main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have insufficient privileges to post?!?!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by bluealien1, Apr 1, 2018.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    And so it begins...

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, people have been bitching about jcc for years--never gets old.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    But why do you have an issue with the Community thread? Aside from a sassy AI who is basically our cross between L337 and K2SO and who has esoteric complaints, we like the new films but feel compelled to say we don't for bonus woke as points. Nobody hates on Rian or Kath Kennedy or Kellie Marie Tran - it's not exactly a place where alt-right neckbeard basement dwelling men congregate to hate on others. In fact, Tunick is generally relentlessly positive.

FatBurt, SuperWatto and Diggy like this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It’s not too hard, I think. It’s a problem of scale. We don’t give the same importance to the tone of the JCC thread because it does not involve hundreds of people yelling at each other at the same time. If it ever did, I’d personally delete it with a smile of smug satisfaction on my face.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    And people are going to continue to bitch until something is done.
    [​IMG]

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That’s a lot of bitching.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    There's no contention. It's beautiful It's like a bipartisan vote in Commons;

"The motion is that all Star Wars is terrible. All those in favour, say "aye""

//thread goes aye

"All those against, say "nay""

//Richie says nay

"I think the ayes have it."

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    FatBurt, G-FETT, tom and 2 others like this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    See, the thing is, complainers, the majority of us are in our 40s We grew up with the OT (and have seen it so much that we're kinda bored with it), and those of us with taste think the PT is utter trash (rightfully so). We have our own space to be us--there are plenty of SW threads for you to post in--we have the one (because, like I said, we don't really want anything to do with the movie forums). So yeah... leave us alone. We're old and cranky (and aren't likely to change).

FatBurt and Point Given like this.
  9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    If the JCC/SW thread was held to the same standards as New Films etc we wouldn’t have seen a week long discussion about Hot Pockets. There can be no greater argument for leaving it alone.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    double post

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I come here for the people, not for the Star Wars tbh. Life is chaos, and it's nice to go on here and read goofy posts.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    FTFY

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    FTFY

SuperWatto and Darth Downunder like this.
  14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Well you are both among the most "controversial" user's on these Boards so it doesn't surprise me that you'd not want posting standards to be raised in JCC - If that forum/JCC Film Thread was moderated like the film forums you'd probably both be out of here in a week. [face_laugh]

Anyway, I think we're pretty much done here. Standards in the film forums WILL be raised from now on.

The Head Admin has opined that JCC is OK as it is... So there's really nothing left to talk about at this point.

I'll see ya'all around the Boards...

Oh and don't worry @Diggy I still [face_love] ya man.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I tried to do the same when I was in MS. Then I realized most mods are JCCers. It's a useless fight. I didn't think "if you can't beat them, join them", but eventually that's exactly what I did. Because the fun outweighed the nasty. And now that I'm one of them, I realize the nasty is not that nasty at all. It's just a low tolerance for bull****. For the rest, the JCC is probably the tightest and friendliest community here. The best friends thread is a continuous outpouring of love, unmatched anywhere else. The forum deals with depression, suicide, disease, immigration, and cultural differences. It's only when you post something dumb that you sollicit their ire. And you can learn from that.

Star Wars is not elevated. If there is room here for all opinions about Star Wars, there is room for those who like to claim Star Wars is bad, the prequels don't exist, and it's great that Kenobi isn't happening.

You know what we could consider making a bannable offense? Whining that the mods are not enforcing the rules. That should be fun!

tom, Darth Guy, FatBurt and 7 others like this.
  16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Oh so that's why i'm not allowed to post in the Episode 9 discussion forum?

So what are the procedures to permanently leave this forum?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Step 1: Log out.
    Step 2: Never log back in.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    3. Have a wholesome meal

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Given the amount of support the JCC gave you when you needed it, I'm surprised at the level of vitriol you're directing towards it @G-FETT . Personally I consider it a slap in the face.

Ender Sai and harpua like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, we were there for you during probably one of the scariest times in your life, man.

Point Given likes this.
  21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Oh crumbs it looks like I've caused some upset now.

It goes without saying that I was and still am incredibly grateful for the support JCC gave me when I had my pre-cancerous mouth lesion. At it best JCC can be an amazing place full of warmth and kindness. But at it's worst it can be pretty brutal (at least that's how it sometimes appears when you look in from the outside)

I've never had a bad experience in JCC myself (although from the tone of this conversation something tells me that may change from now on ;) ) and on a personal level I like you all...

From what I've observed (I haven't experienced myself) there can sometimes (that's sometimes not all the time at all) be a level of nastiness directed at some user's in JCC that I myself don't like to see (and like I say I have never experienced it myself but something makes me think I might soon)

So, while the movie forums are raising standards across the board I thought it might be worthwhile using this period to have an honest discussion about JCC and whether it could be time to review moderating standards there as well (I wouldn't want JCC as a whole moderated to a level of the movie forums BTW as it would stifle a lot of the humour that I also enjoy - Maybe just the "ZOMG" movie thread could be moderated a little more tightly?)

I certainly don't think you are all awful people and the whole thing should be erased from the face of the Boards... Just maybe the moderation could become a little tighter in a specific area.

But in any case, everyone, right up to our Head Admin has considered the idea and rejected that idea. So it's fine. We've had an honest discussion/debate. The decision has been taken. Nothing is changing.

If one thing comes out of the discussion and this overall thread and everyone is a little kinder to one another then it will have done some good... Some of the things I've been posting in the movie forums lately is NOT me at all... And personally I'm determined to use the Better Standards policy in the movie forums to bring myself back to being the old G-FETT as I don't really recognize the user I've become lately. It's not me and I understand that I need to change.

But as far as JCC is concerned really as the Head Admin has given his opinion it's all academic anyway.

If I've personally offended anyone with my suggestions, ideas, POV, etc... Of course I apologize for being a ****

And I think there it's best to move on as like I said there's nothing really left to talk about in this thread anyway.

Best

Gav

22. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I think there ought to be a "Ground rules for the JCC" topic. From my experience lurking there occasionally I've started a list of ground rules for anyone unfamiliar with that space's language, from what I now understand after having a team of like-minded scientists look that subforum over.

Rule 1: Make sure you stop by one of the many political/philosophical threads and demonstrate wokeness frequently.

Rule 2: Don't be J-Rod.

Rule 3: Be genuine and stay on Ender's good side by not emphasizing your low birth status as a U.S. citizen. If you are not an USian, you are probably a person of culture and status and thus alright in Ender's eyes.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Rule 4: Don't suck

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Rule 5: Sucking is mandatory.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rule 6: Don’t e-yell “Just shut up, all of you!” It’s the equivalent of skinning your knee in shark-infested water.

Rule 7: Obey the Carolinas mods.