main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post your all time favorite thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by Obi Anne , Jul 3, 2018.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh man, I had totally forgotten about that thread! [face_laugh]

Aprentize likes this.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It's a bug with the forum software. They're just extra blank pages....no posts are missing.

JoinTheSchwarz and Ghost like this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Definitely not a favorite but this one was notable for inspiring an online cult, websites, t-shirts, you name it.

Aprentize likes this.
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The thread where people spent pages discussing the rumor of NSYNC in AOTC. So much bad photoshop, it was beautiful.

Also, EUC Civil War threads. EUCNN, oh those were simpler times!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    probably the general grievous family album. unfortunately it was not just locked, but deleted by the head admin and 3sa mod, who in addition to serially harassing people on the boards was apparently born without a sense of humor.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Would you believe I also considered that one? I think it was the only time I posted in 3SA

tom likes this.
  9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Oh, yes, even if I would say that the original thread on the UBB FF boards was even better.

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well, It's more games for me than just threads, but

The first game I joined, I think was Definition of Chaos. But my all time favorite game was
    Balance of Power, run by LSA aka LightSide Apprentice. So many plots and twits and GOODNESS!!!

Ahh, the RPG was hopping back then.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Used to be the NJO/LOTF Fan Club, and Before that The Dark Lords of the JC (HISTORY THERE). These days I enjoy, WNU ask a question/answer one, and the Guardians of Light in the EU, but the X Wing Fan Club and the Black Sheep RPG are my favs right now!

Sarge likes this.
  13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    @Debo had a great thread that was mostly consumed by the "image hosts disappear" phenomenon.. It was in JCC.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Star Wars Memories Spectacular?

UK Sullustian likes this.
  15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    pronker likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This was August 2004. I had been lurking a long while and then joined (as Renock) around that time, made a handful of posts, and forgot my password (I was 12 at the time and new to the internets). Anyway, there was a story/hoax regarding ROTS that broke around that time that Yoda would be in hiding with Chewie and would get caught by a bunch of stormtroopers. In order to get away from them, he would roll around in some dirt and...fart...a bunch.

Needless to say, a thread was created called "Yoda, um...farts?" in the 3SA that spawned several pages and was hilarious, if incredibly juvenile. I can't find that thread now :( That thread was the reason I decided to join and then leave and then rejoin 8 years later.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Another fave of mine was that thread where @Diggy told us of his youth as a missionary in Africa.

Adalia-Durron and Diggy like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That was a real exercise in massaging my own ego. “I have one line that I think is funny, and I’m going to string it out and really bait that hook, dammit!”

Seems to be lost in the nether, if I’m remembering the title correctly.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It really is the sole "discussion" thread in there that I loved. I was active in the rest for less than admirable motives. The Grievous Family Album was so good for these forums. Far more than the head admin who disintegrated it.

tom and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And then there was the OT recast with OT forum members. Somewhere between a social thread and a role playing game, it went on for more than a year, and years later people would ask if it was possible to see the film somewhere, people actually thought we had shot it for real. At most there were more than 100 people involved and the last cast list that I can find was on page 80. Remember those days @solojones ?

solojones likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    True story: I still have a drawing I made of Darth Vader and his sheep on my wall.

What a fantastic time that was. Back when everyone actually thought I was a guy and it wasn't just a running joke ;) This was basically my JC life before the JCC days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  22. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    The first Jedi Trials thread, the first Acolytes of Darkness thread, and Revenge of the New Sith Order. Ah, the good old days.

:D

Jedi_Allegra likes this.
  23. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I feel like I need to throw in the original forceboat thread in Games for all the random subsequent chat threads it spawned, especially since it got put into Galactic Battlegrounds as a cheat code that gave you an invisible naval unit.

Runner up for me is probably Who is a fan of the hit TV show, Orion Alliance?

Am probably forgetting a good amount, admittedly. Some of the old JCNGL threads where we coordinated playing Jedi Outcast were probably where I had the most fun, though. I have a lot of good memories from posting here, but especially miss that era of the Games community.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can't also forget about the classic thread "oops".

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  25. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I don’t think you’re biased- Sleepy Tower and GSE were the two best. Someday, I have to get the saved threads from @solojones.

Incidentally, I was banned for the ten year anniversary after flipping out on Rachel over some stupid drama that was indirectly related to the game. Oh, boy.

HanSolo29 likes this.