main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo User Reviews/Reactions for Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 22, 2018.

?

Did you like Solo: A Star Wars Story?

1. Yes

89.5%
  2. No

10.5%
  1. Justin Gensel

Justin Gensel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 11, 2018
    I don't think hard boiled would have been the right take for the character at this stage of his life though. Looking back on my early 20's I can say that I too had a lot of the same boundless optimism Han did, the idea that everything was going to work for me, that if I just kept going my way, things would fall into place one way or another, the foundation-less certitude of a kid who doesn't really understand how the real world works yet. That's all Han here and it's a HUGE part of what makes him so charming to Beckett's crew and why Q'ira still cares about him so much. He's got a lot of the same idealism and drive that Luke would have so many years later, and probably a big reason he took such a shine to the kid was because he maybe saw working with him as a chance to be a 'voice of reason' to his younger self, before his path made him into a much harder man.

2. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I can see this. He may be tuned just fine and my settings are off. The Han on Corellia was of a certain ambition and earnestness, as seen in his last parting from Qira. We know he has to have been on Mimban surviving Somme-level trench warfare long enough for him to have responded to "We're almost there!" with "W!H!ERE are we going?!", and also, "Great. More mud." So he's already world weary by the time we see him showered up in the bracing air of the Alps. The train heist has a mortality risk slightly less than what he survived on Mimban, so it shouldn't change him much, except for using skills for himself and not for someone else.

But then when he sees Qira, he can occupy two time frames simultaneously. He has aged, but his thoughts for her are like yesterday. He has to take several runs at the problem before he has seen enough to know he tried his best. The sequence of jewels = buy new ship, 'thinking of adventures with you always made me smile', and "Go ahead. I'm right behind you" are not what breaks him of the hope, it's the ship leaving. And that happens on top of Lando leaving just at the pinch and keystone of his attempt to play at the level of his adoptive/surrogate/resident father figure in crime.

So there's a lot of transition that has occurred over days or hours when Alden gives a Harrison Ford-esque gesture, nod and slow head shake to Enfys Nest's moral appeals. (I like that he checks with Chewy before the nod, and Chewy is like, "No. We're not in it for your revolution, sister.")

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I was thinking about one question in Solo that really should've been answered: How the hell could Han speak the Wookie language? Then I thought of a solution that could've really helped Solo. Instead of fighting on Mimban make the Imperial Army be fighting on Kashyyk. The Imperials on the planet would've learned the language to an extant so they could talk to locals. Chewie instead of being on Mimban for no reason would be a POW on Kashyyk as the Imperials would be fighting Wookiees. Problem solved!

4. Hernalt

Jun 29, 2000
    This is not a problem specifically, but when Han translated Chewy's statement at the campfire, Han participated in the surprised sympathy that Chewy's whole people had been pulled off their home planet. So, how can Han have learned Wookiee language without learning that origin story? Were not all Wookiees characterized by at least hoping to find another of their kind?

I also wish I knew exactly what Chewy said on the AT hauler when Han replied, "No, they took You because of Me." Rio had said 'a Wookiee would be useful on a job like this'. More importantly, when Becket chuckled "Blackmail", that was the equivalent of Jabba saying, "This is my kind of scum."

vncredleader likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Depends how old Han was when he learned the language, and who he learned it from. He could have learned it young, before the big Imperial crackdown.

6. Hernalt

Jun 29, 2000
    This is a useful insight. I've been chipping away at a thumbnail sketch of young Han using all data available in the film. So you're bringing in knowledge from outside the film, which is not too controversially shocking or surprising, but it's nothing I'm going to know about just watching OT, PT and prequels. As far as I recall, the Republic defended Kashyyk (sp) from Clone armies and the Wookies had no issue being pushed around. So the timing of events of what the Empire does on Kashyyk are in no way obvious in SOLO:ASWS.
    When Chewy says this around the campfire, it is in a setting of repose and calm, talking about fundamentals, not cursory how's the weather. So in Chewy's urgency-importance matrix, this is non-urgent but as important as possible. That means it happened a while ago in Chewy's past. Chewy's 190 years old. His half life of memory urgency should be shorter than a human's because he lives longer. He's in his prime, already twice 85 years old, so he's either half way or 2/3 way through his life (without consulting ancillary resources). So this could have happened before Han was even born. It's been important, a whimsical wish or guiding principle, but it lost its urgency a long time ago.
    But also Han is surprised that Chewy knew where the rear deflector controls were, how to do safety interlocks, regulate power to demoted systems, reroute power to promoted systems, other co-pilot functions. All those switches he flipped. So Han cannot have learned Wookiee language in a context of knowing that Wookiees were avid pilots or fast learners. So how did Han learn Wookiee language without knowing they had been taken off their homeworld and were sort of separated from each other, without also learning that they were quick studies when it came to piloting and droid repair...

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I think in the movie it's not so much that Han is surprised that a Wookiee knows how to do all those things, but rather that he didn't know Chewie, himself, knew how to do them. He hadn't shown any interest or aptitude in those areas before then.

As for Han's knowledge of Wookiee language, I seem to remember that, pre-EU, George Lucas mentioned something about Han being raised by Wookiees at some point in his youth. And in the old EU, A.C. Crispin's books canonized the notion that Han, back in his deprived childhood, was looked after by a Wookiee who was very dear to him.

I have no idea what the current explanation is.

8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but in ROTS, the Wookiees and the Republic's clone armies worked together on Kashyyyk to beat the invasion of Separatist battle droids. "Solo" is set 9 years later. We learn that the Empire has enslaved the Wookiees, so that must have happened in the years in between ROTS and "Solo."

Side note: I haven't read it personally, but the Google Gods have informed me that in the novel "Most wanted," there's the following brief passage that explains it:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Twain and wobbits like this.
  9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Finally saw it.

It definitely wasn’t a train wreck. Gotta give it to Ron Honward because the movie felt like it was shot and composed by the same director, and it flowed really nicely without any hiccups. Even RO felt like it had some hiccups and editing issues; this one was more seamlessly put together..

I thought it was okay. Liked, but didn’t love. Overall it was entertaining but felt rather flat, never really achieving a “wow” moment or attempting to have a little deeper message or leaving food for thought. Nothing wrong with movies like this, but it comes with the downside of feeling pretty forgettable.

Liked Corellia a lot, and wished there had been more time spent there. My favorite sequence was the war bit after that. I kinda wished the movie was more centered on Han’s life in Corellia and as an Imperial pilot and then ending with him getting out of the Empire and going rogue with Chewie. I felt that there were missing bits in his character development as he walked through all these different adventures without seemingly being much affected by them, or none of which having a profound impact in his character. In way it was like watching a biopic of some guy who did all these crazy things, but without the depth of character exploration. Like a list of cool things Han Solo did.

The action sequences were good, though I felt that that train heist went for a bit too long. The way Val died was BS.

The characters were likable, but not memorable. Mostly they felt clichés after clichés and too often saying very predictable stuff as if telegraphing the run-of-the-mill predictable outcomes. With the exception of Chewie, who was a blast to watch. He was great. This is, hands down, the best Chewie in Star Wars movies. Also, Enfys Nest. Definitely my favorite new character of this movie. Felt like she had the most interesting backstory and journey out of everyone else, aside from Chewie.

Acting was fine, everyone did a nice a job, but nothing that stood out for me (except for the guy playing Chewie I guess). I wished however that the actresses for Qi’ra and Val had been switched. I was far more seduced by Thandie Newton’s presence in the movie than I was by Emily Clarke, so it was unfortunate to see her go out so early.
    I did find Phoebe W-B a little distracting in the way she moved, talked and felt like Phasma cosplaying a droid. She was a bit too human; there was a certain lack of “mechanical” in her that all SW droids have, including C-3PO and K2-SO. She also reminded me of my mom.

I liked the cinematography, some shots were fantastic, but it also bugged me a bit. The movie feels too much composed by close ups. Like, I wished the camera would just move away from the actor’s faces so I could appreciate the worldbuilding. But other than that, I thought the photography was beautiful and I liked a lot of the color schemes. I know there were lighting complaints but I didn’t have trouble seeing the movie.

The soundtrack… it was distracting. In some scenes it really bothered me. Like Powels didn’t trust the audience to feel for themselves so he would just have an over the top tune to spell out the exact emotion we’re something to feel. Like Lucas adding the “NOOO” to Vader in the ROTJ special editions, that’s kinda how the soundtrack felt to me most of the times. I did like the music for Enfys Nest though.

Overall enjoyable, but too much “seen this a billion times” type of movie. Though the characters were still likable enough to make me interested in them in future installments (if there are future installments. Well, there is always the comics and the novels).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    unicorn, 3sm1r and darkspine10 like this.
  10. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    This is pretty much my sentiment on the film as well. It's...cool. It's the most commercial and corporate of the Disney-era Star Wars films, but it's not bad.

Personally, the one thing I really don't like about this film is that it's pretty tone-deaf in terms of representation and the topic of enslavement. There are mentions of trafficking and droid rights, but it doesn't really seem like the film has much to say about it. Not to mention, Q'ira is basically owned and branded by the main villain in the film. There's also the "all of the dark-skinned natives are oppressed" cliche. And they get saved by the white protagonist. Also, L3-37 gets her mainframe put into the Millenium Falcon, which I'm pretty sure she would not be okay with.

Also...did they mention Brandy (the alcoholic beverage) in a Star Wars film? Is that a thing? That kind of took me out of the movie for a second.

unicorn, 3sm1r and La Calavera like this.
  11. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I noticed that the movie felt like it was unsure if it wanted to be a flat out comedy or an adventure to be treated with a degree of seriousness. It’s possible that during reshoots they kept things from L&M that should’ve probably been disposed of that wasn't the tone they were going for. So things like L3 fighting for droids rights and being treated as comic relief, and ending up as forever attached to the MF that goes from owner to owner with little care despite her earnest desire to be free, comes off as really tone-deaf.

Qi’ra… I don’t get her character. The writers said she was femme fatale, but she came across as a hapless victim for most of the time. The only time it felt she was about to gain some agency and own her story, the narrative is summarily overtaken by Maul’s cameo which reduced her back to hapless victim. I have no idea what is even her motivations, or if she has any. Initially, she came across as a rape victim forced to do things against her will, but the movie doesn’t really delve into that, and instead we have Closet Scene of Han tyring to bang her and not really caring or asking her what she went through. Maybe I was reading too much, maybe I mistook the writer’s intentions with her character, but it was kinda weird for me to watch that.

unicorn, 3sm1r and The Deuteragonist like this.
  12. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yeah, this movie honestly gets more and more problematic the more I think about it. Hence, why I've only seen it once because if I see it again, I'll probably develop stronger negative feelings about it.

Oddly enough, I thought Qi'ra was cool. She definitely deserved better writing and a more concrete storyline, but for what she was, she could have been a lot worse.

3sm1r likes this.
  13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Thank you. I had the same complaint.
    I agree. There was the material for some interesting drama, but they just reduced everything to her explicitly saying "I did bad things" which is the most lame way to develop a character.

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  14. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    I can see what you're saying about Qi'ra, yea. I think there may have been some differing ideas about her between the various creative powers that be. I believe there was originally meant to be a love triangle between Qi'ra, Han and Vos, but the scenes with Vos putting his hands on her don't really come off that way - she seems pretty damn uncomfortable. Lord and Miller may have meant for her to be more of a "femme fatale" than she ended up being in the finished film. I sort of interpret the intention of her final scenes as this: while she is actually saving Han by keeping his name out of her dialogue with Maul, Han does not know this so when he sees her splitting on the yacht after she just told him she'd be right with him, he interprets this as her leaving him, and that mixed with Beckett's actual betrayal and Lando leaving him to die is enough to make him the cynic we later know.

Ultimately though, it's still unclear whether Qi'ra would rather be leaving with Han if she could, but knows Crimson Dawn would be on their tails so she does what she does primarily to save him, or if she genuinely wants to gain power and ascend in Crimson Dawn, but avoids mentioning Han because she stills cares about him on some level. If we ever see her again they'll hopefully clarify that.

unicorn and La Calavera like this.
  15. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I liked it. It doesn't really have much to do with the SW saga but it was a solid, entertaining movie. Honestly, it felt closer to Guardians of the Galaxy in vibe to me than SW. Not much depth, brilliant action, some very funny moments (Lando's 'Calrissian Chronicles' moment was gold) and a decent cast. I need to see it a few more times to really work out how I feel about it and will wait until September to do that. Twice at the cinema is enough for now.

Quick bulletpoint thoughts:

* Beckett stole the show for me but then Woody usually does.

* I liked the rights for droids stuff, especially when they all go ape in Kessel. That gonk droid(?) stamping on the console made me chuckle.

* The score was very How to Train your Dragonesque. So much so that when the SW themes did pop up it was like watching The Hulk appear in Batman. I'm sure I'll grow to enjoy it in time but, while some themes were brilliant, it was occasionally OTT and Powell sometimes lacks Williams' ability to provide a subtle underscore.

* Val taking out the probe droids on the bridge was frickin awesome. Sad she died early.

* But....I am SO glad Rio died early. He felt more out of place and got on my nerves more than any other character I've ever seen in a SW movie and it's partly because of his voice. I'd have preferred Tim Allen dressed as Santa in there tbh.

* Paul Bettany was brilliant. Just the right gangster nut job edge. They established his character perfectly at the beginning, breathing heavily after savagely killing the regional governor. Very Tony Soprano/Gustavo Fring.

*Efys Nest (which sounds like the name of a holiday cottage in the Cotswolds) was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know anything about her going in so enjoyed her part in the tale.

* Chewie was epic but I think we all know that now.

There are a million more things but I don't want to drone on.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  16. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    I've wanted to know this since I saw the movie - does anyone know for certain whether Lady Proxima was a CGI/mo-cap creature or a practical effect/puppet? Possibly some kind of a combination? At first I was certain she was a puppet, but how fluidly she dived into the water made me unsure...

17. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    She was a bit of both. https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/solo-a-star-wars-story-robot-creation

ArtemusGordon likes this.
  18. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I actually enjoyed Solo on the whole. The movie felt like Star Wars to me. The story was well written and Ron Howard is a class act director. I'm hoping for a Solo sequel.
    One of my favorite parts of he film is when the leader of Efy's Nest pulled off her helmet to reveal a strong young woman as well as her reasoning behind doing what she's doing. That is a character I can relate to.

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Darth Chiznuk
    Is it possible to convert the thread "favorite scenes in Solo" to a more general "things that you loved in Solo"?
    Meanwhile, in the absence of alternatives, I'll write my list here.

1) Lady Proxima not impressed by Han's rock
    2) the weird alien in Becket's crew
    3) Chewie taking the arms
    4) Lando
    5) Han trying to trick EN
    6) L3 talking about Lando

DarthUncle and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    My reaction after a first viewing: quite good when the characters were standing around talking (the initial stretch on the yacht is the best Star Wars filmed since ROTS). Elsewhere the film tends to feel like one giant, overwrought action scene, so jammed up with special effects and action-movie physics that by comparison the pod race in TPM suddenly seems to slot in a lot better with the low key style of ANH. Also, I like funky aliens and droids and deep non-quite-human voices as much as the next guy, but this movie was so cluttered with Star Wars Stuff in every scene that it often distracted me from seeing the story as its own thing.

Decent overall, though. I'll probably watch it again.

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I watched Solo for the first time since release a couple of nights ago, and I'm going to divide my thoughts into four main points. This is a lot. Like, a lot.

1. I love this movie for all the reasons I shouldn't. The movie doesn't have an actual plot so much as it's a checklist of things we already know Han's past in some way involved, all crammed into one film so that they mostly occurred within a few days. How Han met Chewie! How Han got his blaster! How Han became a smuggler! How Han made the Kes– etc. etc. etc. It's exactly what I didn't want the movie to be, the reason why I hoped that the film would never be announced. And yet, all the simple joys of all that stuff combined with a stellar cast (Ehrenreich's job here is absolutely thankless but he makes the role his own) and an exuberant energy that covers up how outright dystopian the movie is make me love the film. I don't think it's out-and-out great; it's not A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back, but it's really, really good, far better than it had any right or reason to be, and it's probably going to become a regular comfort watch for me.

2. This movie was made for me. Not in a general way, but like, fo me specifically. For that matter, so was Rogue One, and they're made for me in a way that neither The Force Awakens nor The Last Jedi were. Don't get me wrong, I love both TFA and TLJ. In fact, I think they're both better films than either Solo or Rogue One, and I rank them more highly; better written, better directed, better acted, and with better stories told in a better way. But as someone who grew up with the OT always being there, who grew up as the PT was being released, the Star Wars I have nostalgic childhood affection for is Episodes I-VI, as complicated as my feelings may be towards some of those films. As much as the ST builds off what came before and sometimes leans on it a little too heavily, as much as I always hoped deep down that Episodes VII-IX would be made, as excited as I've been for the movies and as much as I've loved them so far... they're inherently not made for me. Sure, they're a continuation of the story I've always loved, and I get to see my childhood heroes again, and there's fan service out the wazoo. But really, they're made for people who are discovering Star Wars now, and their Star Wars will be this plus everything that's already there, and they'll be skeptical of whatever is made past a certain point, and this will continue on and on for as long as new generations come to this series.

While it should have been obvious, I had this realization over the weekend; I was at a bar with my girlfriend and somehow Star Wars came up (I have a personal brand to maintain), and I asked which of the films was her favorite, since it occurred to me that I'd never really asked before. As context, she'd never seen any of the movies before last year, and I got her to gradually watch all of them in the months leading up to The Last Jedi. She likes the OT a lot, does not like the PT at all, really liked Rogue One, and has loved the ST. So naturally, her answer was The Force Awakens, with The Last Jedi in a close second place. She explained that whereas with the older films she feels like she's watching something that she likes but, not having grown up with them, will never be able to fully appreciate in the same way that I do, when she watches the ST she feels a sense of ownership of the story and the characters. This is her Star Wars, and her interest doesn't lie in the nostalgic stuff, but in the new characters and their stories and the very modern approach the films take to the material.

She went on to mention that when we saw Solo in theaters, while she enjoyed it, the fan service did nothing for her. In contrast, whenever something like Chewie getting in the co-pilot seat, or Han getting tossed the DL-44 happened, she'd look at my face and it was just... happiness. Pure freaking childlike joy. Because Solo (and Rogue One) was made for me, and people like me who grew up loving this world. The Anthology films have been an exploration of my Star Wars, peaking into the nooks and crannies and giving backstories to things that don't technically really need backstories, and the kids can get the hell off my lawn with their BB-8s and their Kylo Rens (disclaimer: I love BB-8 and Kylo Ren) because I just watched Han freaking Solo make the Kessel Run.

3. This brings me to my third revelation: I'm a hypocrite, and I'd wager that most Star Wars fans are. We (if this doesn't apply to you I'm not talking about you, move along and don't @ me) keep asking for something new, but we're lying through our teeth. What we want is for what we liked then to be made for us now; I think this is why Rogue One is so popular with so many longtime fans. It's the Star Wars we loved as kids dressed up as a gritty war movie for grownups, complete with real consequences and literally every main and supporting character dying tragically, and it has enough "I remember that thing!" moments to directly connect us to the first time we saw whatever that thing is, but done up with the best SFX a couple hundred million could buy in 2016. Solo is similar with its depiction of the Galaxy Far, Far Away as a seriously, genuinely awful place to live, where nobody can trust anybody and you have to screw over whoever you can just to get by, which honestly feels disturbingly relatable in the rat race 21st century hellscape we're all currently trapped in.

We say we want something new, and then proceed to ask for a multi-film Old Republic series that details the history of the Jedi, and the Sith, and the Old Republic, and the etc. etc. etc. The fanbase has been asking for an Obi-Wan movie for, like, eighty years, even though the story would essentially amount to Ewan McGregor sitting in a desert for nearly two decades while waiting for Luke's voice to crack, and maybe he fights like a Sand Person or something? Doesn't matter it's an Obi-Wan movie. I want a Boba Fett film hooked up to my arm and delivered via IV drip directly into my veins, on the sole basis that the character looks "cool" and I want to see him do "stuff." I scoff at shameless appeals to my nostalgia while eating it up with piglike hunger. It's comfortable. It's safe. It's the equivalent of Anton Ego flashing back to his childhood at the end of Ratatouille.

4. I don't actually want something new from Star Wars, but I need it, and Star Wars needs it if it's going to survive. Because as much as I loved Solo, and as much as I'd like a sequel to Solo and also a Boba Fett film and also an Obi-Wan Kenobi film and also a Princess Leia film and also so. many. other. things., the box office for this film indicates that the franchise cannot survive on nostalgia alone. We the hardcore fans will likely be happy with an endless series of spin-offs, but Star Wars will stop being a culturally relevant entity and become, at best, a niche thing that's just for us.

So I need Star Wars to stop making films for me. I want a film that looks and feels nothing like the Star Wars I'm comfortable with and nostalgic for, with nothing but the Force and the essential spirit at the core of the original films retained. Just because the stories are set a long time ago doesn't mean the films have to live in the past; it's time to move forward and give future generations of fans a Star Wars that will be entirely their own, and hopefully we'll all like it, too.

But while I'm waiting for that I'm going to watch Solo a bunch more times because the movie is a goddamn delight.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    @PymParticles I get all that. Lots of truth in it. But it's not the whole story, I don't think.

Take Rogue One. In addition to being made for me, an old school OT fan, it was also made for people who aren't hugely into the pulpy silliness of most Star Wars films. That's why my wife, who never watched any of the Star Wars films before the new era (but has since), likes Rogue One a lot (with Solo right behind). It plays like a real movie, as opposed to a screwy, mythy blockbuster. And even Solo's characters are more grounded in human behavior than the OT and ST. It's the mimetic vs the mythic mode of storytelling. On the other hand, my wife doesn't like the ST, and she doesn't really like the OT either. They're too childishly melodramatic for her (not my words).

So it's not just about the worlds they're exploring. It's about style too. And people with different tastes will like different films. Rogue One appealed to just as many new audiences as the ST has, I'd day. It certainly didn't make that much money from OT fans alone. It's just that they're different new audiences.

PymParticles likes this.
  23. Hernalt

Jun 29, 2000
    Even though there is more nuance for me in SOLO:ASWS, I leave RO set at highest SW offering by Disney because my wife burst into tears at the moment the rebel fleet dropped out of hyperspace. The moment was calculated and was aimed carefully and squarely at our (her and my) generation. But it was not callously, crassly, cynically, pandering nostalgia-mining aimed squarely at our generation. There was a there, there. That was the highest instantaneous Star Wars that Disney has achieved. TFA managed to have a slight Star Wars feeling in the first half hour. SOLO:ASWS does not have 'that Star Wars feeling' for me at all, but it is a complex, thick, heavily referenced block of footnote that, for my money, stretches open the two key OT relationships, Han-&-Leia, and State-as-Crime-&-Non-State-as-Crime.
    But I totally get it when others do not see the slightest evidence that they have seen anything at all, when they watch SOLO:ASWS. I may only be seeing things that aren't there, or making more out of it than it warrants as a coping mechanism to the losses incurred with TFA and TLJ.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    I just rewatched it at home, again. I just keep watching it because it's so much fun! I love all the characters, especially Han. As a long time Han fan, I didn't know how I'd react to a different actor. Well, I love Alden as Han, so much!! To me, he makes the movie. But Q'ira, Chewie, Beckett and Lando are all strong characters, too. Love this movie!

Classified8 and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Alden is just as good as Ford. In his own way.

wobbits likes this.