main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Rise of the Next Generation Library Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like the team of Quorra, Jacen, Tahiri, and Zekk ;)

Option 1: this lends an air of mystery and draws Ziv into it. The Dark Jedi etc. could launch an attack on one of the destination worlds Tatooine/Naboo and then the trick is to link it back to what happened earlier.

In this scenario, Ziv is drawn in by the subtle means of being incriminated.

Option 2: this has oomphy riveting action.
    This layers on more urgency to finding out JUST what is going on.
    In this, Ziv is drawn in by the action and self-interest.
    And yes, the lull in hyperspace could also be a good opportunity to talk and "come clean" for Quorra.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    I'm good with either way you want to swing it. I had suggested Sith because I already have a ready-made Sith character I could bring into it after approval, but Dark Jedi is good too. However, I will leave the role to someone else as my brain is maxed out on character creation at the moment. [face_laugh] I was thinking the presence of a Sith might create an interesting situation for Skamlös considering he is not on savory terms with the Jedi. ;) I'm good with either one of your story arcs though.

3. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you! ;)

Alrighty! Maybe we should do Option 2 then. That way, there can be some action going on for all the characters. And when the bad guys are dealt with (either killed or captured), the Young Jedi Knights and Quorra can plan on going to Naboo and Tatooine, along with Ziv and Skamlös volunteering. This way, answers can be brought forth as to who the Yuuzhan Vong mastermind is.

What do you think, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @SiouxFan? Just want to make sure things are cleared up before I make a post.

Oooh! I understand now. Hmm... That would actually be interesting. Perhaps this Sith could act like an ally but in reality, he is working with the Yuuzhan Vong mastermind? Just an idea. Lol But yeah, if you still want to do your Sith character and have any ideas, go for it! Maybe we'll just go with Option 2 and then your Sith character can come in later? How does that sound?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    I'm good with that. I'll PM you my idea of just how much this Sith character would interfere and see what you think about running with it. Honestly, he won't have an impact on the grand scheme of things unless you want him to interfere that much. ;)

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  5. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @Kaleesh-Cyborg - Ah, okay. However you want to play it out is cool with me. And yep, I saw your PM. Go for it, Sith Lord. ;)

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    BURSTING with curiosity [face_laugh] even though I'm part of the RPG, there's still an element of edge of seatness =D= as mystery piles on mystery -- who's an ally? Who can we trust? :cool:

7. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Option 2 works for me...although I'm still fuzzy on the thematic difference between a dark Jedi and a Sith!

I like the 'away team' assignments you came up with...now we just have to get to where we can leave Zonama!
    @SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Kaleesh-Cyborg

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful post @SiouxFan -- Jacen is pure Solo [face_laugh] [face_love]

9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Option 2 it is then. :D

And yes! Jacen is full of awesomeness! :cool:[face_love]

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SiouxFan

Also, after @Kaleesh-Cyborg post, I'll have a Dark Jedi, his two apprentice, along with three Yuuzhan Vong, pop out from the trees and pounce at Jacen, Ziv, and Skamlös in my next post. This is where the others can sense a disturbance (due to the Dark Jedi's presence) and help Jacen out.

The Dark Jedi leader had concealed his and his apprentice's presences, using Force stealth to spy on Jacen from above the trees.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks! MY Jacen never lost his since of humor in the war...he just became more of a cynical with it.

Sounds good...Jaina's already acting as 'cover' for her brother, so she'll be first to get there. I'm going to post a small snippet with Jacen's response.

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Kaleesh-Cyborg

11. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    @SkywalkerShine

Quick question: how big a melee are we having...and do we plan on letting any of the opposition survive this encounter? Right now, it's 6 on 2...maybe 7 on 2 since Skamlos is being a bit obtuse right now...but Zekk and Anakin aren't too far away, so it'll be 6 on 4 in a jiffy, with more backup on the way.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  12. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I deeply apologize for the late reply! Rea life has been crazy lately... T_T But I will post today for sure!

Ah! Yes. It'll be 6 (the bad buys) on 6 (Jaina, Jacen, Zekk, Tahiri, Anakin, and maybe Ziv. Ziv can definitely join the fight to help the Jedi after Quorra warns him about the three Dark Jedi and three Vongs, identifying them as traitors and true tresspasers. Quorra might standby with Skamlös to keep him safe).

After the fight, I was thinking we could have an injured Malev be the only enemy alive to tell the heroes of what's going on. Then the good guys could take the Dark Jedi leader together to Luke for questioning.

After Malev is given to the Jedi in custody, the group decides to go on the sepwe are mission, with Ziv and Skamlös going as well. Ziv probably can come because of his traitorous bretherns or just to have fun killing other traitors.

What do you guys think?

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg @SiouxFan

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent idea: fast action followed by sleuthing. :cool:

14. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
  15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    My $.02: Having one or both of the 'apprentices' (I don't really know what to call them...we're definitely going to have to develop some sort of backstory) live through this encounter might make more sense. IMO, Malev doesn't seem to be the smartest guy on the block...trying to get the drop on any Jedi with only 6 people (and the 3 Vong have only questionable loyalty) seems to be a stretch. 'Dark 'Jedi' always seem to be bullies and want to show how strong he is, so Malev seems the type to want to take on 2 (for now, more coming) Jedi who already have the drop on him.

I think the apprentices might be more open to talking after their leader gets his head handed to him. Literally.

An added bonus: Zekk's done some time as a 'dark' Jedi, so we've got a way to get Zekk more screen time with their questioning.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @SiouxFan - Okay! That actually sounds good. We can try and work that in.

17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  19. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
  20. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I'll post as soon as possible, everyone. Life just kept throwing things at me: Babysitting, work, and life in general... Thank you all for being patient with me. Again, I'm really sorry for the wait. I'll make it up to you guys.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg @SiouxFan

21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice update! I just hope you didn't plan on those Vong living for very long. And obviously my story-telling needs work...I really meant to have Jaina be mostly behind this group so that her and Jacen would have them in a crossfire!

Question: Nala is the woman apprentice, right? I think you reference her as 'he', so I just want to make sure!

Hope the babysitting went well.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb post @SiouxFan =D= =D= So if I'mcounting right, there are 3 adversaries left so when Anakin & Zekk show up, the balance can tip in the other direction :cool: And what about @Kaleesh-Cyborg -- will your characters be "joining the hung"? [face_batting]

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Thanks, SiouxFan! And nah, I wasn't planning on those Vongs to live very long. Haha Ooh! I understand now. Haha

And yep, Nala is the young, female apprentice of Malev. And thank you for pointing that out. I must have been tired. ^_^;

And yep, it did. Thank you! I'll post on the RPG later today. I agree with @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha too! Awesome post. :)

Yep, there are 3 Dark Jedi adversaries left since the 3 Vongs are dealt with. I can't wait for Anakin, Tahiri, Quorra, and Zekk to join the fight. :D I think Quorra would defend Skamlös while the Jedi deals with the Dark Jedi. :) I think @Kaleesh-Cyborg's been busy but he did say he would post.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Ugh. I’m sorry. Because my main character around the JCF is modeled after General Grievous, the joke is that with my four arms, I can juggle many things, but...DRL really has a way of messing me up sometimes. I will do my best to get a post up by tomorrow morning at the very latest.

25. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @Kaleesh-Cyborg - It's alright, my friend. Take your time. DRL can be a pain at times. But remember: Always take care of you first. That's very important. :)