main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    What does, "You have to wait 4 seconds to perform this action" mean?

Edit: when I tried to post this, it said 30 seconds, then posted it less than 30 seconds later...?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You can't make multiple posts in a row at the same time. There's a specific time period before you can make another post. Think it's a minute? Not sure.

3. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Even on different threads? Okay, anyways. Thanks!

Also, what is the "adoption" thingy? How does that work?

Edit: @I Are The Internets ? ;)

Edit 2: If you edit, can people see what your message was while you're editing, or is it "unposted" and "reposted" ?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe it was 30 seconds prior to the update, I am not sure what it is now. @LAJ_FETT do you know?

This is from the initial post in the adoption thread:

Contact @Lady Belligerent who is the WNU adoption cordinator for more information.

Once you save your edits, the text is essentially reposted as edited. Moderators and Admins can always see edited text. Non-moderators can not.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think regular users have to wait 30 seconds between posts. VIP and above don't have that restriction.

6. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Can you "like" someone's avatar like you can their status message?

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont believe so but you can express your opinions on the user's prfile post.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  8. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Thanks!

Another question: Can MOD's see PM's?

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe Admins can, other moderators cant. @LAJ_FETT Is that accurate?

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We'd have to be added to a conversation to see the PMs. However, in the past if a complaint was serious enough the Head Admin has used other means to look at offending PMs. That hasn't happened in quite some time though.

11. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to sort the 'search' function results by date please?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont believe we have a filter capability on the search feature. For much of the last several years, technical limitations have prevented us from even deploying a rudimentary search capability. Only recently have we enabled the search feature. Whether or not we could adopt a sort or filter feature in future, we will have to discuss with our technical IT people.

13. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    Ok, thank you for explaining. I was just checking so I can try and make sure I don’t post anything already posted recently, but it is easy enough just to scroll back a few pages.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    There may be way of doing a search on google that gets you to where you want to be. See

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/elasticsearch-has-been-disabled.50035213/

15. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    Thank you! That is really helpful.

Skiara likes this.
  16. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Does your list of likes get deleted over time? Or can I go somewhere to see my entire list?

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You mean a list where you can see which post got how many likes? I don’t know such a list. But theirs a list of trophies you got and a list for what actions you get which trophy. Some trophies are handed out because of a certain amount of likes.

Does this help?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you hover over your user id in the top right corner there's a 'Likes you've received' entry. Go there for a list of likes. Looking at the number of pages I have it looks like it's the whole list.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  19. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay. I tried that, and it stays at seven, even when I've gotten at least a hundred more likes. I'll check it out, though, thanks

Edit: Oops. Nevermind, it's working now.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  20. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  21. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
  22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Generally, we can figure it out if we need to, but there is no specific requirement to inform us. But depending on the use of your sock (name for alternative accounts), it may be a good idea to do so in a PM.

Please note that in the event any of your socks are banned for any reason, you would be prohibitted from using another sock during the period of being banned.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  23. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Yeah, I mean I only have one, but just asking 'cause earlier there was this argument about whether or not my sister and I were the same person with two accounts. Wanted to know if I had proof if I needed it :p (we even both got on and posted at the same time. Still didn't believe us ;) oh, well. He might now)

24. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    How long do drafts for posts stay saved for please? I know for long posts it is probably safer just to draft offline, but was wondering how the draft function works here...

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Its a relative new feature on these boards, so I dont know off the top of my head. @LAJ_FETT do you know?

Voss Fulris likes this.