal V and the 181st becoming Gerrard V and the 128th (and the TIE fighter leader being disabled by a Y-wing before defecting) to the plot to take over Thyferra by Moff Seerdon. Not sure if that counts per se but the inspiration was definitely there.

9. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The game concept sounds cool, I love the Dark Times era and open-world gamplay. However it's EA, so I'm sure they'll find some way to mess it up.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the tie-in content, I'm always eager for more books or comics set during the Dark Times.

10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Battlefront can never take Twilight Company from me.

Never.

Daneira, Jedi Ben and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    I've had Titanfall 2 sitting on my backlog for like a year.

Time to change that.

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Mannn, I so wanna see Ninth Sister in a game. Fight her, play as her, Easter egg -- anything.

Respawn is hiring narrative, dialogue, level, and combat designers. Y'all get in there and make it happen! :p

13. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I am VERY excited for this game. I hope we get all kinds of cool force powers and different lightsaber blade colors.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A few features I would like.........

Some kind of co op features. Such as a buddy jumping in to help in your campaign. Or at least a smaller campaign where you can play co op in clone war themed missions. Maybe a later DLC.

See some of the inner workings of the pre fall temple. A tututorial could be used for that. Within the temple their could also be one vs one saber duels. Justified as in-universe practice duels amongst Jedi ranks.

Pre order 66 mission where you build your lightsaber.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    DarthJaceus and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I bet the main antagonist in the game is a brand new inquisitor exclusive to the game like the fourth brother or second sister.
    Just hope the game doesn't do a TFUII and had in loads of pointless cameos.

16. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    ^:)^
    KOTOR 1 and 2 had plenty of references to Tales of the Jedi.

AusStig, DarthJaceus, Slater and 6 others like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Rogue Squadron adapted Dark Empire for its final level...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Corran also gets name-dropped in Jedi Academy, and is implied to be present in one of the cutscenes (presumably one of the randomly generated background NPCs).

Oh, and Tycho is in Jedi Outcast. He's just referred to as "Rogue Leader," but it's definitely not Wedge.

19. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Yeah, there's certainly some overlap, and plenty of references, but rarely the characters in a critical fashion per se. Thrawn and Marka Ragnos being great examples. Mara Jade and Thrawn had a type of ubiquity rarely afforded to Legends characters. In retrospect I think it's rather a shame we never got an NJO game.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Oh, a padawan on the run after Order 66. Haven’t seen that story before. Boring.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Due for release... Winter 2019? Hmm, why go for that date? Oh, wait a sec....

What's the hook here? Is it just playing a game set in SW? Because the plot won't allow your character to have that much impact beyond that. Is that enough? I'm not certain.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Not for me, I’ll be honest.

I’ll get it when it’s cheap for the timeline-case.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The hook is you get to play as a Jedi. In the immediate post-Prequel era. For a Prequel fan like me, this is gold.You'll probably get to fight stormtroopers, Inquisitors, maybe even Vader himself. I, for one, am extremely excited for this.

24. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I don't get why you think the player character won't have an impact. Is it because they're a Jedi in the Dark Times? Yeah, Ferus Olin, Galen Marek, and the Jedi characters from Rebels had zero impact on the galaxy, no siree!

And even if you're right about your character not having an impact . . . well not every Star Wars game/story has to be some big, galaxy shaking thing where your character is secretly causing every important event from the movies, Tag and Bink style. Sometimes being a fun adventure romp or interesting story is all you need.

25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    As long as the character(s) and the story are interesting, it doesn't matter if they impact the galaxy in a significant way or not. Not every story has to be about the most important characters amidst the most important events. At least for me, I usually prefer the more low scale stories in contrast to the grand and epic ones. Different tastes is all :)