main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ask The Forum's DC Expert!

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Mar 21, 2016.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Dear expat,

Would Antonio Banderas make a good Superman? Would Javier Bardem make a good Batman? Would Penelope Cruz make a decent paella?

heels1785 and Ender Sai like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Do you play Injustice: Gods among us? And if so can you give me some help and tips?

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks to @heels1785 for reminding me that I had let people forget my love for the DC universe.

I will be fielding a few more questions for a limited time. No, I’m not replying to the ones pending from last time: they were bad.

Ask away!

Ramza and heels1785 like this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Tell me, do you bl-- what's your favorite incarnation of Superman?

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    why are jonathan kent such miserable father hoping all time kids die?

EHT and Ender Sai like this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    why did allison mack become bottom girl in sex cult?

Darth Punk and heels1785 like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Who is the greater of Superman's arch enemies- Lex Luthor, or CGI?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If the Aquaman movie can still move forward after Justice League how can anyone believe in we live in a fair society?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    IS Hancock a better representation of Superman than Murderverse Cavill?

10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    why don't DC do color reprints of silver age Superman , Lois , Jimmy Olsen etc. stories ?

they seem to do more obscure stuff like Teen Titans and Doom Patrol even .

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    When are they going to call him by his true name?
    LGBaTman

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What’s the point of it all
    When you’re building a wall
    And in front of your eyes it disappears?

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    What’s the Joker’s identity?

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can you or someone seriously explain the state of the DCEU? Is the upcoming Joker movie part of it?

Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 are still happening, right? When are those coming out? Is Cyborg getting his own movie still?

Is Shazam still happening?

Is Batfleck in or out?

15. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    Is Suicide Squad the worst movie of the 2010s decade so far?

16. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Is DC really safer? Can AC really be used to electrocute an elephant?

Asking for a friend.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That's a common question, Even. If we are talking exclusively comics, I'd go with Morrison's take, both the ASS incarnation (lol) and his early New 52 take, although the Silver Age super-dad version that spanked Jimmy Olsen to remind him about small government and boiled Lois Lane's ovaries to teach her a lesson about being snoopy and leaving the kitchen is just awesome. If we are talking all media, Christopher Reeve simply wins.
    That's a common question, Sore About DC. The truth is, the Kents are folkish good people; that's what they are supposed to represent, that idealization of rural America as the place that every good comes from. ENTER... THE TRUMP! But no, really, only a miserable piece of **** would have a moral center like Jonathan Kent saying that some children should have died. I'm glad that never happened. You rascal, talking about hypothetical situations (or, as we DC experts call them, imaginary stories!)
    That's a common question, Also Sore About DC. I'm obsessed with this case. Seriously obsessed. I was following it before it went mainstream. You are very confused: she was not bottom girl, she was an alpha dominatrix that branded sex slaves to deliver to her master. She was Xenia Onatopp. So I wonder: can we find the roots of all evil in Smalville? The answer is, of course, yes.
    That's a common question, Todd. The answer is Joss Whedon, that Disney insider that infiltrated the glorious DCEU to turn into one of those (gah) entertainign and (ugh I can't say it) fun Marvel movies. I'll refer you to my essay in r/snyderisgod called "Why Superman's Moustache Was Actually Brainiac, This Is Actually Geniouous, Give Us The Snyder Cut Cowards, MAGA."
    That's a common question, Ramza. Did anyone believe in a fair society anyway? That's perverse. But back to Aquaman: I'm worried that the DCEU's recent random change of direction in the middle of their tentpole movie will truncate the plans to a gritty Aquaman movie that would have featured Khal Drogo invading ISIS territory and culimnated in a badass-but-friendly arm-wrestling bout versus President Trump. Right now I'm expecting DC to license footage from Avengers and just dub it. Have everyone call the Hulk "Aquaman." "That's my secret, Cap Marvel: I'm always moist." Thanfully the online reaction to the one DC movie that looks like fun (Teen Titans Go! To The Movies) has been rabid, so there's still time to change course and give us Aquaman: Suck My Trident.
    That's a common question, dp. Yes.
    That's a common question, gezvader. I don't know what this "Silver Age" you are talking about is, because I'm a bit behind in my reading--about six months and two reboots--and at the point I'm in the Silver Age categorically never existed (except for Batman) and the DC Universe (Batman excluded) emerged fully armored from the loins of Geoff Johns.
    That's a good question, Wocky. I'll give you another example: what's the point of releasing a series that talks in an accessible way about the pitfalls of black masculinity, the racial glass ceiling in law enforcement agencies, fractures in afro-latino communities, and Afro-American identity opposed to African diasporic identitites, when some goof in a message board is going to go "lol karate man lol will smith"? You will always find obstacles. What matters is the friends we made along the way.
    That's a common series of questions, Tony. No. Yes. Google it. Yes. Yes. Out and relieved.
    That's a common question, Vision. No, no. It's a real mess of a movie, but it's more of an spiritual heir to those bad sci-fi movies from the 90s. Suicide Squad is like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation: terrible movies that will ensure that anyone involved with their creation will spend an eternity in hell, but not really a movie that will be remembered as one of the worst. More like a movie that won't be remembered.
    That's a common question, Ben. DC is not safer at all: actually the crime rates in the District of Columbia are surprisingly high. And I'm sure you could use air conditioning to electrocute an elephant, probably one of those massive heat pumps that are used in large industrial areas. Hope it helped!

18. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I feel unsatisfied .

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

dp4m, take note. it's okay to only like the children's movies, as long as you're funny. jts, you are more than welcome to join our (let's be honest, darth-sinister's) debates in the dceu thread any time.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol, that's my secret i'm always moist.

Ender Sai and dp4m like this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    DC Expert - what is your take on the identity of Steve Trevor in WW84? Also, what is your opinion of people who have first names as last names?

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If the JCC had its own awards for DC, how long would it take to reveal the winners of those awards?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Juliet316 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That's a common questiom, Tony. What we have here is what we call a Ramirez Situation: dead secondary character either becomes very popular or the producers think any sequels can't work without them, so they are brought back, logic be damned. It's a situation that always works on the benefit of the movie, as we can see in this clip from classic Highlander II: The Quickening.

That's a question that usually only Tony makes, SSP. Long. Very long.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ramza like this.
  24. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't think you're an expert at all , you've let me down .

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    When with the Nic Cage Superman movie be released / leaked?