main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's awesome!

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Almost forgot to share the super cool Gentle Giant Indy bust I got for my b-day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Found some awesome collectibles when I was at FYE today. Really happy with these purchases. FYE has a Buy 2 get 1 75% off sale on pops.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage Kenner Well of Souls playset to go w/the Indy figures I got last week. Missing a few of the snakes, but I'll take my time and add them as I go. It actually comes w/a near mint box, which typically doesn't mean much to me, but it's a cool bonus.

The line itself is pretty small, so I might just go ahead and get the entire thing now. Would still need Map Room playset, Streets of Cairo playset, Arabian horse and German Cargo truck as well as Map Room Indy and mail-away Belloq. There's also a 12" Indy that recycles the Kenner Han Solo 12" figure. Looks pretty good, but the hat for him is atrocious.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just snagged 4 vintage LJN Dune figures; Paul, Stilgar, Feyd and Rabaan. Been wanting to start my Dune collection for a while, as it's my favorite novel and the David Lynch adaptation (on which these figures are based) is one of my favorite movies, but the figures are a bit on the rare side. Got lucky as these were all listed @ the same time by a seller. Only 2 more figures in the line, plus a Sand Worm and a Spice Scout, which I want to pick up.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love my 12" Indy. You can tell Indy apart from Han Solo, Indy has blue eyes and has a rather oddly rosy skin tone. His hat is felt, but his outfit overall looks great.

I really want the other vintage figures, been eyeballing the map room and thinking of picking it up in pieces.

I was trying to figure out why your Indy GG bust looked different than mine and realized mine's from TOD, hence no idol, but he's similar w/ flinging his whip around.

[​IMG]

Most of my Indy stuff - my mint in baggie Marion and Toht are taking a nap on top of Indy-potato box. I have a KOTCS playset also that I've never displayed.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    @PadmeLeiaJaina Very cool! The 12" Indy is on my want list for sure (Though I may leave the Paddington Bear hat off of him when I do). I see you have the vintage 3 3/4" Kenner figs as well. @ this point I'll probably try to complete the entire Kenner line, then may move on to the LJN line (Only 3 figures there, but like the Kenner line they're kinda rare and pricey). After that I'll chase the TOD lunchbox (I know there are 2 or 3 variants) and the TOD promotional glasses. Really not a whole lot of vintage Indy merch out there.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Some friends and I made a road trip to Kokomo, Indiana today to one of the best toy shops in the Midwest. They have a nice mix of vintage and modern, the prices are good and the staff really nice. To top it off, Kokomo is a nifty little town.

Picked up; G.I. Joe: Vamp II Jeep, Dreadnock Thunder Machine, Cobra Pogo and Cobra B.A.T. figure. Battlestar Galactica: Cylon Raider ship and Daggit figure.

I obviously concentrated on vintage, but to give you an idea of the store, here was their Pop Vinyl section (w/some more on the endcap and around the other side!).

[​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wow that's a lot of Pops! It's a good thing my Toy Anxiety shop is too far for me to drive across the valley to get to.

10. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    One of these days I have to get over there to Toy Anxiety, I have always heard good things about that shop

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I always try to bring some stuff to trade because otherwise it's just murder on your wallet. I got like a 1/3rd of my Hasbro 12" figures there loose (including my Patrol Dewback.) They have a very large Star Wars selection.

cathiecat and Master_Rebado like this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage G.I. Joe Tunnel Rat figure. That gives me 72 vintage Joes, not including vehicle drivers.

13. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Yo Joe!!!!

Iron_lord and Juke Skywalker like this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    There's nothing quite like buying a Joe. It makes me feel 10 again... until I get up out of my chair, and then I'm reminded that I am indeed 44 :p.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha! Yeah no kidding, eh? Congrats on your score.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage G.I. Joe Watchtower.

After back-to-back months where I spent $300+ I aimed to cut back for a few months and keep my spending in the $50 range (my typical monthly collecting budget is around $100). W/this purchase and only a few days left in the month I've kept that promise but still snagged two cool things :D.

17. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    ^^^^

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage Kenner Silverhawks Commander Stargazer figure. That officially completes my Silverhawks collection.

19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] far from it, but thank you. Feels good to scratch another one off the list.

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just added a Serpentor w/Air Chariot (1986) and a Storm Shadow v2 (1988) to my vintage G.I. Joe collection.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hey @Juke Skywalker - have you seen the NEW Megos that are coming to Target? I'm going to get the Charmed ones and they've got the license for Firefly! I might need the Superman, Facts of Life, and Brady Bunch ones also.

The rebirth of Mego was announced at SDCC - the guy who founded the company, his son is bringing it back to life! Likely no Marvel characters since Disney now owns them but they are doing DC.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    @PadmeLeiaJaina Hey, yeah I had heard about it and I've seen some posts popping up in my Instagram feed from various toy collectors, but I hadn't really explored to see what kinds of things they were releasing. I'm amazed at the various titles they've picked up! I'll get Sulu and Chekov for sure, as they didn't get releases in the vintage Mego Trek line. It's great that they've really captured that classic Mego look. Is this line a Target exclusive then?

My vintage Mego collection is a little thin. I have Kirk, Spock and McCoy from the Trek line, Spidey and Hulk from their Super Heroes lines and a Dr. Zaius from their Planet of the Apes line.

On a Non-SW collecting note, just won a vintage G.I. Joe Tele Viper figure.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I was pretty sure that Sulu and Chekov were never made, I'm glad they did those first. Yep at least for now they're Target exclusives.

I don't have any of the old Mego figures but they're supposed to have a license for Firefly so I really want the whole line for that! At $14.99 each that's a steal compared to what I usually spend on collectibles. I can get a whole set for the cost of one high end figure. Granted they look kinda silly but I don't care. There's a gorgeous Mal 12" figure I'd love to get but man I can only pre-order and order so many things at once :(

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    So now that they're doing new Harry Potter Lego sets, I'm FINALLY collecting for the franchise that had just as much of an impact (if not more so) on my childhood as Star Wars.

For my birthday I got three sets. The Aragog's Lair, Grindlewalds escape, and Newts Suitcase. I already built the Aragog set, and am very excited with it! Can't wait to collect all of em!