main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I don’t have a ton of credits, but the only skin out there I’d drop them on is Ahch-To Rey. The Solo skins look really cool, maybe some time down the road.

I’ll play more to save for CW content, though. Glad to have some time to do so.

vncredleader likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh whatever. I'm more than likely still going to go with the same heroes/villains I've been maining with even when the new DLC is released.

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    And if the same rules for arcade apply as they did since the game's release, I'll be playing them instantly there.
    Just make sure conquest is put into arcade, DICE.

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm still saving for Leia's Boussh skin.

5. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Sigh... these developers are clearly on death sticks. Map rotation in Extraction is screwed up. Only two maps. You play a match, then next map. With only two, that means you never switch sides on each map. You will either always defend or always assault on each particular map. This is basic stuff, how the heck do they overlook it? It's as if no one play tests this stuff. SMH.

6. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Can't edit my above post at this point, but looks like they hot fixed the issue described above some time this afternoon? Played a few more rounds and now you play each of the two maps in both directions. Much better.

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    So I went with the Beckett's crew Han, now only have 28,000..........worth it though

8. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Legit gutted. Went with sportsman Lando over Han, only to find out Donald didn't voice Lando, and the dude that did sounds neither like Glover, nor Williams. Wish I would have spent credits on Han instead.

9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I don't really get what makes a skin epic, rare, legendary, etc. Every different look for each character has only been used in one movie. None are really more rare than others.

I.e. Lando wears the "sportsman" outfit throughout Solo. Just like he wears his "administrator" outfit throughout ESB. Neither is worn again. Why is one more rare?

10. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    To fool people into buying them thinking they've got a good deal.

vw_jedi likes this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    My understanding that it has to do with new voices and models.
    They can stick Lando's head on his administrators outfit relatively easily, so it's less rare.
    Haven't gotten the solo skins yet, but I assume they come with new voice lines by the actors. Likely new animations as well, meaning more difficult to make and therefor it is legendary. I know this is the basic reason for Leia's Boussh Skin.

vw_jedi likes this.
  12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I hoped it would be clone wars related and it is clone wars related! Yes!

Kynirin likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    What the blazes is going on with match making?

Out of no where today when playing Strike the game is all of a sudden scrambling teams. Should be a good thing. But it's not. Now every match goes from full to:

Waiting for players: 9

Or some similar number. Something is screwed up. No way everyone is quitting every single match.

Sigh, devs back on the death sticks again.

B99 and vncredleader like this.
  15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I noticed that a few times too. I just assumed a bunch of people rage quit when they were losing.
    Not sure the reason behind it.

I also notice in the respawn screen parts of certain characters 'fall off' so to speak.
    Like the next time I die, I see Phasma's cape, or Wookiee fur stuck on the screen from the last time they spawned it.
    Not the most annoying glitch around, but it's weird.

vw_jedi likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Gave the game 1 chance today, got to the game lobby(BLAST) and waiting for 6 other players to join.. That was it. Played COD instead. Game is dead to me..

vw_jedi likes this.
  17. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    They're testing some changes to it: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/112887/matchmaking-changes/p1

I haven't had the chance to experience this wonder myself just yet, but following this post there have been a ton of posts just like yours about empty lobbies. It sounds like whatever the exact change they slapped in is even worse than it was before. The one positive side about using players to test the change instead of their own QA team or whoever, is that they're really going to hear the results. :p

vw_jedi likes this.
  18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    The weird part was going from full games to half (or more) empty every single round. It was almost like the game was kicking people out while scrambling teams. That said, seemed to resolve last night? Maaaaaybe...

Also as mentioned by Conservative above, I also keep seeing a lot of image artifacts from various character models being left on the squad screen. Like Wookie pelts and Snowtrooper skirts.

vncredleader likes this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    New content roadmap coming from DICE next week.

Also, lightsaber ignition will be included in the next patch.

Vialco and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What does "lightsaber ignition" mean? Like you'd have the ability to press a button to turn your saber on/off?

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  22. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Never been one to quit matches, usually fight until the bitter end. But lately I quit like crazy. When you play objective based modes, yet wind up with groups who spend no time ptfo, there's no point. People treat every mode like Blast. Run around looking for kills instead of defending or assaulting the objective. Run right by an active explosive without stopping to turn it off. I don't get it, just go play Blast already.

B99 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's probably because there's few incentives to play objectives as opposed to upping your kill-count. BF 2015 was nice in that it actually forced you to play the objectives like opening up a certain amount of pods in Drop Zone or defending/exploding the gas generators in Sabotage. And through the Hutt contracts you could get some nice rewards for that.

vncredleader likes this.
  24. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I mean, how about winning? I wish they they would only podium players from the winning team. And offer a nice credit bonus to the winning team as well. Watch how fast people ptfo once it means high score lone wolves don't get the top spot unless their team wins as well.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Haven’t played in ages but just bought it again for PC. So excited for future clone wars content as well as seeing that extraction is back.

Kynirin likes this.