main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How many times have you seen Solo? How many times do you plan to see Solo?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like it's already gone from my local Vue.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I only saw it four times. I tried to get back to see it again a few times but it just didn't work out. :(

Not long now until the Blu-Ray is out though! :D

Sudooku likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Has there been any word about when the Blu-ray will be released?

4. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The rumor is September 25, so looking at right around two months until the digital copy comes out.

https://screenrant.com/solo-movie-blu-ray-release-date-star-wars/

Darth Chiznuk and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's supposed to be September. At least that's what Vudu listed for the digital release the last time I checked.

Guidman and TCF-1138 like this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    September... so October/November in Europe then. :p

Guidman and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Sounds about right. :p

TCF-1138 likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I only saw it once. I saw it out of obligation. Honestly, the only thing I truly liked about the story was Darth Maul's appearance and Qi'ra's character. I think Alden and all the actors did very well. But the story was so unnecessary. All I need to know about Han Solo's past was in the old EU. He rescued Chewie from slavery. And he did not get his name from an Imperial officer. It would have made more sense if he had made it up on the spot in the film. Lol.

I know that many fans did not want a Solo origin film. We wanted a film with Ewan McGregor between ROTS and ANH. Anyhow, it was good to hear Sam Witwer as Maul and to see Ray Park reprise the character physically.

I view Rogue One quite often. I love that film. Only TESB surpasses it in terms of quality, IMO. Whenever I own Solo, I may only put it in to see the Darth Maul scene, if that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    MaciekRS likes this.
  9. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It's now gone from my 150 mile radius. I saw it 9 times.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Good job doing your part to support this. I had aimed for 8 but only made to 5.

Bowen and Hernalt like this.
  11. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It was my sense that this was red meat thrown to the people left feeling anemic after the non world building of ST. I took it in that spirit.
    I might have got more in but we had to travel to see family etc.

12. Darth Skippy

Darth Skippy Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2018
    Twice in 2d. Would see it more in theater, but 1. limited income, 2. other movies I want(ed) to see. I'll buy it when it comes out. Enjoyed it.

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    One of only two SW films that I only saw once theatrically (the other was ROTS). Looked like the local theatre was going to keep it one month longer but they seemed to swap it out for another screen for some other film between Friday and Saturday. Was really looking forward to a second viewing, too.

14. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have seen it 14 times, Monday night should be the 15th viewing. That was what I set as my minimum goal after it opened and I enjoyed it so much, but I was hoping for more... it just isn't sticking around long enough, sadly. I am hoping for a 16th viewing though also probably Wednesday night. Part of it is also my fault, though, there were way too many times I told myself, "I should take advantage while it's still around, I should go see it tonight" or "tomorrow" but I've just been busier. I feel like there's not much going on for me the average December / January / February and it's a great time to go see a movie a bunch of times. In the summer, I've had days I did something more active and was just too tired by the end of the day so I ended up not going.

My worst viewing was #12 I guess it was, absolutely horrifying, I don't think I can remember a theatrical viewing of a movie in recent memory at least that was worse. My theater is one of the nicest in the city, but that seems to apply more to their best auditoriums. The manager told me when I asked him about it after that 2 of the 18 screens have a bulb that's low, and I'm sitting there wondering why don't you replace them?! How can you justify charging $12 per ticket when it looks WAY worse than home? I feel like theaters are destroying their loyalty and their audiences because of things like this. I'm such a theater lover, I really do enjoy the experience of being in a dark theater watching a movie, but I've had that experience ruined so many times lately by external factors that combined with owning a huge 4K TV and a great sound system just makes me feel kind of more apathetic about it than previously. This time, it was so bad that you couldn't make out details on anyone's face unless it was a close up shot. I don't mean medium like waist up, I mean CLOSE UP, literally it had to be right in the actor's face or it was just no detail whatsoever. You couldn't tell if someone was smiling or frowning, I mean I already know these things but jeez I don't go to the movies to watch a darkened picture. It was so horrifying I immediately switched to another theater playing it for my next viewing and that was a way better experience. And when that theater dropped it, #14 was another theater still.

Now... I'm back to the last place playing it right near me and that's the nightmare experience from #12. I just hope it's not in the same auditorium or I won't go back for #16 after all. I'm already nervous.

15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Didn't see it once. Chose Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2, A Quiet Place, and Jurassic World 2 as in theater movies I've seen during its run.

Once I'm confident in Lucasfilm's product - I'll be back buying tickets. But not until then.

16. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    You have a Glover-Lando avatar, but refuse to see Solo? :confused:

Lee_, Bowen and Darth Buzz like this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Saw it twice in the theatre! Really enjoyed the movie, was pleasently surprised at how much I like it coming out of the first viewing. I didn't like Rogue One at all, so I was happy to get an anthology film that I liked!

18. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I saw Solo once in the theater. My heart told me to see it a second time but my mind told me that the Incredibles was the way to go so I saw the Incredibles. I was planning on trying to see it a second time and then Antman and the Wasp was released and it got pushed out of the Cinema. I will likely watch it on digital release though.

19. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Love the classic character. But more disappointed at what Lucasfilm did with TLJ. Will see it at home.

20. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Agreed ! Solo has a darker palette and this problem is more obvious with movies like it. We even have a thread that was started to comment on how dark it was on several theaters.

21. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I saw it four times in theaters. Loved it. Alden Ehenreich did a great job as Han, which is a tough role to do for obvious reasons.
    Loved all the characters. Tobias Beckett was very interesting. The entire film was just fun. Disney Lucasfilm is doing great with the anthologies so far.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    I saw it once. Fun movie but not essential like Rogue One or The Last Jedi. I'll watch it again in september.

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah, that's true, it does have a darker look in general (which surprised me at first, I'll admit), so that low bulb situation doesn't work out. I couldn't even make out faces it was so bad. BUT the last viewing, #15, was great. I didn't go for 16 yesterday, too busy, but my theater is holding it for a week so I'll try to get in another viewing Sunday most likely and go from there.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What does TLJ have to do with Solo?

25. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Last I checked it was the next movie made my Lucasfilm.

Star Wars as a brand has begun to lose consumer confidence. Its reflected in box office trends and merchandise sales. Regardless of reason it is not as powerful of an entity as it was 10 or even 2-3 years ago.

Solo was clearly a casualty of that falling consumer confidence.

26. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Solo was most likely a casualty of a three-month marketing campaign, as the only professiobal marketing analysis of that BO disappointment has found. There’s nothing that “clearly” backs up the idea that it was the result of waning consumer confidence. That’s simply an unsubstantiated guess from fans who disliked TLJ.

EHT and MaciekRS like this.