main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Just saw it. It must be one of my favorite previews of the whole series. That really made me want to see what happens next, no doubt!

2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Really great preview
    Yet another reference to Quinlan Vos, now I'm thinking he has a very good chance of showing up in this series at some point. It would be pretty misleading to keep dropping his name but never do anything with him.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    As do I. Sure hope this isn't her end.
    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm very curious is we will see Raddus leave Mon Cala at the end of the arc. We know he eventually fled to the Rebellion on Mon Cala "city ships", if this occurs in this issue this mass exodus occurred a lot earlier than we thought. We'll know next week!

--Adm. Nick

6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I get the feeling it won´t! but maybe that´s just wishful thinking... I do think there is some kind of reaction from Vader to Sixth Brother´s actions in store. Still, this is the kind of development I was hoping for the Sixth Brother... he sure is a vile fellow!

7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Wow. Will definitely go straight to the comic book store next Wednesday, I usually wait until my next day off but I need this issue immediately. 9th Sister is my fave, I want her to survive. Same with 10th Brother.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm surprised they killed off Dibbs so casually.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Vialco and KamNale like this.
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is not a personal attack in any way, but comments like this from fans posting on these boards drive me up the wall. Now that Disney has Star Wars and they tell their stories all in a singular format people come out and say it was the best thing. The thing is before, star wars was liked and had a lot of good stories. Granted the NJO was a bit dark, but nothing in literature for a movie licensed product has ever accomplished a story on that scale and nothing for nothing but the two sequel movies have nothing on just the 19 books, and several e-books, comic books, or magazine stories that covered the period. The action in there would take a $5 billion budget just to tell. Each book had more action than any Marvel movie put together.

Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi? Okay, those were a stretch and I could do without. The new EU books aren't that great with the exception of Lord of the Sith. That book was good and gives you probably a description of the flight ability that Leia demonstrated in TLJ. The difference was that Vader concentrated and after ejecting from his starfighter, flew over to the side of the ship, in leia's case the force woke her up cocooned her and flew her back to the ship.

I'll take the old EU anyday over the new stuff. The movies have no guarantee that will be good and Solo just proved it. TLJ showed the cracks and its lucky it made the money it did.

As far as the Vader comic, its very good. Good stuff there.

10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Good riddance to blind rubbish. I never liked that guy.

11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Yesterday, the title for Respawn's Star Wars game was revealed to be Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order along with the info that it will take place shortly after Order 66. Shortly after Order 66 likely means that the game's story takes place sometime during the first year after ROTS. I wonder if the game will tie to this comic series, and if the time jump of almost one year in the comics was intentional in order not to step on the toes of the video game?

https://kotaku.com/respawns-star-wars-game-is-called-jedi-fallen-order-1826698136

12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    If we're playing as a Jedi Padawan/Knight on the run, I think we can expect Inquisitors as the game bosses, while clone/stormtroopers (depending on the timeline) will be the general cannon fodder killed by the hundreds.

Revanfan1 and Ithorians like this.
  13. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Maybe we'll finally see Inquisitors 2-4. Aside from the Grand Inquisitor (which may or may not be the First Brother?), the rest of them are from the Fifth Brother-Tenth Brother.

Revanfan1, Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The Grand Inquisitor is the First Brother.

[​IMG]

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The art really got better.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Prediction: Ferren, who’s already fallen to the Dark Side, is going to try and kill a surrendering Lee-Char.

Ferren will be revealed as the party responsible for the death of the ambassador.

Ferren will become an Inquisitor.

MrDarth0 and kalzeth like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't read this issue yet but it should be noted that Giuseppe Camuncoli is a frickin machine cuz he put in 22 (or more!) pages in Amazing Spider-Man 800 in May too and Darth Vader release didn't miss a beat.

18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    And he didn’t have to trace any film stills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Weird issue. Thought it was missing some panels — some stories felt unclosed. Can’t say it was what I had hoped.

La Calavera and kalzeth like this.
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I have to agree. Still not a bad issue overall.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I take it Verla is being kept for a future story? Also, Ninth Sister is probably alive somehow, as we didn't see her body at the end.

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  22. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I agree, there was something lacking in this issue, I'm not sure what.

Also, I don’t understand why Tarkin continued the bombardment after the king surrendered? I thought the Imperials were trying to avoid destroying the planet of the Mon Cala ballets.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    This issue was a pretty strong conclusion to the "Burning Seas" story arc, but it did feel a little rushed. I liked Sixth Brother's backstabbing, it was perfectly in line with how I expect the inquisitors to act. I would have liked to see a little more of Vader's duel with Barr, we didn't even get to see his actual death. I was actually a bit surprised Barr was the one who bombed the ambassador's shuttle in the first issue, but I guess his plan did make some sense. It does feel like a bit of a stretch that he could predict that causing the destruction of Mon Cala could lead to the events of the Original Trilogy, but he is a Jedi so I suppose anything is possible. I've very curious what will happen with Verla, I'm assuming she escaped for a reason and we will see her again in the future. Camuncoli's artwork was great again this issue, he just keeps getting better and better at drawing Vader.

24. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    It did felt a little rushed at times, but I still liked it. I imagined something would happen to Lee Char to connect with his health in the main comic series, but that will come later, which is fine with me. Not everything must be closed and solved right now.

Speaking of that, non surprisingly at this point, the fate of the Ninth Sister was left opened. She seemed to have dealt with all the clones, 1 leg or not, but one wonders what can of fate can await her in such a hostile planet, and injured in such a terrible way. One chance is that the Imperial occupation starts like immediately and she can get to safety soon enough. I also remember people talking here about a character named Jerserra, whose status in canon I ignore, that was a blonde female that was trained by a female Inquisitor in the dark side. Could that be Verla?

Jarrus, kalzeth and spicer like this.
  25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Interesting. Here's her page on the Wook:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerserra

According to Wookieepedia, she appeared only in a Fantasy Flight book. The image given for her matches Verla's appearance sufficiently, minus the tattoos. Since Fantasy Flight games aren't canon, maybe Jerserra is being adapted in canon, but only her name is changed? We'll see I guess, but an interesting food for thought.

And now, having mentioned a Fantasy Flight games source book information in the context of official canon, I am half expecting Ender Sai to come and tell me how wrong I am :p