main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration 2019 Exclusives

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 22, 2018.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Exclusives have eluded me the last two Celebrations in terms of planning ahead to get them. Fortunately I have been able to get some after learning about them upon my arrival at Celebration and just being in the right place at the right time to actually purchase them. But for the most part I've been completely in the dark about them ahead of time.

After browsing some exclusives for another convention I am going to this year, I noticed one that might be of interest here...

https://sdccblog.com/2018/06/sideshow-san-diego-comic-con-2018-exclusives/

It's nice to see some prequel love at a major convention. The article says it will likely be an exclusive offered at other conventions as well, which might very well include Celebration. Or perhaps Celebration next year will mark the reveal of something totally new for them for 2019. In any event, it makes you wonder what else they might be working on at the moment.

Anyways, it just got me thinking that we should probably have an Exclusives thread. I really don't know if comparing Star Wars specific exclusives offered at other major conventions is any indication of what will be offered at Celebration from those same companies in any given year. But I figure it's a start.

2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I like the idea of this thread thank you. Last Celebration was my first and being a new to the scene I probably had to do far more detective work than I should have to score certain items. This thread can certainly help alleviate that.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Man, that Anakin looks awesome. I have the regular Anakin Hot Toys figure that was just released and it is impressive in hand. This takes it to the next level.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm definitely planning to save some more for the art prints this year.

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm sure Celebration 2019 will have an exclusive hot toy. Pretty sure first order Finn was one at some point. Not positive though.

Hasbro and Funko will both have something nice as well that I'll need to try and scoop up.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Orlando didn't.

The nice thing about Funko is most of their exclusives are shared, so unless you're a sticker snob, they're not hard to get elsewhere if you don't get picked in the lottery.

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    There will be the LEGO lottery. They actually ran their booth quite well according to my friend who won the lottery

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I think Funko goes pretty smoothly too. You just have to get lucky.

9. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Orlando we got the lego set and the 40th anniversary pilot Luke figure. They had good quantities regarding Hasbro but it was a bit of a **** show when I went through the line.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I got extremely lucky. On Saturday late in the afternoon I happened to be walking by the Hasbro booth and noticed it was completely empty but for a few people buying things. I figured they were just closing up shop for the day. Out of curiosity I asked the employee still manning the end of the line if they had any Luke's left, she said yea, and to my surprise, motioned me on in. Turns out, they still had about 30 minutes left to be open. Nobody was there. I walked right up, and bought two Lukes.

Even some vendors noticed it and starting going in and buying them using their vendor badges, since you could buy two per badge. Literally saw guys with a handful of vendor badges go around into the line repeatedly using each badge one by one. That kind of sucked seeing that, but it is what it is. Still though, just goes to show, it was wide open.

I'd say it's worth a shot on Saturday late afternoon to check and see if any exclusives are still available. They're still in too hot of demand on Thurs and Fri, so they won't sell any at the end of those days. And by Sunday they're likely going to be all sold out early on. So Saturday afternoon might be the time to strike if you haven't already gotten an exclusive that you want. Can't guarantee anything, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Or in the case of Celebration Chicago, Sunday may serve just as well for that, since the last day is Monday.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Padme501st and firesaber like this.
  11. Swtorista

Swtorista Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    It's nice to hear that. I hope other stores do that too. I was reading sad stories about people going in and buying piles of stuff just to resell.

12. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    I lucked out and got Funko for the last day so I was able to budget. The extra day should help if I need to go standby if I don't get it this time.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Based on the April release date I'm guessing Master & Apprentice will have an exclusive cover at Celebration next year.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's probably a good bet. Maybe even a giveaway poster or something like that as well.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hopefully it goes better than that Thrawn book that sold out in like an hour for the whole weekend.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    They just need to put a limit and not have a pin with it. I was one of the first in line and it was a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Or better anticipate demand.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They need to set a certain limit per day so that folks not attending all the days have a chance to get something.

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Didn't they only take like 1,000 copies or something last time?

Maybe take 20,000 and work on 4,000 per day. Heck, take more. It's not like they're printing whole books, just the sleeve.

I didn't have a problem getting it the first morning in London but I'm pretty sure they sold out on day one (definitely by day two).

For exclusives that are event limited not number limited the suppliers really need to make sure they have enough for the whole event. I get that they don't want to over produce but day one sell outs shouldn't be a thing for exclusives that aren't numbered.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah. This is second hand, but I talked to someone there who said Zahn told him that they seriously underestimated how popular it would be.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Was so happy I got Funko lottery last year. Hoping for next as well.

23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Definitely want to get in with the funko booth. That'd be my main want. Hasbro too.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm debating if I'm even going to try to enter the lottery or just get them online. The different sticker isn't important to me and I know even if I get picked it's likely going to take a decent chunk of time.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah I imagine it'll be a pain. If it's too bad or I miss out, I'll live. I'm more focused on autographs anyways. Those will come first.