main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Fan: When do we need to line up for the IX panel?
    ReedPop: yeah...the line capped an hour ago

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    ^ Not totally out there for updates like that to be given in regards to the queue or other things happening at the time. I'm sure a lot of people have questions about autograph lining up, exclusive lotteries and how to get those items, etc. Like I said, just an informal welcome lasting a few hours during the latter part of Thursday afternoon where stuff like this can happen.

I mean, now that I'm thinking about it, I would find it to be a massive oversight or blame it on downright incompetence or laziness if they didn't have any of this kind of thing going on on Thursday. They have all the resources and tools in place, all they need are a few people to execute it. And for something that could actually be very beneficial to many attendees, they really need to figure something out for Thursday.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Especially since I have a feeling there's going to be a much higher number of first timers.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Our sister site Rebelscum usually has a Celebration Survival Guide - it probably won't be up til closer to the date.

5. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's fine, I expect that. But I'm also hopeful for a panel done by ReedPop that essentially does the same on their end. Or at least addresses some questions and/or concerns in conjunction with an informal welcome.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I want to see a Mark Hamill finally meets Natalie Portman panel now.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Let's just make it a whole Skywalker Family Reunion panel while we're at it. Might as well have the queen and the evil one meet their little baby grandchild Ben. Update the family album and all.

It's got to happen at some point. We'll probably have to wait for the "50 Years of Skywalkers" panel or something at the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

credar likes this.
  8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I had an idea last night,Thursday is shopping day for 5 day people,even if it opens at1pm? that allows us to be at our panels, opening ceremony etc. while the newbies fight over the store line. how is that theory?

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    This could top even the 40th panel if they ever made it happen. Well, maybe not top it, but it would be amazing. They'd have a hard time ever topping the 40th.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think nothing will ever top the 40th panel. My guess is that when Carrie passed they realized that with so many of the actors getting older it was time to make one super-panel before it was too late.

Amon_Amarth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah. I'm sure they'll go all out for the 50th when the time comes, but 40th was the one to be at.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  12. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    I would prefer them not to waste manpower and time on that type of panel and instead focus on sharing info online! Well made youtube videos, articles, FAQs and tweets, and facebook posts can go a long way :D Especially because the demographics of those attending this year already have to be good enough with computers to be able to purchase the tickets online, that means they are more likely to be able to find these types of resources!

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    True.

But I think with any kind of event like this there are still going to be enough people who don't pay a whole lot of attention to those kind of resources ahead of time. And on site information is their primary way of figuring out how to navigate it.

Not only that, but I'm also sort of implying they host a panel like that as way to just fill the space. With that seeming like the most appropriate way to do it. Otherwise Thursday is going to look quite bare, even though it's a day people paid for.

Swtorista likes this.
  14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I easily see Hayden attending Celebration, but not sure about Natalie cause she has never before interacted with he fandom. If it happens, and they get them both, plus Mark Hamill and Adam Driver, it would be pure perfection. Especially because IX will likely mark the end of the Skywalker saga.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I know. I'm just joking based on Mark's tweets the other day.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Still, you never know. A few years back I never would have thought she would ever don on the Amidala costume again, and then she came up with that epic SNL sketch...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    If the live action series does start filming this fall (as reported this week) then I'd expect that to have a big presence at Celebration. Definitely a first look panel, maybe even the premiere of the pilot episode. Potentially this could be the second overnight queue of the event. No way to really judge that until we see what the IX overnight is like and what time that reaches capacity.

18. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Well depending on when the new CW season airs, I wonder (and hope) that there will be a showing at Celebration

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, that's inevitable at this point.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    My best guess now is IX on Friday, either Resistance or Clone Wars Saturday, the other one Sunday, and then something like future films or Hamill on Monday for your "main panels".

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It's possible they could combine live action series and Clone Wars for a "streaming service" panel. Or Resistance and Clone Wars for an "animation panel". Probably won't but it's a possibility depending on how much they have ready to show (especially for the live action series).

22. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Since it is early we have shown interest in a Prequels anniversary panel and with The Clone Wars coming back, an anniversary panel for that would be nice too. What I am hoping for is some type of Solo panels. Will they do that since the movie will have already been released on home media ? I have new hope that there might be some time of Solo panel because today on The Star Wars show they announced a Making of Solo book. Look at the release date https://www.abramsbooks.com/product...-making-solo-a-star-wars-story_9781419737534/ April 16, 2019 ! They could have a panel about the Making of Solo ! I really loved Solo and hope they decide to go retro and it has a prescence at Star Wars Celebration.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Padme501st likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @zcure1: They had a Making of Rogue Panel in Orlando, so it wouldn't at all be surprising if they had one for Solo in Chicago.

For that matter, we never even got a promotional panel for Solo, so I would even hold out the possibility of getting Alden to appear. And if he's there for a panel, he would likely do signings as well. A lot of the major stars for RO did that in Orlando. So there's definitely some leaning on the more hopeful side at this point for all that. I doubt Glover or Clarke would make appearances though.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I would love to see a Solo panel. Alden did appear at the closing ceremony in London. I think Glover could appear. He's a fanboy, although he's also super busy. Clarke and Harrelson are longshots at best. Bettany does cons, but he may be doing Avengers press then. Newton and Waller-Bridge could be a possibility. Favreau will probably be there for his tv show. Suatamo hasn't done Celebration yet, but he does cons.

I would love for Howard to show up. I love listening to him. I recently went through his Master Class course.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If Doug Chiang gives a talk it will probably be worth attending. He was excellent at the last London Celebration.